Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
rodeo

democratic primary candidates thread

1 hour ago, TheBlue said:

you dont even know what you are arguing against dude. you move the goal posts when you are proven wrong. shut the fug up already no one gives a fug about your shitty opinions

I’m merely addressing where Bernie has gone wrong....which cost him the nomination.  His M4A is an example and it isn’t wrong because he wants to insure everyone.  He goes too far merely for the sake of being the furthest to the left.  Which hurts him.  Because he takes good ideas initially and then keeps running left until it becomes bad.  His approach to student debt and education is a similar example.  Which again was good.  It needs to be addressed.  Then he goes too far merely for the sake of being the furthest out there....and he loses everyone.  Because it becomes bad a policy. 

But you routinely show why  95% of your posts are just lame insults.  Because when asked to get into actual discussion you don’t even know the basics of Bernie’s policy. 

By the way, it is in section 201 I believe that Bernie outlines what was discussed.  

9 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

How you been around for the past 3 years or? 

Trump literally threatening to refuse aid in a health pandemic to states whose governors aren’t praising him properly...

in reality we have moved past shitty Dem/Rep politics.  Too many still focused on that. 

any Democrat would be better for America than Trump....from Biden to Bernie to even crazy ass Marianne. 

16 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

How you been around for the past 3 years or? 

i have, in fact i remember a few years ago you seemed to be a reasonable poster with whom i disagreed with at times. not sure whats happened since.

11 minutes ago, CRA said:

Trump literally threatening to refuse aid in a health pandemic to states whose governors aren’t praising him properly...

in reality we have moved past shitty Dem/Rep politics.  Too many still focused on that. 

any Democrat would be better for America than Trump....from Biden to Bernie to even crazy ass Marianne. 

idc what their party affiliation a politician has, i have a few simple principles a politician must support: namely affordable healthcare, getting big money out of politics, legalization of marijuana and the deconstruction of the for-profit prison system. until there is a candidate who supports these positions i will vote accordingly against those who do not support that.

whats likely is either we'll all be screwed and nothing changes or that material conditions will deteriorate to the point that a populist can sweep into power and enact legislation to right these wrongs.

Posted (edited)

it's truly naive to believe that there is any going back to the way things used to be. Trump has rewritten the playbook of what is viewed as acceptable-- Republicans aren't gonna pivot back to a Kasich-type, more palatable republican when the Trump-style has been so successful for them already. nominate as many dipshit centrists in the name of electability as you want, eventually you'll learn your lesson.

e: to be fair i must have been naive to believe 2020 would be any different than 2016, but i know better now.

Edited by pantherphan96

23 minutes ago, CRA said:

I’m merely addressing where Bernie has gone wrong....which cost him the nomination.  His M4A is an example and it isn’t wrong because he wants to insure everyone.  He goes too far merely for the sake of being the furthest to the left.  Which hurts him.  Because he takes good ideas initially and then keeps running left until it becomes bad.  His approach to student debt and education is a similar example.  Which again was good.  It needs to be addressed.  Then he goes too far merely for the sake of being the furthest out there....and he loses everyone.  Because it becomes bad a policy. 

But you routinely show why  95% of your posts are just lame insults.  Because when asked to get into actual discussion you don’t even know the basics of Bernie’s policy. 

By the way, it is in section 201 I believe that Bernie outlines what was discussed.  

you havent though, your original point that we are watching in real time that you need private sector was debunked, then you moved goal posts that bernie wants to completely eliminate private sector complete, also debunked. and now you are making up bullshit cause you cant concede you were wrong to begin with. give it up

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, CRA said:

I wouldn’t go as far as Marianne. She’d probably have everyone in prayer circles praying to the moon goddess of the thirteenth colony that we don’t get COVID. I put her in the Scientology category personally though. Anyone else, ya. 

Edited by Harbingers

6 minutes ago, pantherphan96 said:

idc what their party affiliation a politician has, i have a few simple principles a politician must support: namely affordable healthcare, getting big money out of politics, legalization of marijuana and the deconstruction of the for-profit prison system. until there is a candidate who supports these positions i will vote accordingly against those who do not support that.

whats likely is either we'll all be screwed and nothing changes or that material conditions will deteriorate to the point that a populist can sweep into power and enact legislation to right these wrongs.

