Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PantherWake

Interesting Stat on DJ Moore and Curtis Samuel

47 players have at least 10 deep ball targets this season (20+ yards downfield, PFF)

7 have a catchable target rate under 30%:

Curtis Samuel (21%)
D.J. Moore (21%)
Keenan Allen (22%)
Robby Anderson (25%)
DeVante Parker (25%)
Chris Conley (27%)
James Washington (29%)

Link to source:

3 minutes ago, Eazy-E said:

I’ll just leave this here

Yeah, I'm recalling a lot of this type of stuff.

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'd need to see the plays to see their definition of "catchable".

too bad you can't delete those throws huh

Seriously if even a third of the missed throws to Samuel deep had connected, his stats would look dramatically different this year.

And yet people already bailing on Samuel.  Yeah, he's dropped a few as he's still developing as a WR, but there's many times where he has his man beat an the ball is not accurately delivered.  That goes for both of our QBs, btw.

Curtis Samuel’s catchable is different from an actual professional receiver. He is only going to catch it if no one is around him to contest the pass. Similar to our old friend Funchess. 

3 minutes ago, imminent rogaine said:

Curtis Samuel’s catchable is different from an actual professional receiver. He is only going to catch it if no one is around him to contest the pass. Similar to our old friend Funchess. 

Big difference, Funchess was supposedly our #1 WR.  I guess the TD catch a few weeks ago with a defender draped all over him was uncontested?  Also Funchess was dropping simple curl routes and such while shielding off the defender.  Samuel is usually running top end speed with a defender playing underneath, so yeah, unless the ball is delivered in front of him (as shown in the video are not mostly) he's got to turn back for the ball and thus bring the defender into play.  Re-watch the video.

Already discussed this on a previous thread. Almost all those balls were uncatchable ( maybe a few if he was a better receiver). Allen has a very poor deep ball. With that said Curtis could def improve on a few things but he hasn’t been as bad as some make him out to be. 

Not able to watch last Sunday's game as I was on the road, but listening to Jake's radio take on the catches he was quite disappointed.  

I love these "Curtis is actually good and it's all Kyle Allen's fault threads". As though his stats were so much better with Cam. He's not a receiver. He's an exceptionally fast RB lining up at WR. By the time the huddle is willing to accept that he was actually way over drafted he will be long forgotten. Anyone who thinks this guy has a 1000 yard season in him is deluding themselves. Godwin, Juju, Kupp, Golladay all drafted after him.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I'm recalling a lot of this type of stuff.

Samuel would have 500 more yards and 5+ TDs if Kyle Allen had a consistent deep ball.

6 minutes ago, Catsmiaow said:

I love these "Curtis is actually good and it's all Kyle Allen's fault threads". As though his stats were so much better with Cam. He's not a receiver. He's an exceptionally fast RB lining up at WR. By the time the huddle is willing to accept that he was actually way over drafted he will be long forgotten. Anyone who thinks this guy has a 1000 yard season in him is deluding themselves. Godwin, Juju, Kupp, Golladay all drafted after him.

Well I’m pretty sure he’s playing this year more. Literally every WR Cam has ever played with typically has a drop off when they leave Cam. 

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Smitty75

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Escalating health insurance costs are unsustainable and must be addressed.  Unless inefficiencies in the current insurance system are addressed, millions more will be added to the 80 million that are uninsured or under insured.  The Public Option fails to address the primary reasons for the escalating costs of health insurance in this nation.  However, the Public Option allows the for-profit health insurers to shift much of that burden to the US taxpayer. Joe Biden to the American people:  I don't work for you!!!!
    • Trump is going to get 4 more because the shitty liberals are going to put Joe on the ticket.   Congrats.  You guys played right into MAGA's hands   Of the what? 20+ candidates, you picked the one who is actually the most closely aligned with Trump and stands the least chance of energizing turnout.
    • That's because the ACA works through private insurance infrastructure not the federal government.  There are several rulings to pull from including that there is no purview in the Constitution for the federal government to legally provide insurance unless you agree that healthcare falls under the General Welfare clause of the Constitution.  And that question will be asked by any judge considered by Republicans 100% because General Welfare clause cover a large swath of entitlements/welfare and is the bane of Republicans existence.  Also, right to privacy will he challenged and there is precedence that the federal government should not have access to our private medical information and therefore is not legally allowed to provide insurance without private options for people who are concerned about the federal government having private information.  The other legal argument against in that same area would be that if federal government can demand private information for healthcare it can for other facets of government as well.  It will be challenged and will be decided by Supreme Court.  100%
  • Masters of PIE !