Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Prime

The epic collapse of Russell Wilson

2 hours ago, Zaximus said:

He literally is willing that team to win right now without anybody and there is very few QBs in the league that can do that.     

Exactly 6 according to The Athletic.

You do know Wilson played at NC-St right? He is well liked up here around my way  He was good then and is still good now.

9 hours ago, SBiii said:

I hear ya.

In the last 12 months or so Wilson, Wentz, Ryan & Rodgers have all signed deals (all 4 yrs, except Ryan who was 5yrs) that guarantee them between $99 million and $108 million depending on the deal. 

Annual salaries vary between $30 million (Ryan) and $35 million (Wilson).

If Cam demanded $110 million guaranteed and $36 million annually how do you think that would play out?

Depends on how this year and next go. If he brings a SB to Charlotte they will pay up. If he doesn't make the playoffs this year he might not last to the end of his contract. It is crazy paying a QB  1/5 of your total cap unless he can get you deep in the playoffs. Guys like Mahomes  and Goff make GM question huge investments on mediocre to good QBs who aren't much better than going with  a rookie and developing him.

Wilson is an elite QB and not sure why folks are hating on him here. 

10 minutes ago, NCBlu said:

You do know Wilson played at NC-St right? He is well liked up here around my way  He was good then and is still good now.

I support all of our former players in the league except for him.  Between the holy water that prevents concussions, the "Good Guy" brand of clothing that donates a whopping 1% of its profits to charity but sells for $300 a shirt, the fake instagram hospital visits, the NDA's he makes his teammates sign, I've had enough of him.  Not to mention this whole fiasco

https://www.backingthepack.com/nc-state-baseball/2016/5/15/11677390/russell-wilson-wisconsin-commencement-address-tom-obrien-nc-state

2 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It is a great question.  Cam has tons of endorsements and hopefully he as invested well.  I would hope he would take a modest increase.  

If they choose to go to extreme I think, as most do, we'll end up with a Cam and a bunch of mediocre players.

Good stuff.

I must say I'm encouraged (and a bit surprised) by this sort of reaction....figured the overwhelming sentiment wud be pay him the max he's earned it never been one like him blah blah blah.

Personally were it my money I would want to see him participate 100% in training camp NEXT year, AND get more than half way thru the 2020 season before I'd settle on a new deal.  He prob wouldn't like it but that's too bad.  Even if we never agree on a new deal he's locked up for the next 5 seasons when the tag is considered.

Will be interesting to watch it play out.

2 hours ago, bull123 said:

What is Wilson’s playoff and super bowl record?

and what is his record against us?

Russ = 8 wins, 5 losses in playoffs.  1-1 in Super Bowl games.

Cam = 3 wins, 4 losses in playoffs.  0-1 in Super Bowl games.

Russ = 6 wins, 2 losses vs. Cam.  5 of the 8 games were played in Charlotte.

Edited by SBiii

13 hours ago, Prime said:

Is anyone else ready to see this? Maybe it's just me but I'm soooo tired of the hype. It's insane how overrated he is. Dude comes into the league as a game manager, not even a dak Prescott, get a carried for a few years by one of the best defenses the modern era has ever seen. Very Eli manning esque in that sense. Gets to 2 super bowls blah blah. 

Now his team is depleted completely minus Russ himself and Bobby. They're going to be eaten alive. Now to clarify, I do think he's solid. He's smart and doesn't throw picks. And he has semi graduated from game manager to above average qb. Last year is when this collapse should have happened but I think they got by with fluke. It's finally time they get tossed around a little bit and I can't wait to see it. 

Also, I don't care about popular belief, Cam is better then Russ. Sorry. 

This whole thread is stupid. But this comment is simply asinine. Cam is not a better QB than russ except for maybe running the ball. Thats it. By any other PRODUCTION measurement he is not even is the same class. 

• Poo 2

The guy wins games, has the championship jewelry, is hooked up to a hot gal, has a giant contract and money in the bank, plus seems to be a decent guy in public and private. Honestly, hating on the guy just sounds like petty jealousy. 

Now to say I like our QB better, that's just fine and I hope you're in agreement. Wilson, however, hasn't really done much to generate hate, though.

10 hours ago, cookinbrak said:

Until he wins a SB, he has no bargaining power.

None of the three highest paid qb's in the NFL have even been to a Superbowl.  

If Cam has a good year this year, he has a lot of bargaining power.  Even if he has a decent year, he will still have a good amount of bargaining power.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II

3 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

It is a great question.  Cam has tons of endorsements and hopefully he as invested well.  I would hope he would take a modest increase.  

If they choose to go to extreme I think, as most do, we'll end up with a Cam and a bunch of mediocre players.

This speaks a lot of sense. I love to watch Cam play and he's our guy, but I'd hate to see a holdout for more money situation that puts the franchise and its future at risk, whether we retain him or not.

Should Cam be among the better paid QBs in the NFL? Most certainly and without a doubt.

Should he set the new record for highest paid QB in the NFL? Ummmm, let's talk about it after this season, k?

7 minutes ago, Khyber53 said:

The guy wins games, has the championship jewelry, is hooked up to a hot gal, has a giant contract and money in the bank, plus seems to be a decent guy in public and private. Honestly, hating on the guy just sounds like petty jealousy. 

Now to say I like our QB better, that's just fine and I hope you're in agreement. Wilson, however, hasn't really done much to generate hate, though.

RW is a really good quarterback. But his off the field stuff he does and says is fuging weird. I knew some people that knew him when he briefly played with the Asheville tourists who said he was a good guy from their interactions with him. But there is no denying some of the stuff he’s done and said comes across extremely hokey and holier than thou. Inauthentic. So I get why some people don’t like him. I’m indifferent. I can’t stand him when we play him because it seems like once or twice a game he pulls something out of his ass to beat us. 

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

None of the three highest paid qb's in the NFL have even been to a Superbowl. 

1 Russell Wilson

Russell Wilson

Quarterback
$35,000,000
2 Ben Roethlisberger

Ben Roethlisberger

Quarterback
$34,000,000
3 Aaron Rodgers

Aaron Rodgers

Quarterback
$33,500,000