Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

jasonluckydog

This guy hanging out in front of the stadium made the news.

I just read this on Yahoo

Harold was photographed Monday outside Bank of America Stadium, home of the Carolina Panthers, wearing his Missouri uniform and a sign reading: “Will pass rush for hot wings. I slipped through the cracks.”

This is not the first time Harold has tried this strategy. He walked on at Missouri after staking out the parking lot outside their athletic complex, hoping for a shot at a tryout. Not only did he make the team, but he became a starter and was named a team captain by his senior year.

“I just want a shot,” he said to Fox 46’s Will Kunkel. “It takes a lot of humility to do something like this.”

Harold was photographed Monday outside Bank of America Stadium, home of the Carolina Panthers, wearing his Missouri uniform and a sign reading: “Will pass rush for hot wings. I slipped through the cracks.”

This is not the first time Harold has tried this strategy. He walked on at Missouri after staking out the parking lot outside their athletic complex, hoping for a shot at a tryout. Not only did he make the team, but he became a starter and was named a team captain by his senior year.

https://sports.yahoo.com/former-missouri-defensive-lineman-tells-nfl-teams-he-will-play-for-hot-wings-215810874.html

Edited by jasonluckydog
Link
  • Pie 1

Can’t hurt to give him a look. If he makes the team he gets paid in wings... won’t count against the cap.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

Cool story, but he had 47 tackles, 10 TFLs, and 4.5 sacks in his entire college career at 6-2, 255. He's almost certainly simply not an NFL caliber talent.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Cool story, but he had 47 tackles, 10 TFLs, and 4.5 sacks in his entire college career at 6-2, 255. He's almost certainly simply not an NFL caliber talent.

Still couldn't hurt to see what he can do.. can you imagine if sam mills never got a shot?

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, mjligon said:

But can he play free safety 

Seriously can we get a fugging FS already?

10 minutes ago, Toolbox said:

Still couldn't hurt to see what he can do.. can you imagine if sam mills never got a shot?

Sam Mills had over 500 tackles in college. Granted, at a small school, but still. 

Mizzou to Charlotte he came a long way

To hold a sign 

And if this works the Panthers will have 10 players next off season in front of the stadium

Edited by Palmetto
  • Pie 1

20 hours ago, Toolbox said:

Great point. Here's a write-up about a similarly undersized DE that had a great NFL career:

former American football linebacker. He played college football for Kent State University and was signed by the Pittsburgh Steelers as an undrafted free agent in 2002. A five-time Pro Bowl selection who won two Super Bowls with the Steelers: XL and XLIII and became the Steelers all-time sack leader.  

A: Who is James Harrison, Jr. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    pennywise

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I'm sure Barrack Hussein Obama was backed by the Kenyan and many African governments, when he challenged the Clinton Machine (aka the DNC) to steal the nomination from the anointed Hillary. Do you even understand what you are saying? If ADOS doesn't even believe in themselves, why should they even try? You wanna know how many ADOS millionaires backed President Obama, when he ran for office in IL and nationally? How about LeBron? Kevin Johnson? Vince Carter? Magic Johnson? just to name a few millionaire ADOS basketball players? Cam Newton has more wealth can Cenk ... oh wait, Cenk is an immigrant ... and according to YC, he is "more citizen than ADOS". How about all the ADOS Rap artists  and Hollywood personalities ...etc. Yea ... ADOS doesn't have any money. Because Tone Talk and YC said so ... "according to the Data"... This is why I feel so sorry for the ADOS movement. It is already failing because it is led by clueless people.   And if Obama is too much for you, maybe you should look at the path of Sheila Lee and how she got where she is now. I know ADOS hates her, but instead of just criticizing her, what can you learn from how she got where she is? The other day, YC made the comment that immigrants are more citizens than ADOS. So, she has managed to convince people (like yourself) that a Haitian (or Jamaican), who risked his life fleeing his country, abandoned his family , arrived on American shores on a boat, doesn't even speak English has more "citizenship" than ADOS, who were born in American, went through High School (with White people) for free and has opportunities to get scholarships to go to college for free?  And of course, people like yourself believe the nonsense. Like I said ... the #ADOS comedy show on YC channel ... is just getting funnier and funnier ... I'm still waiting for #ADOS reparation candidates for any offices in the land ... You got any names yet?
    • I have two seats in 504.  I'm asking $4,000 each.  The Panthers are selling them at $5,000 per seat.  That's a $2,000 savings for the pair of PSLs, but can't get a bite.
    • The Panthers do not re-purchase or offer a buy back on PSLs, so if a PSL owner wants to sell those seats it's either they find a buyer themselves or go through the exchange.  Yes, the team still offers PSLs, but with the deals on the exchange, buying them through the team would not be wise.  Most PSL owners are just looking to make a little return off the original purchase, like myself, which is still a few grand less than what the organization is selling comparable seats for.   In other words, my PSLs are 15-years old this season, so why would I sell them for the amount I bought them at 15-years ago considering the organization is selling the same PSLs $4,500 more currently than I bought them for?  So if I'm asking less than the $4,500 per seat the team is asking, that should be a reasonable price...yet no bites.  Again, it seems buyers are looking for desperate folks offloading their PSLs.  I'm sure it happens, but it ain't EBay.