Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Proudiddy

Gettleman is getting absolutely destroyed by national media... STILL

It's insane, it's been a focal point for the NFL Network all morning. Every single show is talking about that quote from Gettleman. 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 1

5 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

It's been 3 days since the draft. 

We have no idea if literally anyone is any good yet. 

Let's evaluate again in 3 years. 

My issue with the Hot Take on Daniel Jones is that there appears to be some indignance as to why Haskin's wasn't drafted. Listening to people talk about it, they make it out like this is a privilege thing. Adjusting for surrounding talent, Jones is on par with Haskins in QB play. Watching Ohio State this year, I never once saw the requirement of Haskins to do half as much as Jones did.

Things Jones did that Haskins didn't:

• Hot Routes
  • Line Protections
  • Audibles
  • Likely input on game planning during the week 
  • Play and get Duke a Top 25 ranking

Haskins appears to be a talent but his footwork is poor, his release slow, and he played with talent that likely elevates his level of play. Jones elevated the play of the entire Duke offense. He also had the second lowest percentage of off-target throws in FBS last season. 

The irony here is that his player comparison by Walter Football is...ELI MANNING. Which comes as no surprise given he played under Cutcliffe at Ole Miss. 

https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2019danieljones.php

NY media is just a cesspool of misery and the national feeds of it.

I stopped giving a fug about day after draft grades years ago. We'll see how these 'excellent' and 'terrible' classes play out in 3 years.

Edited by Dilla

5 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

No doubt, although my current opinion of those 3 first rounders is abysmal, I could be very wrong.

But, I was just sharing what a big deal they're making of it nationally...  not just the draft stuff, but the trade and letting Collins walk for nothing.  He's been getting roasted every where I've looked for months, but he's back on the front page after the draft.

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

No doubt, although my current opinion of those 3 first rounders is abysmal, I could be very wrong.

But, I was just sharing what a big deal they're making of it nationally...  not just the draft stuff, but the trade and letting Collins walk for nothing.  He's been getting roasted every where I've looked for months, but he's back on the front page after the draft.

They let Collins walk for a third round comp pick. They'll get that next year. 

7 hours ago, countryboi said:

Show me on this football where Gettleman touched you? he cant hurt us anymore...

This is my fav comment of all time lolol

• Pie 1

How do y’all find the minutes in the day to devote to keeping DG on your mind? He’s been gone for a while now.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Montsta said:

How do y’all find the minutes in the day to devote to keeping DG on your mind? He’s been gone for a while now.

Right, tell me about it. Been gone........

8 hours ago, The Huddler said:

no dude stop. lets listen to trey wingy and not let processes play out. we gage everything off of mainstream soap opera ESPN. the platform that was just soooo in the right to not to show Simmons highlights but to shame the kid. 

If anyone thinks that, the QB aside, the DT Lawrence, the edge rusher that they took, and the two DBs they took won’t be near-instant impact players on that defense, they are deluding themselves.

And then IF the QB pays off, thats a cherry on top.

I remember, once upon a time, how many of the same people who are DG haters in this forum also had criticism of another 1st round QB once upon a time. 

Cam Newton.

45 minutes ago, Montsta said:

tbf its on 99.9 the whole day

Not a single person on this huddle disliked gettleman until Steve Smith was cut. Nowadays you guys are so obsessed with hating the man but you guys are still hating on him when it's all water under the bridge.

Edited by pantherclaw
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, Cracka McNasty said:

lets talk about dave's 2016 draft then. Id say it was the worst in panther history

• Pie 3