Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Cary Kollins

But maybe Trump is better than Biden/Harris/Booker/insert Dem not named Bernie

1 minute ago, rodeo said:

warren, begrudgingly yes. the rest, no.

Glad to see that Harris numbers are slowly dwindling.

1 minute ago, Cary Kollins said:

how about Kamala Harris? Elizabeth Warren? Booker? Buttgeig?

You'd vote for them right?

kamala harris would turn the camps into work camps. just based off of her record, of course.

i said in the “leftist” bickering thread that there are other candidates i could be talked into. i will never vote for biden.

• Pie 1

I tweak things on Warren because current info has her and sanders on a collusion course for challenging biden.

I really am interested in these first debates to dig into some of the less knowns and see what they can bring to the table.

Edited by Fryfan

1 minute ago, Fryfan said:

I tweak things on Warren because current info has her and sanders on a collusion course for challenging biden.

I really am interested in these first debates to dig into some of the less knowns and see what they can bring to the table.

if she would embrace M4A i would feel really good about her. it would also skyrocket her popularity even more.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

That is insanely inaccurate. I can't even begin to describe how absurd it is to even remotely believe that.

They all stand to benefit the same people. Corporations and rich people.

• Pie 2

Just now, Bronn said:

They all stand to benefit the same people. Corporations and rich people.

I have a hard time believing the republicans are the lesser of any evils or the same level of evil. 

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

I have a hard time believing the republicans are the lesser of any evils or the same level of evil. 

What about the democrats do you deem evil?

@rodeo has pretty much echoed my sentiments. Not voting for Trump is a given, but I WILL NOT vote for Biden and you can pretty much add in Harris for me, as well. Any other Dem candidate, I could be talked into. I’m for MW, but I’m also pretty much on board with Warren also and would vote for her in the general.

9 minutes ago, Marquis said:

"If Bernie isn't nominated, fug it I'll watch the world burn"

This is white privilege.

Who are you quoting?

• Pie 1

8 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

I'm not convinced this country will elect a Democratic president again until the 2030s or 2040s, if at all.

The party is entirely too fractured and its election strategies are antiquated as hell. Republicans put party over country. Democrats who love Bernie won't vote for Biden, who love Biden won't vote for Harris, who love Booker won't vote for Mayor Pete or whatever else this 1984-esque cycle will crap out.

At some point though it’s the voters fault and the citizenry that is too retarded to stop voting against their own self interest.

Bernie and Warren are clearly the best choices but should Biden win the primary it’s a no brainer to vote for him. 

The people that didn’t vote when Hillary won the primary and the ones that switched from Bernie to Trump are just as bad and carry as much blame as an ignorant Trumper.

Edited by OneBadCat
  • Pie 2

Why has the Overton Window shifted so far to the right in the USA during the last 40 years?

Because the democratic party's leadership has operated w/the belief that voters left of center have no where else to go other than the democratic party.

The democratic party isn't wrong. 

Just look at some of the arguments being offered to vote for the likes of Biden, Harris, Buttigieg or Booker.  Snake oil salesman, one and all, offering lots of platitudes to the people and very little in the way of meaningful change.

This has been the democratic party's "winning formula" since Bill Clinton won the WH in 1992.

After 30 years of third way politics many voters have come to the realization that these sort of corporate dems don't care about them.

Do you realize that the dems have lost over 1000 elected positions across this nation during the last decade ?

That wasn't because of Hillary Clinton, Russia or the Bernie Bros. 

It was because the dems  intentionally abandoned their base (working Americans) in favor of corporations and big money.  Sure they still say all the liberal PC things you'd expect, but the public is catching on, establishment dems won't fight for change, they are quite content with the status quo and pleasing their big money masters.

So with no where else to go, many left of center voters just stay home.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1

Regardless of your position on Biden, it just gets worse by the day for him. It isn't even July yet, and there simply is no more lipstick you can put on that pig no matter how much you might want to.

What complicates this conundrum even more is how now pro Trump buffoons are attempting to normalize discussion of extending presidential term limits. It doesn't end with 2020.

7 hours ago, Bronn said:

What about the democrats do you deem evil?

I was saying the Republicans are far more evil, not less. I couldn't understand how someone could believe they're on an even level with any political party.

The single most important issue facing the American people is getting Trump out of the oval office full stop.

Wealth inequality, healthcare, reproductive rights, gender identity issues, SCOTUS are all secondary and tertiary concerns, we MUST stem the tide that is sweeping our country domesticly and internationally by removing the greatest enemy our nation has ever faced.

fuging campaign for your candidate in the primaries and convince as many folks as you can that your "guy" is the one. Maybe (s)he will make the ballot. But in the end voting for anything but the Democratic nomination in the general election is an act of treason. Playing the petulant child that takes their toys home when they don't get their way is just that, childish.

And honestly if you cant understand why that is, you're no better than the numbskulls that supports our current president.