Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CRA

Mueller TV Time

2 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

Impeach him already!

Call your senator.  Impeachment can be done.  Removal will be blocked

Reading Volume II of the Executive Summary is enough to point out multiple instances of obstruction. This alone is enough to impeach Trump. The Democrats are desperately wanting Mueller to say that he committed a crime but Mueller has said that because he couldn't indict Trump (sitting President), Mueller never went down the path to determine if Trump committed a crime. So therefore he won't say what the Democrats want.

BUT the Democrats can make their own determination of whether or not he committed obstruction by impeaching him. The only thing I'm left with is that the Democrats are cowardly (not sure if that's the right word) in not pursuing impeachment.

2 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

Reading Volume II of the Executive Summary is enough to point out multiple instances of obstruction. This alone is enough to impeach Trump. The Democrats are desperately wanting Mueller to say that he committed a crime but Mueller has said that because he couldn't indict Trump (sitting President), Mueller never went down the path to determine if Trump committed a crime. So therefore he won't say what the Democrats want.

BUT the Democrats can make their own determination of whether or not he committed obstruction by impeaching him. The only thing I'm left with is that the Democrats are cowardly (not sure if that's the right word) in not pursuing impeachment.

Their line of questions during the morning hearing lead to many ‘yes’ answers from mueller regarding crimes of obstruction. 

4 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

They own the house right now.  No reason they cannot pass it.  

1 minute ago, g5jamz said:

Once again they can.  He still stays president as the turtle does not do anything with it.

27 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Congressman Ted Lieu, elicited a three-word bombshell. “The reason, again, that you did not indict Donald Trump is because of the OLC [Office of Legal Counsel] opinion stating that you cannot indict a sitting president, correct?”  

“That is correct,” Mueller said.

This post didn’t age well.  Lmao.

Mueller corrects himself: “I want to add one correction to my testimony this morning: I wanted to go back to one thing that was said this morning by Mr. Lieu — who said, and I quote, ‘You didn’t charge the President b/c of the OLC opinion.’ That is not the correct way “As we say in the report and as I said in the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime.”to say it.”

1 minute ago, g5jamz said:

Fug. You don't know the impeachment process, either?

Congress votes to impeach, the Senate has to convict (2/3) and penalty of conviction is removal from office.

Your senate will never convict, because it will mean the end of the GOP as we know it and GOP senators are so fugging spineless they cannot see beyond their current terms in office. Never mind the fact that if they actually stood up and decided to put country and constitution ahead of party, they'd probably get reelected fairly easily. 

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Fug. You don't know the impeachment process, either?

Congress votes to impeach, the Senate has to convict (2/3) and penalty of conviction is removal from office.

Your senate will never convict, because it will mean the end of the GOP as we know it and GOP senators are so fugging spineless they cannot see beyond their current terms in office. Never mind the fact that if they actually stood up and decided to put country and constitution ahead of party, they'd probably get reelected fairly easily. 

I know how it works.  Still doesn't wash away the impeachment stain.  Just ask Bill Clinton.  Only the second president in history to be impeached.  

1 minute ago, ECUPantherFan said:

Mueller corrects himself: “I want to add one correction to my testimony this morning: I wanted to go back to one thing that was said this morning by Mr. Lieu — who said, and I quote, ‘You didn’t charge the President b/c of the OLC opinion.’ That is not the correct way “As we say in the report and as I said in the opening, we did not reach a determination as to whether the president committed a crime.”to say it.”

Except that it's in the testimony forever. Cannot be stricken or changed.

Just because Barr called Mueller afterwards and told him t correct it doesn't mean, "Oh yeah, what I really meant to say was..."

That works for your 9-year old kid, not in sworn testimony. But please, continue look for any reason to justify your defamation of the Constitution. 

3 minutes ago, ECUPantherFan said:

Mueller answered it truthfully and correctly the first time. 

His "correction" was that he meant to give a non-answer.   

19 minutes ago, Moorgan said:

The only thing I'm left with is that the Democrats are cowardly (not sure if that's the right word) in not pursuing impeachment.

That has nothing to do with it, It’s not about cowardly. Patience is a virtue, hitting him with impeachment just as the primary starts to swing is going to do a ton more than it would now. They will have a ton more evidence of wrong doing from the court system. 

It’s simply about ok let’s do a vote, they have to start proceedings, do their investigation, go through committee, go to the floor. THEN it’s in the senates hands who aren’t going to remove trump unless their hands aren’t completely tied. 

So tell me.

1)Passing an impeachment vote right now then the senate not even bringing it up. It’s going to die, trumps going to use it, as he was innocent. Sound like a good idea?

2) Starting the process in let’s say December right before Christmas, armed with plenty more ammo, hitting that impeachment vote right before the Iowa caucus, then hammer all the republicans in the senate up for election for not evening bringing it up everywhere. Keeping it in the media the entire election cycle.  Not to mention every single house democratic rep can use that in all their campaign rallies and material, insuring a safe reelection. 

Which one sounds better. 

Edit: 2) Starting the process before thanksgiving, having public hearings in December, getting it out of committee right before Christmas break then hammering it back on after the break getting that vote just a week before Iowa. Just thinking about how vastly more intelligent that is.

37 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Congressman Ted Lieu, elicited a three-word bombshell. “The reason, again, that you did not indict Donald Trump is because of the OLC [Office of Legal Counsel] opinion stating that you cannot indict a sitting president, correct?”  

“That is correct,” Mueller said.

Swing and a miss

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Which one sounds better. 

The one where they do their duty. What the Senate does or doesn't do with it is irrelevant. As for timing, they can drag out the impeachment process until whenever they want. First is the inquiry and then the proceedings. They can make it go as fast or as slow as they want. If they want to play politics with it they can. Regardless, they have a duty under the offices they hold and the oaths they took to begin the process. They do not need Mueller to give them permission. That's the part that seems cowardly to me.

Just now, g5jamz said:

I know how it works.  Still doesn't wash away the impeachment stain.  Just ask Bill Clinton.  Only the second president in history to be impeached.  

What "stain?" He finished 2 terms, couldn't run for a third and is still considered one of the greatest presidents in history, according to public opinion polls and continues to be ranked high among presidential scholars and historians.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-top-20-presidents-in-us-history-according-to-historians-2017-2

Just now, Anybodyhome said:

What "stain?" He finished 2 terms, couldn't run for a third and is still considered one of the greatest presidents in history, according to public opinion polls and continues to be ranked high among presidential scholars and historians.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-top-20-presidents-in-us-history-according-to-historians-2017-2

One of only two to be impeached.  That's a stain.