Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

TN05

Bryan Cox Jr. is in trouble

3 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I travel I 85 a lot and maybe 1 in 10 drivers is going 85 or better.  Most are usually between 70 and 80.  Keep it around 75 and you won't get you pulled.  Go by a cop at 90 and that will get you pulled virtually every time.  

So Im taking it that you've never heard the expression.  The internet has turned everyone into literalists.  

His speed was egregious and absolutely against the law, but you just admitted that at least 10% of the vehicles you pass on your commute travel 85 or higher and most (>50%) travel above the speed limit.

That is why I dont get the faux outrage at this non story.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Not really something that bothers me.  He wouldn't do it if he couldn't beat it.

That does bother me. That's a really dumb thing to risk for extremely little reward. PED's, I get that. Cheating to get ahead and get more money. Weed? poo stays in your system for a long ass time and it has little to no performance enhancing value(INB4 someone starts on a rant about all the benefits of weed). 

It's stupid for weed to be illegal and it's even more stupid for the NFL to drug test for it but that is no excuse for jeopardizing your career over it. That's just plain retarded.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That does bother me. That's a really dumb thing to risk for extremely little reward. PED's, I get that. Cheating to get ahead and get more money. Weed? poo stays in your system for a long ass time and it has little to no performance enhancing value(INB4 someone starts on a rant about all the benefits of weed). 

It's stupid for weed to be illegal and it's even more stupid for the NFL to drug test for it but that is no excuse for jeopardizing your career over it. That's just plain retarded.

I get all that.  I really do.  Even agree with most of it.  Its just I think the perspective is off.  For the younger generations weed is as cultural as beer was to the prior gens.  Thats just my opinion but its not a thoughtless decision he's making.

Just now, L-TownCat said:

I get all that.  I really do.  Even agree with most of it.  Its just I think the perspective is off.  For the younger generations weed is as cultural as beer was to the prior gens.  Thats just my opinion but its not a thoughtless decision he's making.

Yeah and I hang out with a lot of that crowd in the craft beer scene but I am sometimes amazed at how little thought they put into the actual consequences. I can't fug with it because of my job(I probably get tested more than the average NFL player) and I really wouldn't just because the benefit is not worth the risk. Now, if it drops off the Schedule I drugs list? Absolutely!

For Cox Jr., why would you risk a borderline NFL career for some weed??

37 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Vernon Butler is thrilled, he's now a lock for the 53 

Uh, not sure they play the same position. 

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah and I hang out with a lot of that crowd in the craft beer scene but I am sometimes amazed at how little thought they put into the actual consequences. I can't fug with it because of my job(I probably get tested more than the average NFL player) and I really wouldn't just because the benefit is not worth the risk. Now, if it drops off the Schedule I drugs list? Absolutely!

For Cox Jr., why would you risk a borderline NFL career for some weed??

Its a valid question.  Again, these guys won't put certain foods in their bodies but a large, large number of players use cannabis.  I dont think its all about getting blazed and playing video games.

2 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

Its a valid question.  Again, these guys won't put certain foods in their bodies but a large, large number of players use cannabis.  I dont think its all about getting blazed and playing video games.

Who knows? I know that if he ends up getting cut, it's going to be hard not to think this was a factor. People may give NFL stars and starters a second chance but fringe players don't usually get that.

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Who knows? I know that if he ends up getting cut, it's going to be hard not to think this was a factor. People may give NFL stars and starters a second chance but fringe players don't usually get that.

facts.

5 minutes ago, L-TownCat said:

That’s fine on a message board but a young guy with millions of reasons not to do something stupid did something stupid.  My kids do stupid shiit all the time.    I try to make sure that they understand the domino effect.  As an adult he should understand.  

That said it’s  a blemish.  I think it’s not a big deal and ultimately wont matter but people hypocritically judge.   

I think our current ownership is much more understanding than the former.