Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

52 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Im one of those vote against Trump no matter what people.  I will push in the primary and vote my heart but by the time it gets to Maryland it usually is pointless.

From this standpoint if it HAS to be a moderate I am not sure why Amy is not getting more traction - she is basically a female biden with less baggage and less chance of dying during her term.

She inspires no one and is polling worse with African Americans than mayo Pete. There’s your answer. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if most find your annoying af with her whiny voice. Atleast Biden has something he’s running for. 

59 minutes ago, CRA said:

too many candidates does skew who really could be the biggest draw though in a national election.  The whole vote splitting aspect. 

So Bloomberg does pull from potential Biden supporters.    So does Mayor Pete.   Or vice versa. 

What the Dem field really needs if serious about getting the best candidate in terms of votes to have it drop to a two person race. 

Bernie or Warren vs Biden or Pete or whoever from that crowd

I agree, it needs to narrow down.  I'm one of those that will vote Biden or Mayor Pete if they are the nominee but will go another direction if its someone like Bernie or Warren.

52 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

From this standpoint if it HAS to be a moderate I am not sure why Amy is not getting more traction - she is basically a female biden with less baggage and less chance of dying during her term.

Amy is Biden without the name recognition.

She also has near zero support from minorities (something the NY Times chose to ignore when they endorsed her).

7 minutes ago, TheBlue said:

She inspires no one and is polling worse with African Americans than mayo Pete. There’s your answer. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if most find your annoying af with her whiny voice. Atleast Biden has something he’s running for. 

Gun to your head.  Biden or Kloubchar as president.  Who is it?

This is giving two fugs about who has current support and who we want this is about break down and the president is going to be a moderate no matter the fug what. 

Edited by Fryfan

12 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Amy is Biden without the name recognition.

She also has near zero support from minorities (something the NY Times chose to ignore when they endorsed her).

Which is the point I am making.  Biden should be dead in hte water.  Why is he leading in most polls with AA support?  Give me a reason? 

Yes Sanders should win - yes Amy and Biden should be far down on the list.  The whole conversation I am having is IF it came down to Joe or Amy - why is she not gaining traction.  She is the same candidate as biden with a lot less of historical and current issues.

Edited by Fryfan

10 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Which is the point I am making.  Biden should be dead in hte water.  Why is he leading in most polls with AA support?  Give me a reason? 

Yes Sanders should win - yes Amy and Biden should be far down on the list.  The whole conversation I am having is IF it came down to Joe or Amy - why is she not gaining traction.  She is the same candidate as biden with a lot less of historical and current issues.

Obama's VP

and outside of being senile and old....a generally likeable person. 

That is it.  That is all it takes for him to lead that section. 

1 minute ago, Fryfan said:

We both know why.  Biden is best known as Obama's VP.  Without that association, Joe's political record should be enough to discourage most voters (especially minorities) from selecting him as their democratic nominee.  Just as it did when he previously ran for the nomination .

1 hour ago, Fryfan said:

Gun to your head.  Biden or Kloubchar as president.  Who is it?

This is giving two fugs about who has current support and who we want this is about break down and the president is going to be a moderate no matter the fug what. 

Neither

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, TheBlue said:

Neither

I got that.  Hence the gun to the head statement to emphasize this is forced decision scenario not on you will make in real life. 

Im not one of those push the voters that will sit out if a progressive is not on the ballot.  Although - come out and vote for down ballot and initiatives  No reason to sit out completely.

Edited by Fryfan

9 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

I got that.  Hence the gun to the head statement to emphasize this is forced decision scenario not on you will make in real life. 

Im not one of those push the voters that will sit out if a progressive is not on the ballot.  Although - come out and vote for down ballot and initiatives  No reason to sit out completely.

I don’t believe in false choices. *kanye shrugs*

Just now, TheBlue said:

I don’t believe in false choices. *kanye shrugs*

Or thought experiments apparently.

4 minutes ago, Fryfan said:

Or thought experiments apparently.

I mean if you were being honest and realistic there is never a situation where those are the only two options. So why even entertain that? 

Just now, TheBlue said:

I mean if you were being honest and realistic there is never a situation where those are the only two options. So why even entertain that? 

Because we may have president Biden - and I like to entertain if we MUST have a republican light why MUST it Biden?  WTF is it BIDEN?  Amy = Biden but w/o being Biden which IMO is a small step up.