Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

CRA

Quiet production

Recommended Posts

DJ Moore is quietly on pace for 1,246 receiving yards.  Not too shabby for year two, in a running offense, with Kyle Allen as your QB. 

The 1 TD is a bit of a head scratcher. 

  • Pie 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


In his first 7 games, he was averaging 66 yards per game and had zero 100 yard games. That's not bad. That's still on pace for a 1000 yard season.

But, on Halloween Smitty publicly called out our WRs saying they couldn't beat man coverage and questioning their effort.

Since then, DJ is averaging 105 yards per game and came 5 yards short this past Sunday of recording his third straight 100 yard game. 105 yards per game would be on pace for a nearly 1700 yard season. Maybe the timing was just coincidence, but I'm sure DJ knew about what Smitty had said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CRA said:

DJ Moore is quietly on pace for 1,246 receiving yards.  Not too shabby for year two, in a running offense, with Kyle Allen as your QB. 

The 1 TD is a bit of a head scratcher. 

not really when you remember how much allen struggles with deep balls. moore's 1 td was on a 10 yard pass where he created a lane for himself to break it long off a crossing route. when the routes go much deeper than that things tend to fall apart quickly.

  • Pie 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Touchdowns are fluky anyway.  Julio doesn't score a lot of TDs, Andre Johnson didn't have tons of TD's each year either.  Tt's his 2nd year with average QB's and run in the red zone offense.  If CMC wasn't about to set a record for yards in a season you might hear more about him.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is a tailor made number 2 WR.  We still need someone reliable on productive on the other side of him.

  • Poo 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

In his first 7 games, he was averaging 66 yards per game and had zero 100 yard games. That's not bad. That's still on pace for a 1000 yard season.

But, on Halloween Smitty publicly called out our WRs saying they couldn't beat man coverage and questioning their effort.

Since then, DJ is averaging 105 yards per game and came 5 yards short this past Sunday of recording his third straight 100 yard game. 105 yards per game would be on pace for a nearly 1700 yard season. Maybe the timing was just coincidence, but I'm sure DJ knew about what Smitty had said.

I still maintain 89 was calling out Samuel and just refused to single him out.  Samuel was the WR that looked so bad in SF. 

I think after SF Moore and Samuel had comparable targets on the year.  Ever since the WRs were called out Moore has had an increase in targets and Samuel a decrease.  The targets haven't been as evenly split. 

Was 58 to 54 after SF.  Since SF Moore has 36 to Samuel's 21

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rodeo said:

not really when you remember how much allen struggles with deep balls. moore's 1 td was on a 10 yard pass where he created a lane for himself to break it long off a crossing route. when the routes go much deeper than that things tend to fall apart quickly.

Moore is pretty dynamic as a YAC WR and physical after the catch.  Think he lead all the NFL last year as a rookie in yards after contact.   So deep ball really isn't needed. Just surprised he hasn't found a way to reach the endzone more.  Law of averages considering how much he has touched it.   Gotta think that will course correct at some point. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He doesn't have a demanding loud personality so people like Smith at him weird but when they've actually made an effort to get him involved he's produced. He's also make several contested catches, so I'm not sure why people are saying he doesn't attack the ball--catches against GB, yesterday, and Jax come to mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle Allen also never looks to him in the redzone (Samuel has all those TDs as a result) and we can't connect throwing deep. Moore is steadily turning into a number one, we just need more options around him. I'm not super down on Samuel but he was better with limited snaps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, joemac said:

He is a tailor made number 2 WR.  We still need someone reliable on productive on the other side of him.

I've always chuckled about the ridiculous expectations this board has of a #1 WR. If Moore maintains the pace he's currently on he'll have over 1200 yards. If he maintains his pace of the past three games he'll have WELL over 1200 yards.

It seems like some of y'all think that the only WRs worthy of being called a #1 WR are literally all-time great WRs.

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More on Samuel, he's pretty much what he was at Ohio State and probably fits the role of trick player, occasional outside speed guy better than full time starter. He's got talent and a role but they're probably just misusing him. Everyone wanted Tyreke Hill but that dude's a mutant, lower them expectations. I blame this on the coaching staff, of course

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...