Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Forty-Eight

Donte No Action Jackson

The funny thing about this was Bradberry was so much worse and no one is talking about it.

Bet that PFF rates Bradberry far worse for this game than Jackson. He was fuging murked.

Edited by SmartyHurney

7 hours ago, Forty-Eight said:

During the week of Pittsburgh that we got blown out, Imamura was talking to Jackson alone trying to get him to stay focus. Jackson did nothing but talked back like an asshole telling Imamura to quit worrying just because he’s a rookie. He told Imamura that everyone baby him just bc he’s a rookie.

later, Adams, Cap and Reid sat down to talk with Jackson about making mistakes as he was going to be covering Antonio Brown. Told Jackson that he keeps repeatedly making the same mistakes but the INTs are hiding his bad plays. But the mistakes don’t hide from the rest of the dbs bc they are out there with him. Jackson again just pretty much ignored them. Jackson told them he’s frustrated hearing everyone telling him to stay focus. 

Damn...1 thanks for the quality write up, I was reading it like a novel lol.  2 maybe I should've actually watched the show!

• Beer 1

9 hours ago, Forty-Eight said:

Now, we know why there were so much hype about Curtis Samuel in camp. All the veteran dbs couldn’t get him to listen to them last year (All or Nothing). It’s proving right now that the kid just don’t want to be a professional but depending on talents alone. 

You gotta stop with these reactionary posts. First curtis Samuel now this. These are young guys playing under a floundering inept coaching staff. Jackson has flashed as have Samuel. Both have there good and bad moments but you expecting superstar from second round picks which doesn't happen that often. They are both just starters.. if they were perfect they probably would have been first round picks.

I think Jackson is the least of our secondary problems right now. He got cooked for sure.. happens.

• Poo 1

He gets beat and relies on speed to recover...problem is all the WR in the NFL are fast and that won’t cut it. He does not understand position at all. 

• Pie 1

10 hours ago, onmyown said:

he has the talent but he’s not the type Rivera knows how to coach into producing. I mean he’s similar to Norman attitude and discipline-wise and Rivera benched Norman out of frustration of not being able to coach him properly and only returned due to sheer desperation after the secondary went to poo and Norman lit it up.

I have my doubts that Rivera can coach anyone.

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

You gotta stop with these reactionary posts. First curtis Samuel now this. These are young guys playing under a floundering inept coaching staff. Jackson has flashed as have Samuel. Both have there good and bad moments but you expecting superstar from second round picks which doesn't happen that often. They are both just starters.. if they were perfect they probably would have been first round picks.

I think Jackson is the least of our secondary problems right now. He got cooked for sure.. happens.

Jackson is our secondary problem.  He got burned often and made stupid penalties at crucial 3rd down so the defense didn't get off the field.  This is not the only time he has done this over his 2 year career.  He is fast but he is a poor tackler.  That was what pushed him to the 2nd round when came out of LSU. 

7 minutes ago, cmichd said:

Jackson is our secondary problem.  He got burned often and made stupid penalties at crucial 3rd down so the defense didn't get off the field.  This is not the only time he has done this over his 2 year career.  He is fast but he is a poor tackler.  That was what pushed him to the 2nd round when came out of LSU. 

He isn't a great tackler but be he is not one of the worst starters in the league. Sure he was torched today but he's come up big and shut guys down as well. Bradberry was arguably worse sunday but nobody made a thread about him. Deion couldnt tackle either... that's kinda a secondary concern as far as corners go. First and foremost can you cover.

1 hour ago, micnificent28 said:

What has flashed from Samuel and Jackson? The camp hype? The INTs? Mike Adams said it on all or nothing that Jackson’s repeat mistakes are being hidden bc of the ints. It’s getting penalized and the simple technical things that Jackson isn’t doing. Just like the GB game, Jackson had a PI or hold call that have GB a first down after the defense had just stopped GB on 3rd down. 

Edited by Forty-Eight

11 hours ago, Forty-Eight said:

Now, we know why there were so much hype about Curtis Samuel in camp. All the veteran dbs couldn’t get him to listen to them last year (All or Nothing). It’s proving right now that the kid just don’t want to be a professional but depending on talents alone. 

Gotta find someone to blame when the team takes a big L i guess. There have been quite a few coverage sacks this year, more then i can remember in years past, i him or the secondary as a whole. Lets be honest too, matt ryan had all day to throw against the sack leaders of the nfl...the issue imo was motivation team wide but those red zone interceptions definitely hurt morale. Samuel has gotten behind defenses multiple times this year and KA weak armed it and Jackson had a down game, ill take his body of work last year over 1 game.

Edited by Matt62881

21 minutes ago, Forty-Eight said:

What has flashed from Samuel and Jackson? The camp hype? The INTs? Mike Adams said it on all or nothing that Jackson’s repeat mistakes are being hidden bc of the ints. It’s getting penalized and the simple technical things that Jackson isn’t doing. Just like the GB game, Jackson had a PI or hold call that have GB a first down after the defense had just stopped GB on 3rd down. 

Screenshot_20191118-094353_Chrome.thumb.jpg.036ea81c60694bbc86251486c1bd4ab5.jpg

Kid has 5 touchdowns this far.. there is another rushing one that isn't showing. If he keeps up that pace can you really complain about a guy that comes up 10+ touchdowns on the year. He isn't seeing a ton of targets and when he does the deep balls haven't been on target as of note. But I dont think he is playing nearly as bad as you make him out to be. He's playing as a number 2 should. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

38 minutes ago, Forty-Eight said:

Infact I was just reading this 5 days ago some people think his play is underrated.  

Screenshot_20191118-100020_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3d3ec4263575a61cfde3dcd77d1a6b02.jpg

https://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/28072347

Samuel is better than Jackson. 

Samuel is getting open, he's just not getting hit with the ball regularly. One thing he does need to get more consistent at is going to the ball on comeback routes. 

Jackson is a fast Corner, and that's pretty much it at this point. His technique isn't great and he relies on his speed far too much. He gets caught on double moves a ton looking for a big play rather than staying disciplined. 

• Pie 1