Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    TheNewRegimeisHERE

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I'm pretty sure Fox still had a press conference or at least spoke with reporters after the season ended and it was confirmed he wasn't going to return... Fox was somewhat defiant also, and made a point to say his contract ended, not that he had been fired.  It wasn't the drawn-out, good vibes farewell Rivera got, but I don't Fox would have wanted that anyways. In essence, he wanted to move on as much as the Panthers did.  And beyond the absolute dysfunction that was the 2010 season in Carolina, it was a weird time for the entire NFL with the lockout looming.  It came out after the fact that the team had allowed Fox to explore other options after the 2009 season, and him returning after nothing materialized.  Having Fox return in 2010 was a bad, bad idea from start to finish.  Still, Fox mostly took the high road like Rivera IIRC.  He knew he had other head coaching jobs available.   I saw Ron Rivera this weekend in Pineville near the Chipotle. I spoke and told him we love him. he seemed happy and so unbothered by the Panthers. I'm sure.  He's not going to have an additional 4 losses on his resume, and he's going to be getting paid from 2 different teams next year.  I can't imagine too many scenarios where I would be down going into a new year where I would get a new job (and the accompanying Honeymoon period) all the while collecting over $10M next year (salary from Panthers on final year of his contract plus new team... hell it may be over $15M).   Anyway, I imagine it's a strange situation to be in for any coach.  Your sole focus is on your team, and then one day it's not.  I'm sure the best thing is to try to mentally disconnect as much as possible as soon as possible to focus on getting your new coaching job.
    • the title is Cam is Irreplaceable. so the answer is not to replace him.
    • The funny thing is that they this we are "trolling" them. I am just being honest with them and telling them what is going to happen.  Im sure most of them will follow cam to his new team.
  • Masters of PIE !