Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

A state that cares so much about unborn children should at least try to rank a bit higher than dead last in education.

• Pie 2

8 hours ago, retired said:

yep... you can kill a human baby in the womb is fine and your a fine person but if you kill a dog your a horrible person

Why did you run from the rest of that post? Stop being a coward.

7 hours ago, retired said:

its only inflammatory if your ok with killing babies while they are still in the womb

Do you really not know or understand that it is a fetus until it is born, when it is then known as a baby?

How fugging difficult is that to grasp?

And this is all coming from the party of smaller, less intrusive government? How the fug can you get any more intrusive than to start deciding what people can or can't do with their bodies?

13 hours ago, CatTower said:

Hey everyone, if we scream loud enough, we won't be able to hear anyone oppose our viewpoints and cause us to consider theirs.   This forum is like that.  This is why secret societies form and the elite rule with an invisible hand.  I'm done here as I'm sure many others like me have left.  Just because you bark the loudest, doesn't make you right 

14 hours ago, Icege said:

What half of the 40 week gestation period they're attempting to legislate is the man responsible for?

Do you have an answer yet?

10 hours ago, retired said:

your one cold hearted person

but to let you in on something.... , your son was viable from conception, if he wasn't he never would have lived to be born

First off, obligatory grammar hammer "you're" as you are saying "you are."  But that's just nitpicking, right?

Second, you're using hindsight (lived to be born) to prove something you can't (that all fetuses are viable).  The reality is they are not all viable - hence the massive numbers of miscarriages and prenatal birth defects.  I'm really happy for you that you've never experience a stillborn child because that's what your "argument" suggests.  I don't know you, and you don't seem like someone I'd care to know.  

The ultimate reality of the abortion debate is that Men overwhelmingly want to control a Woman's body.  Since you and I lack the parts to carry children in our own bodies, then we should really allow the women that control.  Pregnancy is not a black and white situation.  There's LOTS of other parts of women's health that factor into being pregnant and how it ends.  This isn't the world of The Handmaid's Tale.  

Finally, why do so many of the conservatives who get their panties in a wad over this abortion want to phrase everything like children are a punishment?  Children are a responsibility, a gift, a joy, and something meant to be loved and cherished.  Should they be a consignment of punishment? 

Should those same children be doomed to a life of hardship, strife, and misery because the mother (who was not ready or able to take care of a child) doesn't have the ability, income, etc to support that child?  I wouldn't expect a bunch of old white men to understand what happens during pregnancy and afterwords.  The bonding, the love, the maternal instincts make is "hard" to just give the child up to the fairly sketchy adoption industry.  I should know, having adopted my son.  Would you cut off a part of your own body?

Again, most of the arguments conservatives put forth are entirely unconvincing that removing a right (to choose) is an acceptable practice.  Gun nuts go ballistic when there is even the slightest possibility of an infringement upon their right to gather as many death implements in their homes as possible.  

OK, a final point to this particular stream of consciousnesses rant:  finances.  Many people identify as fiscal conservatives around here, right?  Raising children, especially on government assistance, is a "drain on the economy," right?  Less poor babies = less in taxes.  Why can't you stand behind that?  "Oh, children are priceless" you may start, which I would then say "If children are so priceless, why don't you support programs to help ALL children?" At which point most conservatives call me (or insert random liberal) names and go back into their echo chamber.

Abortion has always been a huge idealogical catch 22 for me. I'm for the rights of the individual, period. But when it comes to abortion, someone's rights are going to be trampled on. Either the unborn's right to live or the mother's right to make decisions for her own body. I can absolutely sympathize with both sides of the argument on both one. There no shortage of strong opinions on either side of the aisle so I've always just bowed out. Let those who are passionate about the issue fight it out.

State Senator Linda Coleman-Madison proposed an amendment to the bill that would require the state to provide free prenatal and medical care for mothers who had been denied an abortion by the new law. Her amendment was struck down by a vote of 23-6.

https://www.newsweek.com/alabama-abortion-ban-mother-child-health-care-1426643

12 minutes ago, countryboi said:

Yeah people who go around calling abortion mass murder and/or genocide and all that usually consider muh tax dollars a bridge too far to help mollify the issue when it's suggested.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 1

42 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Abortion has always been a huge idealogical catch 22 for me. I'm for the rights of the individual, period. But when it comes to abortion, someone's rights are going to be trampled on. Either the unborn's right to live or the mother's right to make decisions for her own body. I can absolutely sympathize with both sides of the argument on both one. There no shortage of strong opinions on either side of the aisle so I've always just bowed out. Let those who are passionate about the issue fight it out.

Something that isn't viable outside of a woman's womb shouldn't be granted person-hood, and only has been for political reasons. The only reason you're even able to talk about 'unborn rights' with a straight face is because of religious zealots creating the term and normalizing it. 

1 minute ago, PanthersBigD said:

Something that isn't viable outside of a woman's womb shouldn't be granted person-hood, and only has been for political reasons. The only reason you're even able to talk about 'unborn rights' with a straight face is because of religious zealots creating the term and normalizing it. 

This is why I just stay out of the argument. It's nothing but pure emotion fueled zeal and I just don't really give a poo. I just got back and shake my head and laugh to keep from feeling depressed about how dumb the average person really is.

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

This is why I just stay out of the argument. It's nothing but pure emotion fueled zeal and I just don't really give a poo. I just got back and shake my head and laugh to keep from feeling depressed about how dumb the average person really is.

I get that, but riding the fence makes it worse. If you have a rational take, you should vote it, rather than wallow in your apathy. We're legit headed toward a more theocratic version of Idiocracy if we all just stay complacent because we hate arguing with idiots. 

The more I think about it, you don't hate arguing with people you consider idiots at all, as evidenced by your post count...

2 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

I get that, but riding the fence makes it worse. If you have a rational take, you should vote it, rather than wallow in your apathy. We're legit headed toward a more theocratic version of Idiocracy if we all just stay complacent because we hate arguing with idiots. 

The more I think about it, you don't hate arguing with people you consider idiots at all, as evidenced by your post count...

I do enjoy pointing out idiocy. This just isn't a topic I normally engage on. Blind emotion with absolutely zero logic and not a lot of passion about it personally. The latter part is why it's easy to sit back and chuckle on this one for me.

8 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I do enjoy pointing out idiocy. This just isn't a topic I normally engage on. Blind emotion with absolutely zero logic and not a lot of passion about it personally. The latter part is why it's easy to sit back and chuckle on this one for me.

I wouldn't chuckle too heartily if I were you. Deluding yourself into believing that you are somehow above the fray is idiotic in its own right. The anti-abortion issue has never been about the sanctity of life. It's about leveraging religion(and its gullible adherents) to give a corrupt government more control. The zealots on both sides are only a distraction. 

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

so compromise. the mother can't kill/abort the fetuse, but she has the right to remove the fetus from her own body at any time and let it survive on its own with all the rights and privileges that entails.