Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Saints are gonna win the NFC South its seriously over

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They wouldn't want to lose home field advantage though.

(whether or not it's deserved would be considered immaterial)

I'd revert back to your argument. If you want home field advantage, win more games.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd revert back to your argument. If you want home field advantage, win more games.

Keep in mind, I'm not asserting that people will be logical about this.

Just the opposite, honestly.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Keep in mind, I'm not asserting that people will be logical about this.

Just the opposite, honestly.

There is very little logic in sports fandom. 

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

There is very little logic in sports fandom. 

Except on this board, right? :Eyes_Emoji_42x42:

This was a fun read.

5 hours ago, SZ James (banned) said:

3USgt2g.jpg?fb

I was so hoping @Sean Payton's Vicodin would reply with this GIF...

tenor.gif?itemid=13861878

:)

3 hours ago, ellis said:

Sean Payton is very proficient at scheming against certain players. He’s doing a good job of working with what he’s got offensively. They’re stacking a lot of 12 personnel and unbalanced looks against 52. Mack has been very quiet today. 

Indeed. Second time we’ve done that to Mack. Armstead and Strief put him on a milk carton when we played the Raiders in Week 1 in 2016 and we did a lot of the same stuff today.

2 games now Mack has put up goose eggs in the sacks, QB hits, and QB pressure columns against us.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Some people have just been watching the NFL for a few years and don't come in and go full Leroy Jenkins on young players who've shown some promise.

Hahahaha!

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

I really do think the bears are trash though. I think we'll split with the saints 

I could definitely see it happening. Y’all are a good ball club and it wouldn’t surprise me if we do split.

2 hours ago, CRA said:

Saints have only played 1 divisional game and still got teams like the 49ers, Colts on the schedule.

And fortunately they both get to come on down to New Orleans to take their lashings.

:shades:

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

54 pass attempts vs. 7 rush attempts.

Fuging yikes. Trubisky has disappointed, but Nagy has been a flat out bust.

That’ll happen when you’re averaging 2.4 YPC and can’t run the ball on a 4-man front.

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's only in what, his second year though?

Not a fan of what I see so far, but it might be too early to completely give up on him.

Ryan Pace, though? Yeah, if I were a Bear fan I might be starting to lose faith. And to be fair, part of that is based in what he did to get Trubisky.

Trubisky is in his 3rd year now

And well if they fire Pace, he can always come back and work for us again. Hahaha.

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Hell, the Bucs have sucked the last several years....but the Bucs have beat them in each of the last 4 years. 

Divisional games are totally different animal. 

Yeah, it wouldn’t surprise me if we split with them yet again.

The last time we swept them was in 2014 and that was only because our second game was in Week 17 and they were “battling it out” with the Titans for the #1 overall pick in the draft. They were straight up whooping our *** in the first half, then magically forgot how to football in the second half and we “won”.

9 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Trubisky is in his 3rd year now

And well if they fire Pace, he can always come back and work for us again. Hahaha.

That comment was about Matt Nagy, not Mitch(ell) Trubisky.

• Beer 1

12 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

That’ll happen when you’re averaging 2.4 YPC and can’t run the ball on a 4-man front.

You still have to show a willingness to TRY to establish a running game. At least make the opposition respect the fact that you will run the ball. When you make yourself completely one dimensional by your own doing, that's just plain poor play calling and game planning.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

That comment was about Matt Nagy, not Mitch(ell) Trubisky.

Whoops! Apologies, hahah. I’ll shut my big fat trap now. LOLOL.

:liar:

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

You still have to show a willingness to TRY to establish a running game. At least make the opposition respect the fact that you will run the ball. When you make yourself completely one dimensional by your own doing, that's just plain poor play calling and game planning.

Indeed, it got to a moment in the game I told my friend that I had a feeling they were about to abandon the run game. It was maybe shortly after half. Didn’t think they’d abandon it entirely though, LOL.

6 hours ago, ellis said:

Mitchell Trubisky is fairly average.

That's giving him a bit too much credit.

Frankly, he's bottom tier imo.

Y'all trashing on Trubisky ignoring only seven rushing attempts. To put that in perspective, the NFL record for fewest rushing attempts in a game is only one less at six. It's been done three times. All three of those teams lost. One of those QBs was Tom Brady.

If you only run the ball seven times, you're gonna fuging lose. You're not even giving your offense a fair chance.

Trubisky still completed 63% of his attempts for 2 TDs and 0 INTs and somehow only got sacked twice despite being under constant pressure. The guy ended up playing decently despite a dog poo game plan. Put Tom Brady in that game and the Bears still lose.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Y'all trashing on Trubisky ignoring only seven rushing attempts. To put that in perspective, the NFL record for fewest rushing attempts in a game is only one less at six. It's been done three times. All three of those teams lost. One of those QBs was Tom Brady.

If you only run the ball seven times, you're gonna fuging lose. You're not even giving your offense a fair chance.

Trubisky still completed 63% of his attempts for 2 TDs and 0 INTs and somehow only got sacked twice despite being under constant pressure. The guy ended up playing decently despite a dog poo game plan. Put Tom Brady in that game and the Bears still lose.

Sorry, dude. I just don't think Trubisky is that good. And it's not like he's just starting out. He's had time to get good.

Now if you wanted to make an argument that he's had sh-tty coaching thus far in his career, I do think that would be a valid point.

Edited by Mr. Scot

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sorry, dude. I just don't think Trubisky is that good. And it's not like he's just starting out. He's had time to get good.

Now if you wanted to make an argument that he's had sh-tty coaching thus far in his career, I do think that would be a valid point.

I think Trubisky has been disappointing. I think Nagy has been an outright bust. Here he was hired to be an offensive guru and he's being carried by a great defense while his offense sputters. He's the reverse of Dan Quinn who was hired to be a defensive guru while he fields one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

I'm very leary of anyone coming out of Andy Reid's offense, whether it's a coach or a player. There are plenty of legit criticisms if Andy Reid as a head coach, but that man almost always fields an elite offense. Doesn't matter who the OC is, who the QB is, who the WRs are, etc. The man is a legit offensive football genius.

9 hours ago, Harbingers said:

Not knowing how anything will turn out between then. They have to come into our house on the last game of the season before playoffs. That doesn’t bode well for them. 

Bucs came to our house and look at how that turned out and they torched us in our own house big time. It may not bode well for us either being a division game.

• Beer 1

I wouldn’t even look at their whole schedule. Look at divisional record. The truth of the matter is we sweep them or we don’t make it.

It is interesting that they’re only winning games by an average of 5ish points.