Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

micnificent28

Today's crazy Cam Rumor... saints target cam as brees replacement

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/other-sports/new-orleans-saints-tipped-make-21022312

At this point I'm like how many brees successors do they need. They have Teddy B who looked fantastic, and they have said taysum Hill is brees successor.. but I guess if an attractive option like Cam pops up who wouldn't kick the tires..

• Pie 2

That is dumb. They are completely different types of qb. And their backup is already like  am but he can still run and isnt as injury prone.

Hill is never going to be the successor. He's found a great little niche as a gimmick wildcat player and special teamer. He's what The Golden Calf of Bristol should've morphed into if he was willing to give up being a "quarterback".

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, rodeo said:

cam jordan would have a fuging crisis

I think the two Cams actually have a lot of mutual respect for one another and honestly may genuinely like each other.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

"The Daily Star"..out of the UK. Because the Brits are all over American Foozball and stuff.

• Pie 4

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the two Cams actually have a lot of mutual respect for one another and honestly may genuinely like each other.

*head asplodes*

that's honestly not that crazy. 

look what payton has done with some dumpy mormon and a dude who's femur literally slid into his shin

Edited by electro's horse
  • Pie 2

I don’t see Cam doing this. Maybe the Falcons because that’s his hometown, but not the Saints. 

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t see Cam doing this. Maybe the Falcons because that’s his hometown, but not the Saints. 

Why? The NFL is a business. If the Saints are making him a competitive offer and he sees that as his best chance to compete for a Super Bowl, why not?

Put yourself in Cam's shoes. The Panthers are under new ownership and are almost certainly soon to be an entirely different organization than the one he's played his entire career for. This new owner and organization would basically be throwing you out with the old guard. If I was him I'd jump all over the opportunity to go to the best division rival and hand them their asses. I'd probably do it even if I had better offers on the table elsewhere to be honest.

• Beer 1

19 minutes ago, joeyxfresco said:

If Cam wins a SB with NO this place would implode 

Not just this place. Tepper would have to seriously worry about this fanbase.

I said it before if Cam gets healthy, goes to another team and wins while we’re in a rebuild. This fanbase will lose the last bit of interest they have.

Edited by TheRumGone
  • Pie 5

This sounds like one of those lures a rival like the Saints would cast out, hoping it gets a bite and results in a big catch: the Panthers offering Cam a huge extension this offseason.

Worth the bits and bytes it takes to trot out there.  If it is such a ruse, the unfortunate part for the Saints (or whoever) is Tepper signs the checks, not Hurney.