Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

stankowalski

Lower class whites...is there an acronym for that yet?

Why are these people left behind?  Is it convenient?   Is it a quid pro quo?  Why no outcry for these people?  When is that eruption coming I wonder?

That eruption happened in 2016, when they voted for Trump. These folks aren't forgotten, they're the target demo for the past five years at least. Or maybe they're just being manipulated by the right into thinking the left is the source of their ills when in reality Republicans are robbing them blind and blaming it in brown people and the LGBT community (bc evangelicals are squeamish and insecure about sexuality). I for one have had my fill of "perspective of working class white guy in a diner setting to get the real american (euphemism for white folks) point of view). Yeah, i just used parenthesis inside parenthesis to make my point. Working class whites got conned and I doubt they'll own up to it five years from now, post Trump fugup recession. 

• Pie 1

Yeah they got a man elected President and a flurry of thinkpieces in "liberal" newspapers and magazines about the "forgotten America" and how we shouldn't criticize them because That's How Trump Won; that's the "eruption".  This is just another stupid transparently bad faith "hurrr there are poor downtrodden white people too so why are we talking about krappordick" thread, so piss off with your Oppression Olympics bullshit.  This isn't a zero sum game where there's a finite amount of concern in the world and allocating some to black people necessarily takes it away from poor whites.

The poorest parts of the country have been dominated by conservative white identity politics for decades, so spare us.  The capitalist death machine has made billions of dollars off keeping them sick, poor, and addicted to painkillers.  There are places in WV and KY that have 100 pills per person floating around.  What the fug has Mitch McConnell or Rand Paul or Joe Manchin for that matter done for them other than slash tax revenue, try to kick them off their health insurance (if they're lucky enough to have it), and deregulate the companies that are killing them?

This is a demographic for which the policy proposals and rhetoric of one Bernard Sanders plays well by the way.  Anyway, sorry about your thread.  Hope you learned something.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 6

I mean what's worse OP: some smug hipster calling everyone who doesn't live in a major city in a coastal state a backwards hick on the internet or the way the GOP has cynically leveraged their pain, religious faith, and suffering into political power and wealth while actively killing them.

e: Oh yeah, and getting them to blame literally everyone (including other poor people) but their elected representatives for their problems.

Edited by The NFL Shield At Midfield
  • Pie 6

4 hours ago, stankowalski said:

Why are these people left behind?  Is it convenient?   Is it a quid pro quo?  Why no outcry for these people?  When is that eruption coming I wonder?

What do you think?

I don't give a poo about poor white people. Imagine being dealt a straight flush in life and still fuging up your hand. fuging losers lmfao

• Pie 2
  • Poo 5

53 minutes ago, SmootsDaddy89 said:

I don't give a poo about poor white people. Imagine being dealt a straight flush in life and still fuging up your hand. fuging losers lmfao

So you don’t give a poo about many veterans?  They are fuging losers per statement above?

Edited by ARSEN

55 minutes ago, ARSEN said:

So you don’t give a poo about many veterans?  They are fuging losers per statement above?

Few give a poo about homeless vets. Not to mention that homeless vets have advantages that surpass homeless kids. 

The problem is that politics doesn't want them to know it.

in all seriousness the people described in OP are essentially what all of bernie's platform is built to help.

not white people specifically as bernie isn't a white supremacist like op seems to be with all these threads, but the class he's talking about are who stand to be uplifted by his policies.

Edited by rodeo
  • Pie 2

9 minutes ago, rodeo said:

in all seriousness the people described in OP are essentially what all of bernie's platform is built to help.

not white people specifically as bernie isn't a white supremacist like op seems to be with all these threads, but the class he's talking about are who stand to be uplifted by his policies.

this.

there are people of all races who have found themselves trapped for generations in a cycle of poverty. I've been in situations where i've had to help many kids that have been trapped...and i mean trapped by their circumstances and it isn't stuff you can just "pull yourselves up by your bootstraps". it's all they have known and it's all their families have known for generations. they try to break out and they keep getting sucked back in. they need help. and when they do try and work to break the cycle the system works against them. 

I spent my life growing up believing that if you work hard enough you can reach your dreams. you can win.  the sad fact that I've realized is that many people come to the game handicapped and no matter how hard you fight, the game is rigged and even if you do manage to "win" it's too easy to lose it all. the American dream of success is an illusion, but the dream of living in a land where people can live without having to do without basic needs in life can be a reality and that is what many of this countries founding fathers believed, that basic services such as education, healthcare, transportation, and national defense. 

why healthcare seems to be such an issue when so many others are easily embraced is beyond me except that people have found out how to get and stay rich from it and the only thing that does is hurt society. 

yes, we will have to pay more taxes, but show me how it will be more than what we are already paying in healthcare/insurance already.

many of the programs that Bernie talks about will address the things that hold people back. wanting to help those in need is not being a social justice warrior. it's called being compassionate and it appeals to the best part of us. what we see in trump and his ilk only brings out the worst. without trump and the white nationalists who try and push our this countries ideologies on everyone and suppress those who don't tow the line brings out the worst. 

without nationalism. without white nationalism especially, most of our problems in our divided point in history wouldn't exist.

• Pie 4

21st Century Economic Bill of Rights establishes that all Americans are entitled to:

1. The right to a job that pays a living wage
2. The right to quality health care
3. The right to a complete education
4. The right to affordable housing
4. The right to a clean environment
5. The right to a secure retirement

10 hours ago, rodeo said:

I have had this statement misconstrued enough that it’s a reason to not vote Bernie but it’s honestly a criticism of where I think he should grow that this statement IMO is a flaw in his policy. 

The OP had significant advantages no matter what class he is in over minorities. This includes basic economic issues on generational wealth, income disparity, access to credit and hiring biases. There are also considerations of judicial and enforcement system bias. There is known bias throughout our education system from discipline to testing. 

Bernies treatment that strong movements to leveling playing fields class (health insurance, education, taxation, etc) based will also solve major racial gaps is IMO off the mark.  This once again is me not saying these things aren’t vitally important.   With a era where broader progressive ideas are getting more in the mainstream thanks a lot to Bernie but including people like AOC and Williamson growing on his ideals we are now in an environment where Bernie can grow a little on this.