Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSpecialJuan

REPORT: Panthers interested in Gerald McCoy

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

There's just nothing to support your theory that the NFC South has been the tougher division. In fact, everything points to the opposite. In Rivera's 8 years, there's only been 3 when there has been more than one team in the division with a winning record. One season there were none. In the AFC North during that same time frame, there have been 6 years when there has been more than one team with a winning record. The AFC North has clearly been the consistently tougher division over the past 8 seasons.

Yes there is consensus that the NFC South has been the toughest division for several years. Also besides Baltimore who else has won many games in the division? Cleveland? How many has Cincinnati had?  How many teams from the AFC North have won their conference in the last 8 years?  How many NFC South teams won their conference? It isn't close.    Obviously stats are easy to find and argue about...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, panthers55 said:

Yes there is consensus that the NFC South has been the toughest division for several years. Also besides Baltimore who else has won many games in the division? Cleveland? How many has Cincinnati had?  How many teams from the AFC North have won their conference in the last 8 years?  How many NFC South teams won their conference? It isn't close.    Obviously stats are easy to find and argue about...

If there's a consensus on that matter, then the consensus is demonstrably incorrect.

2011 (3) New Orleans (13–3) (5) Atlanta (10–6) Carolina (6–10) Tampa Bay (4–12)
2012 (1) Atlanta (13–3) Carolina (7–9) New Orleans (7–9) Tampa Bay (7–9)
2013 (2) Carolina (12–4) (6) New Orleans (11–5) Atlanta (4–12) Tampa Bay (4–12)
2014 (4) Carolina (7–8–1) New Orleans (7–9) Atlanta (6–10) Tampa Bay (2–14)
2015 (1) Carolina (15–1) Atlanta (8–8) New Orleans (7–9) Tampa Bay (6–10)
2016 (2) Atlanta (11–5) Tampa Bay (9–7) New Orleans (7–9) Carolina (6–10)
2017 (4) New Orleans (11–5) (5) Carolina (11–5) (6) Atlanta (10–6) Tampa Bay (5–11)
2018 (1) New Orleans (13–3) Atlanta (7–9) Carolina (7–9) Tampa Bay (5–11)

 

2011 (2) Baltimore (12–4) (5) Pittsburgh (12–4) (6) Cincinnati (9–7) Cleveland (4–12)
2012 (4) Baltimore (10–6) (6) Cincinnati (10–6) Pittsburgh (8–8) Cleveland (5–11)
2013 (3) Cincinnati (11–5) Pittsburgh (8–8) Baltimore (8–8) Cleveland (4–12)
2014 (3) Pittsburgh (11–5) (5) Cincinnati (10–5–1) (6) Baltimore (10–6) Cleveland (7–9)
2015 (3) Cincinnati (12–4) (6) Pittsburgh (10–6) Baltimore (5–11) Cleveland (3–13)
2016 (3) Pittsburgh (11–5) Baltimore (8–8) Cincinnati (6–9–1) Cleveland (1–15)
2017 (2) Pittsburgh (13–3) Baltimore (9–7) Cincinnati (7–9) Cleveland (0–16)
2018 (4) Baltimore (10-6) Pittsburgh (9–6–1) Cleveland (7–8–1) Cincinnati (6–10)

 

The NFC South's bottom feeder team has been consistently better, but the AFC North's top three have been consistently better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If there's a consensus on that matter, then the consensus is demonstrably incorrect.

2011 (3) New Orleans (13–3) (5) Atlanta (10–6) Carolina (6–10) Tampa Bay (4–12)
2012 (1) Atlanta (13–3) Carolina (7–9) New Orleans (7–9) Tampa Bay (7–9)
2013 (2) Carolina (12–4) (6) New Orleans (11–5) Atlanta (4–12) Tampa Bay (4–12)
2014 (4) Carolina (7–8–1) New Orleans (7–9) Atlanta (6–10) Tampa Bay (2–14)
2015 (1) Carolina (15–1) Atlanta (8–8) New Orleans (7–9) Tampa Bay (6–10)
2016 (2) Atlanta (11–5) Tampa Bay (9–7) New Orleans (7–9) Carolina (6–10)
2017 (4) New Orleans (11–5) (5) Carolina (11–5) (6) Atlanta (10–6) Tampa Bay (5–11)
2018 (1) New Orleans (13–3) Atlanta (7–9) Carolina (7–9) Tampa Bay (5–11)

 

