Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

beastson

I Don't Recognize This Cam Newton

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Nesbro1 said:

It's more than close. Jake was a better leader and more clutch.

When we absolutely had to have a play he always found a way. Not everyone had that gift. Take driving the length of the field with about 230 left on the clock in the Superbowl for example.

Cam is the 2nd best in my opinion based on intangibles. 

But you are entitled to feel differently. 

giphy_(6).gif.750d3295432b53a5fded49f380d509ed.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


21 minutes ago, Nesbro1 said:

It's more than close. Jake was a better leader and more clutch.

When we absolutely had to have a play he always found a way. Not everyone had that gift. Take driving the length of the field with about 230 left on the clock in the Superbowl for example.

Cam is the 2nd best in my opinion based on intangibles. 

But you are entitled to feel differently. 

Kerry Collins and Jay Cutler jave more game winning drives than both of them. Whye were they behind in the first place? Hmmmmm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You're soft in the head. I guarantee you that.

You have nothing to say about that post you quoted while evidently attributing the posts of others to me. I'd say you're as dumb as a brick but that would be insulting to decent bricks.

You seem upset.

The point of linking the article discussing Big Ben and others was to illustrate how virtually all NFL players are playing hurt every week.

Later in the article the author (a former NFL player) said he took an injection of Vitamin-T (toradol) before every game for the last 3 years of his career.

Bottom line, NFL players on every team are playing hurt every week --- just like Cam.

You act like there's some lack of institutional control with the Panthers that's different than other teams and it's just not the case.

Stop with the incessant whing, Cam's a big boy and nobody is making him do anything he doesn't want to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Nesbro1 said:

It's more than close. Jake was a better leader and more clutch.

When we absolutely had to have a play he always found a way. Not everyone had that gift. Take driving the length of the field with about 230 left on the clock in the Superbowl for example.

Cam is the 2nd best in my opinion based on intangibles. 

But you are entitled to feel differently. 

Jake produced 3 winning seasons and was 5-3 in the playoffs. (6 seasons)

Cam has produced 3 winning seasons and is 3-4 in the playoffs. (8 seasons)

FYI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SBiii said:

You seem upset.

The point of linking the article discussing Big Ben and others was to illustrate how virtually all NFL players are playing hurt every week.

Later in the article the author (a former NFL player) said he took an injection of Vitamin-T (toradol) before every game for the last 3 years of his career.

Bottom line, NFL players on every team are playing hurt every week --- just like Cam.

You act like there's some lack of institutional control with the Panthers that's different than other teams and it's just not the case.

Stop with the incessant whing, Cam's a big boy and nobody is making him do anything he doesn't want to do.

As previously stated, literally every football fan understands that virtually no one is 100% healthy during the season. What point are you even trying to make? Are you actually even responding to anything I've written?

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My understanding is Cam doesn't eat red meat, but does eat fish, fowl, eggs etc. Plenty of top quality protein there. Only animal food (flesh) and/or food that came from animals (eggs, milk) have all essential amino acids to synthesize protein in the body for growth and repair. A pure plant eater must mix and match items to get the essential amino acids.

Soy is bad news for males. It is highly estrogenic in its molecule composition. Despite is protein content, It is catabolic to male hormones in the body which is a negative for muscle hypertrophy.

While maximize lean muscle mass is healthy for the body within reason, going too low in body fat that might be desirable for a bodybuilder is a negative in contact sports because of the danger it presents to the integrity of the internal organs. The visceral body fat within organ cavities of the body help protect and pad them in contact sports so getting too cut up or buff while may increase speed can end up having diminished returns in contact sports. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mustard On The Side said:

Humans are not supposed to be vegan we are ominvores.  I'm not saying you need to eat a pound of steak or fish every day but a small portion of meat a day or every other is not a bad thing.  Hopefully it works out, but if he plans to run again he needs to bulk back up.

 Omnivores can digest and get nutrients from digesting protein, fat and fiber. It doesnt mean they need both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SBiii said:

You seem upset.

The point of linking the article discussing Big Ben and others was to illustrate how virtually all NFL players are playing hurt every week.

Later in the article the author (a former NFL player) said he took an injection of Vitamin-T (toradol) before every game for the last 3 years of his career.

Bottom line, NFL players on every team are playing hurt every week --- just like Cam.

You act like there's some lack of institutional control with the Panthers that's different than other teams and it's just not the case.

Stop with the incessant whing, Cam's a big boy and nobody is making him do anything he doesn't want to do.

My only issue with Cam playing as injured as he was is it was so obvious he was hurt, it wasnt helping him or the team. Also, if he's going to be the franchise qb for the next 10 years, you have to think of the long game. For me, the risk wasnt worth the reward.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Mustard On The Side said:

Humans are not supposed to be vegan we are ominvores.  I'm not saying you need to eat a pound of steak or fish every day but a small portion of meat a day or every other is not a bad thing.  Hopefully it works out, but if he plans to run again he needs to bulk back up.

https://www.greatveganathletes.com/category/vegan-bodybuilders/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Moo Daeng said:

Is there anything more boneheaded than being upset someone doesnt eat meat?

Maybe being upset at what someone wears to a post-game press conference?

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

My only issue with Cam playing as injured as he was is it was so obvious he was hurt, it wasnt helping him or the team. Also, if he's going to be the franchise qb for the next 10 years, you have to think of the long game. For me, the risk wasnt worth the reward.

It absolutely wasn't worth the risk because there was no reward. He was injured to the point of hampering the team by continuing to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As for Cam's diet? I really don't care one way or the other. If the team feels like his diet is hampering him as a professional football player I have to trust that they'll address it, same as they would for a player whose dietary choices led to him constantly showing up to camp overweight and out of shape.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




  • Member Statistics

    • Total Members
      20,123
    • Most Online
      2,867

    Newest Member
    PantherArmour
    Joined
  • Topics

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      146,584
    • Total Posts
      4,811,784
  • Posts

    • The thing that has driven most of us nuts is Ron acting like he had no clue Cam was hiding the severity of his injury. If you have worked with anyone for a reasonable length of time, you learn their habits. By Cam's own admission, he wasn't going through his pregame ritual because he couldn't. This would be a huge red flag to anyone. It's also been my biggest beef with Hurney 2.0. He is the head of this organization and didn't shut Cam down when Ron wouldn't. If nothing else, I would expect him to tell Ron to do it because Cam isn't right. And if he did, then letting Ron just flat out lie to everyone makes the whole situation even worse. I don't know what was said behind closed doors, but if I'm Hurney and Ron did nothing and put me in this position, he would be getting his walking papers from me. This is the 3rd time Cam's injuries have been mismanaged by Ron.  What Frank did was in the best interest of the team, short and long term. Ron doesn't have that kind of vision. There's a difference between playing hurt, and playing injured. The only thing it appears Ron cares about is can Cam play well enough to save his job another season. 
    • Saw some speculation that the Eagles could use him.
    • Today’s testimony was clearly laid out and simple. We’re watching the beginning of the end. 
  • Masters of PIE !

×
×
  • Create New...