Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

PhillyB

Pause here to consider the possibility the panthers are better than you think

Jameis played well, you have to give him credit for that. Actually having a run game helped substantially for him. Although the Bucs don't have the greatest OL, Winston's LT wasn't basically playing on roller skates for 4 quarters. Cam obviously had his struggles with accuracy, but situationally the Bucs did Jameis more than enough favors to put them in a position to win the game.

26 minutes ago, AceBoogie said:

I hope you’re right Philly. Like I said Cam threw what was probably the game winning touchdown to Samuel, but fell short because the offensive line got dominated. 

Not dominated, they blitzed more than we protected, Barrett had a free run at Cam. 

A lot of people seem to forget when 6 or 7 come from the defense that's not on the OL. TB's pressure gave us fits, when then went to a four man rush overall we handled it well.

Denial and coping, though I will say the Defense is looking like an above average unit, we're not that destitute.  But the offense behind center is as bad as all the board histrionics indicate. 

Edited by MVPccaffrey

Just now, TheRed said:

Jameis played well, you have to give him credit for that. Actually having a run game helped substantially for him. Although the Bucs don't have the greatest OL, Winston's LT wasn't basically playing on roller skates for 4 quarters. Cam obviously had his struggles with accuracy, but situationally the Bucs did Jameis more than enough favors to put them in a position to win the game.

Our O line isn't good.

That said, they are going to look worse and worse to us until we can prove to be able to beat the blitz, and push the ball downfield. 

If we are having trouble completing the quick hitters (and we are, it's obvious), and if not a single team in the NFL is scared of our deep ball, all they have to do is stack the box, shut down the run, and force Cam outside his comfort zone.

It's working.

If you were a DC for the Panthers upcoming games, how would you handle it?

I would blitz people over and over to make sure CMC had to pick up a blocker.  Takes away the Panthers main weapon and since coaches won't allow Cam to run, puts all the pressure on his arm and accuracy.

After the Rams game, the Bucs did just that while spying CMC all night.

40 minutes ago, thebigcat said:

We lost at home on a short week to one of the worst teams in the league who was BEGGING us to take the game.

There's no twerking that

Twerk something

47 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

I'm more depressed about the Panthers than I've been since 2010, and last night was the first time in his career I've actually questioned Cam, who I realized I have an emotional attachment to, so this isn't a slathering positivity thread like the sort that invariably pops up after existentially bruising losses. However, consider the following:

• Cam is rusty. He threw a lot of dimes between the numbers, especially on those crossing routes he's struggled with in the past, and on the misses deep there were a lot of miscues in addition to overthrows. That tells me timing is off, and that's rust.

• The offensive line is terrible. I was at the game last night and found myself specifically watching the pocket every snap. On virtually every incompletion Cam had a defender barreling straight at him. At least one wide-open touchdown was stymied by a free rusher. No one in the league could get a rhythm behind that line - it's '07 Raiders level of historically awful.

• The defense is elite. No dropoff from Thomas Davis and that DL is a bunch of animals.

So unless you're hoping to lose out and dump Ron and Norv - which I would count as a long-term victory, as he's clearly worn out his welcome - the season could easily be turned around. A few line adjustments (posters have suggested switching Moton and Williams) giving Cam time to settle into a rhythm could produce offensive competency, Cam's returned confidence, and a couple of schedule-evening wins against weaker teams.

It happened in 2013 - if it happens in 2019 that's exactly how.

Is it a good sign that a 9-year veteran playing with the same receivers he had last year that was present for all of training camp and practices throughout the week and had a full game under his belt from Sunday is this "rusty"?

1 minute ago, Sam Mills Fan said:

Is it a good sign that a 9-year veteran playing with the same receivers he had last year that was present for all of training camp and practices throughout the week and had a full game under his belt from Sunday is this "rusty"?

no?

21 minutes ago, PhillyB said:

And no matter how poorly that goes I've got ten days in Europe to enjoy.

Hopefully most of the fans heading to London are going for more than just the game.  

There were just way too many throws Cam missed with a clean pocket on routes that weren’t heavily dependant on timing for me to look past it.

Cam also isn’t reading the field well and it’s year 9. I can’t remember what quarter exactly (mayyyybe 3rd) he tried forcing a 3rd down ball to DJ who had a corner draped all over him. Samuel was standing right there behind him wide open. Samuel was so open that they had him run to the exact same spot on the very first play when the Panthers got the ball back to pick up an easy 10. 

Like you, I’ve had an emotional attachment to Cam the last 8 years but after spending way to long in airports Friday and Monday last week and nearly melting in that stadium Sunday only to see him miss guys I could hit, I’ve seen enough. It only got worse yesterday when I didn’t even think that was possible.

This team isn’t BAD. If Greg Little can just be decent at LT on paper a lot of the pieces are there. But this entire thing doesn’t work if our QB can’t make easy throws. I think we’ll be fine if we can land Tua, Fromm, Herbert or even Burrows in the draft. Don’t need a Superman like QB anymore with the pieces we have just someone to make the correct read and hit the open man. 

But I get it from a you’re going to London perspective 

• Pie 3

The fickle fans throwing Cam in the trash lack the resolve and testicular fortitude to endure losing. They'll disappear eventually through the rebuild. No point even quoting them.

• Beer 1

46 minutes ago, Icege said:

Joey "Thigh High" Slye will kick us to victory

I was gonna say, "remember the days when our biggest concern was Gano was going to blow a crucial kick for us?" What sweet, simple days those were.

Okay, which one of you idiots wished on the monkey paw that Graham Gano wouldn't lose us any games this year? You gotta be REALLY specific when you're wishing on a monkey paw or dealing with a genie! Frankly I'm disappointed you don't know better, whoever you are!

• Pie 1

Can did have sufficient time behind that line to complete a pass at times but just held onto the ball.  You could tell that he really wanted to run with the ball but knew he was not supposed to

On paper this team should be top 10.  Paper doesn’t show our QB is playing really bad and our amazingly conservative coaching is old and way too predictable.

• Pie 1