Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mc52beast

Brown files new grievance over helmet issue

Recommended Posts

39 minutes ago, Snake said:

There is no federal or state law that says the NFL have to update their helmets or his helmet isn't safe. And I'm sure AB isn't trafficking cocaine in his type of helmets. Dear god some of you people are retarded. Next I guess people are going to bring up seatbelt laws and automatic weapons bans to provide a reasonable response. 

Read OSHA law.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


What a distraction this guy is for his squad.  At least there's a chance he might play well enough to justify dealing with all the hassle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Snake said:

There is no federal or state law that says the NFL have to update their helmets or his helmet isn't safe. And I'm sure AB isn't trafficking cocaine in his type of helmets. Dear god some of you people are retarded. Next I guess people are going to bring up seat-belt laws and automatic weapons bans to provide a reasonable response. 

OSHA has the last word in anything that deals with safety on anything and if it does not meet within their safety standards required it cannot be used at all. AB cannot wear what he feels like either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Then he shouldn’t play. End of story. 

I don’t disagree lol. I can’t stand the dude. I’m just saying that’s what he’s doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

or, this is the most popular hard knocks in years and the raiders are getting all the free pub in the world, and he got out of training camp.   this has been a win/win/win for everyone involved and given the behavior police plenty of things to squawk about before the regular season starts.   its hilarious how many people take the bait and get their panties all wadded up - and the conversation is completely off cte.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Read OSHA law.

OSHA does not regulate sports dumbass. Also AB helmet passed OSHA standards at the factory level. Nice try but you lose. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, rbsponsel52 said:

OSHA has the last word in anything that deals with safety on anything and if it does not meet within their safety standards required it cannot be used at all. AB cannot wear what he feels like either.

OSHA doesn't regulate the NFL or any sports dumbass. ABs helmet also passed OSHA standards at the factory level. Saying his helmet is less safe than a hard hat is a dumbass statement anyway. 2000 football helmets are at a higher standard than a hard hat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snake said:

OSHA does not regulate sports dumbass. Also AB helmet passed OSHA standards at the factory level. Nice try but you lose. 

 

2 hours ago, Snake said:

OSHA doesn't regulate the NFL or any sports dumbass. ABs helmet also passed OSHA standards at the factory level. Saying his helmet is less safe than a hard hat is a dumbass statement anyway. 2000 football helmets are at a higher standard than a hard hat. 

https://www.osha.gov/pls/imis/sic_manual.display?id=181&tab=description

You don’t understand any of this clearly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Snake said:

OSHA doesn't regulate the NFL or any sports dumbass. ABs helmet also passed OSHA standards at the factory level. Saying his helmet is less safe than a hard hat is a dumbass statement anyway. 2000 football helmets are at a higher standard than a hard hat. 

It has nothing to do with regulation. It is entirely up to the law as written in the United States. OSHA still applies to the NFL, because the NFL is a workplace and an employer. This is simple stuff dude. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Snake said:

OSHA doesn't regulate the NFL or any sports dumbass. ABs helmet also passed OSHA standards at the factory level. Saying his helmet is less safe than a hard hat is a dumbass statement anyway. 2000 football helmets are at a higher standard than a hard hat. 

Sorry Snake...but you have been wrong throughout this thread.  Harbinger is correct in his comments.  And OSHA absolutely does habevautgority over safety in the nfl just like all other companies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, MadHatter said:

Sorry Snake...but you have been wrong throughout this thread.  Harbinger is correct in his comments.  And OSHA absolutely does habevautgority over safety in the nfl just like all other companies.

Wrong,

Questions: First, does OSHA have jurisdiction to regulate the safety of professional baseball players as well as spectators at major league games?

Second, if OSHA has jurisdiction, in light of a recent surge in shattering bats that send wood fragments out in an explosive manner, can the Agency press professional baseball to change back to sturdier wooden bats or to metal bats?

Answer: The answer to the first question, whether OSHA has authority to protect baseball players, umpires and others at work at their place of employment depends on whether these individuals meet the definition of "employee" under the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSH Act). OSHA has no specific [applicable] standards that address protection for professional athletes playing in games. 

 

That's from the official OSHA site for all you "know it all's".

Thanks for playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harbingers said:

It has nothing to do with regulation. It is entirely up to the law as written in the United States. OSHA still applies to the NFL, because the NFL is a workplace and an employer. This is simple stuff dude. 

Wrong players are not seen as employees. 

Like I said thanks for playing but your wrong and dont know your laws. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      20,560
    • Most Online
      3,693

    Newest Member
    eyyeqeif
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      149,257
    • Total Posts
      4,977,359
  • Posts

    • he was talking about playing devil's advocate like the conversation desperately needs to include white supremacist talking points. it's just a strategy to dump that poo in this topic without getting banned lol
    • These councils and committees are nothing but attempts to make the people quiet down just long enough for the entire discussion to just go away. This and the symbolic gestures like the BLM paintings on the streets, flag removals, taking down monuments, etc.  Not having to see that flag or those monuments is cool, but where is the policy?
    • just to add to this since Asheville was brought up this community took a major step back black community-wise in the past week.  anybody that knows anything about this towns history knows that Eagle Street and that whole 'neighborhood' of downtown was the mostly black owned part of town.  the city has been taking a dump on that area for decades, focusing on other areas over it, but the YMI cultural center and the block off biltmore were huge leaders in preserving the history unfortunately, due to covid, the block closed this past week and i'm scared of what will move in there.  the foundry is a beautiful boutique hotel that popped up in the area, and benne is one of the best restaurants in the country with a young, african american rising star in the culinary world, but the apartments down the road show signs that money is now willing to infiltrate and finish the erasing of the past of that part of town it's a major bummer
  • Masters of PIE !

×
×
  • Create New...