2011 (2) Baltimore (12–4) (5) Pittsburgh (12–4) (6) Cincinnati (9–7) Cleveland (4–12)
2012 (4) Baltimore (10–6) (6) Cincinnati (10–6) Pittsburgh (8–8) Cleveland (5–11)
2013 (3) Cincinnati (11–5) Pittsburgh (8–8) Baltimore (8–8) Cleveland (4–12)
2014 (3) Pittsburgh (11–5) (5) Cincinnati (10–5–1) (6) Baltimore (10–6) Cleveland (7–9)
2015 (3) Cincinnati (12–4) (6) Pittsburgh (10–6) Baltimore (5–11) Cleveland (3–13)
2016 (3) Pittsburgh (11–5) Baltimore (8–8) Cincinnati (6–9–1) Cleveland (1–15)
2017 (2) Pittsburgh (13–3) Baltimore (9–7) Cincinnati (7–9) Cleveland (0–16)
2018 (4) Baltimore (10-6) Pittsburgh (9–6–1) Cleveland (7–8–1) Cincinnati (6–10)

 

The NFC South's bottom feeder team has been consistently better, but the AFC North's top three have been consistently better.

Twice the AFC had 3 teams with winning records while the NFC had 1. Hardly consistently better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

i came GIF

I don't believe the words "I came" were needed in this GIF, we got the idea. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, panthers55 said:

Twice the AFC had 3 teams with winning records while the NFC had 1. Hardly consistently better. 

6 times they had 2 teams with winning records vs. only 3 for the NFCS. Their #3 teams have a combined 60 wins vs. ours a combined 54. Clearly consistently better throughout the top 3.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I don't believe the words "I came" were needed in this GIF, we got the idea. 

you made me see that gif twice, once was enough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't say Rivera > Tomlin.  But I will say Tomlin isn't as good as his record indicates.  I would also suggest that Rivera's record would be much closer to Tomlin if he has been hired at Pitt.  And Tomlin's record would be much closer to Rivera's if he had been hired in Carolina.

Steelers have been an excellent run organization from the top.  That has had a larger impact than anything, imo.  Where Rivera started off with a rookie QB, Tomlin came into a team much more veteran.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

6 times they had 2 teams with winning records vs. only 3 for the NFCS. Their #3 teams have a combined 60 wins vs. ours a combined 54. Clearly consistently better throughout the top 3.

The strength of a division includes all 4 teams so here is how they stack up in number of wins by year.

Year...........AFCN..,............NFCS

2011............37..…..…..…......33

2012.............33...................34

2013.............31...................31

2014....….......38...................22

2015..............30...................36

2016...............26...................33

2017...…..........29...................37

2018................32...….............32

Total. ............  256...…..........268

 

So 2 times the AFC North won more games than the NFC South.  Whereas the south won 4 times and the South has an overall lead of 12 games yet the AFC North was better.

Funny what happens when you don't cherry pick stats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, panthers55 said:

The strength of a division includes all 4 teams so here is how they stack up in number of wins by year.

Year...........AFCN..,............NFCS

2011............37..…..…..…......33

2012.............33...................34

2013.............31...................31

2014....….......38...................22

2015..............30...................36

2016...............26...................33

2017...…..........29...................37

2018................32...….............32

Total. ............  256...…..........268

 

So 2 times the AFC North won more games than the NFC South.  Whereas the south won 4 times and the South has an overall lead of 12 games yet the AFC North was better.

Funny what happens when you don't cherry pick stats.

Like I said, our bottom feeder has been consistently better than their bottom feeder. Their top three has been consistently better. Maybe we should argue about whose third string training camp punter is better next.

Straight up, anyone trying to argue that the NFC South has been consistently better than the AFC North over the past 8 years should just be disregarded along with anyone trying to suggest that Rivera might be better than Tomlin. 

Meanwhile, liquid water is wet.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought this thread was about aquiring McCoy. Wow how things change inside the huddle!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Like I said, our bottom feeder has been consistently better than their bottom feeder. Their top three has been consistently better. Maybe we should argue about whose third string training camp punter is better next.

Straight up, anyone trying to argue that the NFC South has been consistently better than the AFC North over the past 8 years should just be disregarded along with anyone trying to suggest that Rivera might be better than Tomlin. 

Meanwhile, liquid water is wet.

 

Like you cherry picked to make your point.    Like offensive production is judged by total yards even though points matter, divisions are judged by the total wins not number of winning seasons or any other stats you want to make up. 

So the bottom line is our division won more games total and year by year comparisons. You can argue all day and still be wrong. Now back to the Gerald McCoy thread......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...