Well, Trump is going to make many of those (easily 3) worse  than whatever shitty Dem is running against him...for profit prisons, big money and healthcare.

so if those really matter why wouldn’t you want to at least prevent how bad some of them get? 

and a populist sweeping in aren’t always good.  I mean Trump was essentially just that to those on the right. Trump easily could be replaced if he wins in 2020 with a similar con job from the other side.    

20 minutes ago, TheBlue said:

you havent though, your original point that we are watching in real time that you need private sector was debunked, then you moved goal posts that bernie wants to completely eliminate private sector complete, also debunked. and now you are making up bullshit cause you cant concede you were wrong to begin with. give it up

No it hasn’t been debunked. Saying Medicare exists isn’t debunking diddly poo.  It is tiny in reality and always under threat by folks that run our country. 

You do not want the Federal government in America totally in charge of our healthcare.  Look at the government right now? Not just the pandemic but look at them in the courts with the ACA.   They don’t give a fug. It is the US Federal government.  We have steady proof of how bad they are consistently over and over and over and over. 

Talk to folks in healthcare today.   Right now.  Federal government is in the way botching the fug out of things.   Like normal.   Which is again the simply point. Not to mention the hypocrisy of Bernie Bros bashing the fug our of our corrupt government across the board and in the same breathe arguing but they should totally control all of our health insurance needs. 

and it isn’t moving the goalpost bringing up Bernie wanting to completely kill private health insurance.  That is literally part of the conversation.  That the private sector needs to be involved.  Government can’t have full control.  Just leads to people getting fugged. 

and truth is, Bernie likely agrees in reality the private sector needs to stay in the mix.   Bernie knows he is selling poo for votes.  That is politics.   They all do it.  I don’t really have a problem big picture with it but let’s not talk like it all is real and good.  He doing the same with the extreme school debt stuff.   Because some of it makes no sense to do and he knows it....but he simply wanted to occupy the furthest lane and too many Dems had begun adopting parts of his poo and getting in his space.  They did that because he was right about what needed to be addressed so others crept in.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

No it hasn’t been debunked. Saying Medicare exists isn’t debunking diddly poo.  It is tiny in reality and always under threat by folks that run our country. 

You do not want the Federal government in America totally in charge of our healthcare.  Look at the government right now? Not just the pandemic but look at them in the courts with the ACA.   They don’t give a fug. It is the US Federal government.  We have steady proof of how bad they are consistently over and over and over and over. 

Talk to folks in healthcare today.   Right now.  Federal government is in the way botching the fug out of things.   Like normal.   Which is again the simply point. Not to mention the hypocrisy of Bernie Bros bashing the fug our of our corrupt government across the board and in the same breathe arguing but they should totally control all of our health insurance needs. 

and it isn’t moving the goalpost bringing up Bernie wanting to completely kill private health insurance.  That is literally part of the conversation.  That the private sector needs to be involved.  Government can’t have full control.  Just leads to people getting fugged. 

M4A doesnt mean the federal government is fully in charge of healthcare. you are wrong and lack an understanding of what M4A actually is. 

we have majority private sector right now and we are getting killed by the virus. had more time to prepare than china or italy and weve surpassed them in case count. your initial statement is objectively wrong. after when you move the goal post you were wrong on that too. now shut the fug up 

1 hour ago, pantherphan96 said:

i'm not gonna tell you not to vote for Biden. my position and what i'd imagine is the position of many of the posters you disagree with on this board is that they would vote for a "lesser evil," its just that their lesser evil is Bernie.

where i probably break from their opinions is that Biden presidency is probably worse in the long run than 4 years of Trump, even if it seems like it would be better in the short term.

i very much agree with you on the last part. 4 years of a conservative democrat who will continue the status quo policies that gave us Trump in the first place will only result in someone even farther right than Trump in 2024. Biden's entire plan of "let me take us back to exactly how we were 15 minutes before Trump was elected" might as well be saying "let's elect Tom Cotton in 2024 to finish the job Trump has started, except with ruthless efficiency and unprecedented cruelty."

the best option since the dems are set on nominating a rapist is to just let Trump fart around for 4 years and then give it another shot at electing a candidate who will implement progressive policies to help americans.

• Pie 1

Lololololoooo lowest enthusiasm of any candidate for 20 years. The Moderates have handed Trump 4 more years on a platter