Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Black&BlueBubba

49ers got Sanders for this week

2 hours ago, TheRumGone said:

Do y’all rotate the dline a lot or is it mainly those 4?

They do rotate but they are not as deep as we are. But their starters are stout.  

On 10/22/2019 at 3:34 PM, Black&BlueBubba said:

Im not sure Staley will be back this week. Nor Juszcyk

And we're playing with about a third of our starters coming from the second string. And we've still beat everyone we've faced since week 3. 

Just not feeling the fear from our side, yanno?

30 minutes ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

They do rotate but they are not as deep as we are. But their starters are stout.  

Yeah that’s what I thought. Hopefully we can wear them down.

3 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

Yeah that’s what I thought. Hopefully we can wear them down.

one that has aided the 49ers is they play less snaps than other defenses.  This is where CMC can play a big role.  I just don't see them stopping him.  They simply aren't the Bucs run defense.  He isn't going to have video game numbers but I think we can make the 49ers play more snaps than they are accustomed to. 

19 hours ago, Black&BlueBubba said:

Not entirely accurate.

They rotate quite a bit and mix and match. It won't be just:

Ford-Armstead-Buckner-Bosa

Often on run downs, they'll go:

Armstead-DJ Jones-Buckner-Bosa

I've read a lot on other sites about how you should just run at Ford...well he largely plays on long yardage and obvious passing downs.

They mix and match quite a bit.

Solomon Thomas was the third overall pick 2 years ago, and he'll rotate in at both DE and DT.

Ronald Blair has played very well as a DE rotating in. Jullian Taylor is pretty damn good, but he can't even get on the field because he's often inactive. Sheldon Day has played well.

Don't let the press fool you with the "Five First Round Picks" thing. Those guys are good, buy they are very deep on the D-Line and they'll roll at you in waves.

19 hours ago, CRA said:

one that has aided the 49ers is they play less snaps than other defenses.  This is where CMC can play a big role.  I just don't see them stopping him.  They simply aren't the Bucs run defense.  He isn't going to have video game numbers but I think we can make the 49ers play more snaps than they are accustomed to. 

You could very well be right...but something to keep in mind. 

The 49ers go 3 and out 10.6% of the time on offense, 2nd best in the NFL. They are very good converting 3rd downs both running and passing.

They force the opposition to 3 and outs roughly 50% of the time, which is best in the NFL. They are outstanding on 3rd and 4th down.

EVERYTHING could change of course. I'm simply stating the way things have trended thus far.

If this game goes anywhere close to what's happened the past two weeks, expect the Panthers to move the ball well on the ground and then not so much the rest of the game. They typically make an adjustment and the sledding gets harder.

Again tho...I wouldn't count on wearing them out on D.

Bucs tried that in 95 degree heat and Florida humidity. They did bend a bit i the second half, but I don't think they'll break. Of course, CMC is a different animal altogether, but I just wouldn't count on it. They do rotate heavily on the D-Line.

4 minutes ago, 49Marvin said:

You could very well be right...but something to keep in mind. 

The 49ers go 3 and out 10.6% of the time on offense, 2nd best in the NFL. They are very good converting 3rd downs both running and passing.

They force the opposition to 3 and outs roughly 50% of the time, which is best in the NFL. They are outstanding on 3rd and 4th down.

EVERYTHING could change of course. I'm simply stating the way things have trended thus far.

If this game goes anywhere close to what's happened the past two weeks, expect the Panthers to move the ball well on the ground and then not so much the rest of the game. They typically make an adjustment and the sledding gets harder.

Again tho...I wouldn't count on wearing them out on D.

Bucs tried that in 95 degree heat and Florida humidity. They did bend a bit i the second half, but I don't think they'll break. Of course, CMC is a different animal altogether, but I just wouldn't count on it. They do rotate heavily on the D-Line.

Bucs aren’t build offensively to do it though.   Way too inconsistent with Winston.  

Downs played simply matters in football.   You got to make the 49er D play more snaps than they have been playing on the year. 

Lot of unknowns being this early.   This is the first team y’all will face that puts up points and doesn’t depend heavily on the pass to do it.  Both Tampa and the Rams do. 

Question for Niner fans 

Sherman still play a side like back in the day or travel with WRs

2 minutes ago, CRA said:

Question for Niner fans 

Sherman still play a side like back in the day or travel with WRs

Plays a side. Niners run almost the exact same D as Seattle. Its the reason Sherman signed in SF to begin with.

Ahkello Withersoon on the other side before injury on the other side. Emmanuel Moseley has been playing there since then and has played very well.

K'Waun Williams is the slot corner...also playing well.

Jason Verrett is on IR (stunner). When Witherspoon was injured vs Steelers, Verrett came in for like 2 plays: a 30+ yard PI and a 30+ yard TD on consecutive plays. Yeah...he didn't play again. LOL. Game shouldn't have even been close. LOL.