Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

bigjohn

NC still no budget

Recommended Posts



Wow, the house overrode Cooper's veto.

https://www.wral.com/house-overrides-cooper-s-budget-veto/18626626/

 

Quote

 

In a surprise vote, the House overrode Gov. Roy Cooper’s veto of the state budget in an early morning session Wednesday.

The veto has to be overridden by the Senate for the budget to go into effect.

Senate Republicans also don’t have a veto-proof majority, but leaders said they’re confident they have the votes.

 

Surprise!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

shocking, republicans held a vote with only half the members there, democrats saying they were told a vote wouldn't take place

GOP acting like scum again? weird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

shocking, republicans held a vote with only half the members there, democrats saying they were told a vote wouldn't take place

GOP acting like scum again? weird

It's posted.  The House calendar was posted yesterday.  Democrats need to read and/or show up to work.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

It's posted.  The House calendar was posted yesterday.  Democrats need to read and/or show up to work.  

 

I'm sure that's it and it's not yet another desperate power grab from the party of old racist white men on the brink of dying out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cary Kollins said:

 

I'm sure that's it and it's not yet another desperate power grab from the party of old racist white men on the brink of dying out.

Is that the excuse Easley and democrats used to get a tax on the poor passed (lottery)?  In that scenario, POS democrats waited until a dude went on his honeymoon.  

Here, let me remind you of it.

https://www.wral.com/news/local/story/119625/

One was sick and the other was on their honeymoon AND Perdue suspended the rules to allow the vote to occur.  Don't give me the poor me democrat crap.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

Is that the excuse Easley and democrats used to get a tax on the poor passed (lottery)?  In that scenario, POS democrats waited until a dude went on his honeymoon.  

Here, let me remind you of it.

https://www.wral.com/news/local/story/119625/

One was sick and the other was on their honeymoon AND Perdue suspended the rules to allow the vote to occur.  Don't give me the poor me democrat crap.  

 

lol like you give a poo about a "tax on the poor"

Those poor pearl clutching GOPers who don't want gambling but laugh their way to tax cuts as poor people die because they don't have access to healthcare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not a tax on the poor?

Nothing to do with gambling.  I'm all for a casino here or there.  I'm against the lottery in every convenience store and watching from the gas pump these poor idiots throwing money away every pay day.  Keep building strawmen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

It's not a tax on the poor?

Nothing to do with gambling.  I'm all for a casino here or there.  I'm against the lottery in every convenience store and watching from the gas pump these poor idiots throwing money away every pay day.  Keep building strawmen.  

So are you saying that the government should put laws in place to help manage the choices of it's citizenry?  Or that people should be denied their freedom to do whatever they want to with their money?

Remember that NC was losing money to the SC lottery (as possibly VA?), and wanted to get in on the action.  I'd think taxes on things like personal care items or hair care would be more of a tax on the poor rather than a freedom to throw your money away in the lottery.

My bigger issue is how lottery funds are used, which is not well.

As far as the tricky Pubs, it shows again they haven't learned from history.  Instead of being "better" than the democrats who passed the lottery, they instead intentionally mislead the opposition party to override a veto.  It continues to show they lack the moral authority they think they are entitled to.  They continue to represent their financial interests instead of their electorate.  A state budget should have been passed.  Cooper was elected because the people didn't want MORE rubber stamping. 

Adults should come together and work for a common solution.  All are guilty here, but today it's the Pubs who look like the grasping party of the out of touch.

  • Pie 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like it, but at least the budget passed one house.  There are no negotiations going on.  On purpose by Cooper.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, g5jamz said:

I don't like it, but at least the budget passed one house.  There are no negotiations going on.  On purpose by Cooper.  

fug you and your party you *****

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g5jamz said:

It's not a tax on the poor?

Nothing to do with gambling.  I'm all for a casino here or there.  I'm against the lottery in every convenience store and watching from the gas pump these poor idiots throwing money away every pay day.  Keep building strawmen.  

It's their money. You don't give twoshits about the poor. If you did you'd care more about why people with so little make desperate attempts to pull themselves out of poverty by wasting money on lottery tickets, because working two and three jobs doesn't allow them to keep their heads above water. 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PanthersBigD said:

It's their money. You don't give twoshits about the poor. If you did you'd care more about why people with so little make desperate attempts to pull themselves out of poverty by wasting money on lottery tickets, because working two and three jobs doesn't allow them to keep their heads above water. 

He voted for a guy who was good at bankrupting businesses.  Apparently he has no problem with people "throwing away" money as long as they are white rich males. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...