Jump to content
Carolina Huddle

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RumHam

Tepper if you do snoop this board, your thoughts on hurney are wrong

Recommended Posts

While you may argue that ron couldn't accomplish hurneys vision from his personnel choices, he isn't a great evaluator like you think he is. Just remember those were gettleman players when we peaked this decade. Our secondary shows flashes, and thats about it. Both ol and dl are atrocious. The wr got better, but samuel was a gettleman guy. Just because he agrees with everything you say doesn't mean hes good. Theres a reason no other team signed him over the course of four years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Also dogs and bees can smell fear.

 

 

 

And the human head weighs 8 pounds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RumHam said:

. Just remember those were gettleman players when we peaked this decade. 

First of all it's hilarious you're trying to lecture a hedge fund billionaire.

But this claim just kills me.

2015 Pro Bowlers

There were 10 of them.  Gettleman acquired 20% of them (arguably the least impactful of the 10 besides Tolbert)

20% = majority?

Cam Newton (3) QB 2015
Jonathan Stewart RB
Greg Olsen (2) TE
Ryan Kalil (5) C
Trai Turner G
Mike Tolbert (2) FB
Luke Kuechly (3) LB
Thomas Davis LB
Josh Norman CB
Kawann Short DT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RumHam said:

The wr got better, but samuel was a gettleman guy.

Curtis Samuel is better than DJ Moore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


1 minute ago, RumHam said:

While you may argue that ron couldn't accomplish hurneys vision from his personnel choices, he isn't a great evaluator like you think he is. Just remember those were gettleman players when we peaked this decade. Our secondary shows flashes, and thats about it. Both ol and dl are atrocious. The wr got better, but samuel was a gettleman guy. Just because he agrees with everything you say doesn't mean hes good. Theres a reason no other team signed him over the course of four years.

Dude, you missed the boat on this one. Let's see a few of Hurney's picks you've forgotten, but we haven't: 2011-- Cam Newton; 2012-- Luke Kuechly; 2018-- DJ Moore, Donte Jackson, Ian Thomas, Jermaine "Onside Kick" Carter; 2019 -- Brian Burns, Dennis Daley. Just ones that are currently on the team and performing well for us.

You can also add in from the past: 2002: Julius Peppers, DeShaun Foster, Will Witherspoon; 2003 Jordan Gross; 2004: Chris Gamble, Travelle Wharton; 2005 Thomas Davis, Geoff Hangartner; 2006: DeAngelo Williams; 2007: Jon Beason, Ryan Kalil, Charles Johnson, Dante Rosario; 2008; Jonathan Stewart, Gary Barnidge, Geoff Schwartz; 2009 Captain Munnerlyn (this draft was a clinker); and 2010 was, well, everyone craps out now and then.

You also have to figure in that he was able to grab us numerous high need free agents for the 3-4 realignment this past off season with big names like Gerald McCoy and Bruce Irvin. He also brought Julius Peppers back in for a couple of victory laps around the stadium and mended fences for us with Agent89.

So, what have you done for the team lately?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billionairemonk said:

he can make the first round draft pick

These guys were all acquired with first round picks

---

 

Steve Smith

Greg Olsen 

Kris Jenkins

Josh Norman

Ryan Kalil

Greg Hardy

Evan Mathis (multiple pro bowls)

Charles Johnson

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder why our generational talented scouting GM  was unemployed  for 4 years after we let him go...

people must not know bout analytics  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bobowilson said:

These guys were all acquired with first round picks

---

 

Steve Smith

Greg Olsen 

Kris Jenkins

Josh Norman

Ryan Kalil

Greg Hardy

Evan Mathis (multiple pro bowls)

Charles Johnson

 

Wow :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


8 minutes ago, bobowilson said:

These guys were all acquired with first round picks

---

 

Steve Smith

Greg Olsen 

Kris Jenkins

Josh Norman

Ryan Kalil

Greg Hardy

Evan Mathis (multiple pro bowls)

Charles Johnson

 

obviously he acquired some great players outside the first round, but no one can argue his first round picks haven't been top notch.  after that, it's hit or miss, mostly miss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We really don't exactly know what his full thoughts on Hurney are. For all we know, maybe he was just speaking to his history of success in the 1st round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, billionairemonk said:

obviously he acquired some great players outside the first round, but no one can argue his first round picks have been top notch.  after that, it's hit or miss, mostly miss.

Hurney is hit or miss after the first round, but other general managers literally never miss in the mid to late rounds.

This forum is comedy.

I don't think the majority of posters here follow any other team but the Panthers or they couldn't possibly be so deluded on the odds of finding starters after the first round.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...