Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

5 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Getting rid of all private insurance for a Medicare for All system seems like a massive unattainable clusterfug of a project.

I think the most dems pushing for access to Medicare for everyone, or a public option, see their system as eventually putting private insurance companies out of business unless they offer a better product.

Oh you mean the logical way to do it?

36 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Getting rid of all private insurance for a Medicare for All system seems like a massive unattainable clusterfug of a project.

I think the most dems pushing for access to Medicare for everyone, or a public option, see their system as eventually putting private insurance companies out of business unless they offer a better product.

Private insurance will not go out of business it will morph into specialty insurance to provide beyond coverage needed to live a healthy life. 

What a medicare for all plan needs to shift is moving funds put into employee health plans to the government system and peoples paycheck w/ the savings of a more efficient system.  For example my 20k plan $16k a year goes into the government system, 2k is the employers savings, 2k is a increase for me.

An advantageous system for employers and employees to switch our health care industry which will require transition time like Obamacare which did not put into effect changes on day one there was a 3-5 year phase in.

Edited by Fryfan

4 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Private insurance will not go out of business it will morph into specialty insurance to provide beyond coverage needed to live a healthy life. 

What a medicare for all plan needs to shift is moving funds put into employee health plans to the government system and peoples paycheck w/ the savings of a more efficient system.  For example my 20k plan $16k a year goes into the government system, 2k is the employers savings, 2k is a increase for me.

An advantageous system for employers and employees to switch our health care industry which will require transition time like Obamacare which did not put into effect changes on day one there was a 3-5 year phase in.

Sounds good to me. Bernie could use you on his team.

1 hour ago, Fryfan said:

So despite the obvious shortcomings with your idea. 

How do you compensate for high risk jobs with specialized insurance plans in the first place? 

1 hour ago, Harbingers said:

So despite the obvious shortcomings with your idea. 

How do you compensate for high risk jobs with specialized insurance plans in the first place? 

Beyond the smoothing out of rates through a giant pool? 

the quicker we can get the republican party out of power the better

most obvious thing I have ever typed

3 hours ago, Fryfan said:

Beyond the smoothing out of rates through a giant pool? 

So you realize you won’t be getting that 2K and neither will an employer right? 

Because employers will no longer be subject to healthcare payments. 

7 hours ago, Fryfan said:

Anything that takes money from people and gives it to the gov is a horrible, terrible idea

4 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Anything that takes money from people and gives it to the gov is a horrible, terrible idea

Why? Please be specific.,

6 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Start with “you can keep your doctor”

Which Obama shouldn't have said since it was either a lie or, at best, he wasn't 100% sure he could keep that promise. 

Having said that, if Obamacare had been around when my Mom got sick, he wouldn't have had to quit the business he'd spent 25+ years building & take a job that came with about a $65,000/yr pay cut to make sure she had healthcare that wouldn't cost them the house.

So yeah, that argument is dismissed. Anything else?