Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Prime

What's the quickest path to being contenders again?

I don't know where to start. As others have said already we're far away from being contenders giving our lack of talent. The only bad part is we have no draft capital and no means to add any. I think we may be fugged. We could be the new age dolphins 

At least the dolphins had players to trade to get firsts. Minkah and Tunsil. We have nobody. We really can't trade Christian. So yeah out of the question.

The quickest way to start winning again is to focus on drafting o-linemen to protect Cam, and drafting more weapons. This is assuming that Cam returns as QB. You want to sign veteran free agent defensive players who already have enough strength and know how to play their positions. It's not time to build a defensive monstrosity yet. That would be the 2021 after the o-line has been built. Stop gap defense for next season.

With a revamped o-line you improve CMC's rushing even further, and you buy Cam more time in the pocket to find targets further down field. You also likely increase the duration of Cam and CMC's playing careers. If we do anything else Cam is fuged, and this franchise dead for multiple seasons. If you see us drafting a DT in the 1st round, then LB ect... IT'S OVER. The draft will tell us our fate, that and Cam's decision and health.

Edited by pantherj
  • Pie 1

We gave a coach a SEVEN year contract. It’s not gonna be 6 years of bliss...

The quickest path to being contenders again?

Tepper buys the  49ers and swaps the two teams rosters.

• Pie 3

7 hours ago, Prime said:

At least the dolphins had players to trade to get firsts. Minkah and Tunsil. We have nobody. We really can't trade Christian. So yeah out of the question.

Explain why we can’t trade cmc. Cause from where I’m sitting that’s an extremely marketable trade commodity.

11 hours ago, Prime said:

Right. It's easy to say become a longterm contender. What's the first move to do that?

I think it's fairly simple. Rebuild the lines. Create draft capital. Bring in two corners and find another TE.  I think Andrus Peat may be available in FA. Draft Okudah or Epeneza. Then draft center and guard in the 2nd and 4th. Find a FA TE and DT. Pray Short and Poe come back healthy. I would love to being Klein in if we can.

If we keep Cam then when she should trade down from 7 and try to pick up an extra 2nd.  If we trade Cam then that will create a lot of options. In terms of draft flexibility.

I'm not saying KA is the answer, but he would have to be better with a better Oline, another TE, a year of starting XP, and Joe Brady running the O. This of course if Cam isnt retained.

If Cam is kept the there's really not a way to build for long term success inside of his playing window. We would have to make some splashes and hope it works out. 

You have to think anyone that has seen their 26th or 27th birthday is potentially on the block at this point.

I grew up in the land of suck.  I was a St. Louis Cardinals football fan until they moved to Arizona.  I'm sure I can handle this process, as long as it is pointed in the right direction.

Hurney doing the pointing does not give me a warm, fuzzy, though.

• Pie 1

Not interested in a quick fix, I want it done right, not right now.

First and foremost, you need a competent GM that sees eye to eye with the owner and the head coach, while also being able to identify and acquire undervalued players.

We cannot start the building of this franchise until we have a competent GM, we don't have that currently.

Do the exact opposite of whatever it is the Browns have been doing for 20 years...

yes, it really is that easy

Sign: Joe Thuney, Corey Littleton, Logan Ryan, Jabaal Sheard, Robby Anderson

Resign: James Bradberry, Mario Addison, Gerald McCoy, Tre Boston, GVR

14 hours ago, Prime said:

None of us have a crystal ball and can tell the future. And there's a million different ways we can do this, all taking different amounts of time until we get back to being great. 

Do we take the best linebacker in the draft now because keuchly retired? Seems kind of quick to jump just because of emotions. But is it the right decision?

Do we take the best o lineman in the draft to help shore the line up?

Best reciever in the draft so we can work our way into an offensive powerhouse?

Do we draft a corner and pay Bradbury and try to keep our defensive identity?

Do we trade cam and say screw it and take a chance on Tua? 

Now let's think about this carefully. One of these paths will inevitably be the better and faster option getting back to being great. But which path is that? 

I think the initial focus should be this coaching staff.  Too soon to tell what players until we see the staff's season plans.