Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sean Payton's Vicodin

does anyone here trust marty hurney with the rebuild

see title  

112 members have voted

1. 1. see title

• yes, marty hurney will lead us to the golden age
    • fug no

14 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

"Major Talent" as you called it don't mean squat.

Many here are happy that Marty brings in BIG NAMES, and are perfectly fine with all the losing.

I'd be perfectly fine not knowing the name of a single player on this team if we were going to the playoffs every season.

I don’t know what you’re even talking about. “Major talent doesn’t mean squat.” - ok, so maybe if we don’t have anyone with any talent we’ll start winning?

Cam was a big name in college but had plenty of questions in the NFL. DJ and Brian Burns aren’t exactly big names. Peppers was a big name in college. Luke wasn’t known by half the board here. Olsen was liked in college but wasn’t big time when he came here. Thomas Davis was ignored for years outside of Carolina. Jordan Gross wasn’t a big name anywhere. Stewart and DeAngelo were also ignored nationally. 

Signing Bruce Irvin, Dontari Poe, and Gerald McCoy were his only big name signings. And even they weren’t blockbuster guys.

No one’s arguing for a roster full of big names. So what are you even talking about?

13 minutes ago, Ship said:

I don’t know what you’re even talking about. “Major talent doesn’t mean squat.” - ok, so maybe if we don’t have anyone with any talent we’ll start winning?

Cam was a big name in college but had plenty of questions in the NFL. DJ and Brian Burns aren’t exactly big names. Peppers was a big name in college. Luke wasn’t known by half the board here. Olsen was liked in college but wasn’t big time when he came here. Thomas Davis was ignored for years outside of Carolina. Jordan Gross wasn’t a big name anywhere. Stewart and DeAngelo were also ignored nationally. 

Signing Bruce Irvin, Dontari Poe, and Gerald McCoy were his only big name signings. And even they weren’t blockbuster guys.

No one’s arguing for a roster full of big names. So what are you even talking about?

He's great in the 1st doesn't mean a damn thing if you can't win games.  Hurney has proven, since he has been here, that he cannot consistently field winning teams.

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, Navy_football said:

The biggest issue I have with Hurney is his disregard for athletic measurables. No other sport relies on pure athleticism as much as football players - which is why most players look like body builders. But Marty will be like, oh a running back that runs a 4.8 forty, or a DB that runs a 4.7? Oh I just have a feeling about that guy. Let's get him in the 3rd round. 

And there are numerous examples of great athletic guys who can't play football. It has to be both the athleticism and evidence on the field of football acumen.  Everything I have read since Hurney came back was that he emphasized speed and athleticism and was doing everything to make the team faster and more athletic. You must be talking about years ago or concentrating on a guy like Gaulden. From what I can tell Gaulden wasn't Hurney's type like Burns and Moore were.

I would not trust him if we had the 49ers roster.  He has been dragging this team through the gutter for 20 years.

• Pie 1

Not to read into anything, but Joe Person retweeted this from The Athletic's Steelers writer covering Art Rooney's presser.

Edited by Mr. Scot

Nope he will screw everything up. Overpay and underdraft is what he does best. He hit on a few elite guys and has made a career off it. 

• Pie 2

I hate hurney so fuging much.. he is a leech that somehow has a death grip on this franchise.. burn off the leech tepper!

4 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

But the teams Hurney built around that core couldn't even reach 500, and if you wanna go that route don't forget that Marty's Super Bowl team had a pretty significant imprint from George Seifert.Throw in that even after someone came in and fixed his mess and Richardson handed a playoff worthy team back to him, it was one of the worst teams in the league within just two years of Hurney control.

An NFL GM's job isn't to get two, three or even ten great players. It's to build a team, a full roster of 53 plus that are capable of winning a championship. Marty's had fourteen chances to do that and only came close three times, two of which were with a Seifert influenced roster. And if you look at how the team has trended, it's pretty clear that the longer Marty is in charge, the worse the team gets.

He's not good enough. Never was. Never will be.

Now you are just blaming Marty Hurney for Cam being hurt last two years.  That is a bad faith argument

47 minutes ago, teeray said:

Now you are just blaming Marty Hurney for Cam being hurt last two years.  That is a bad faith argument

Was Newton part of the defense?

Or the offensive line?

Did he choose to go with the backups we had?

Or the kicker we kept over the one we let go?

How did the Saints do with a backup quarterback?

Or the Titans?

What went wrong with Marty's other ten losing seasons?

Yeah yeah I know, it's everybody's fault but Marty's.

The guy in charge of building the roster can't be blamed if it happens to suck.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Was Newton part of the defense?

Or the offensive line?

Did he choose to go with the backups we had?

Or the kicker we kept over the one we let go?

How did the Saints do with a backup quarterback?

Or the Titans?

What went wrong with Marty's other ten losing seasons?

Yeah yeah I know, it's everybody's fault but Marty's.

The guy in charge of building the roster can't be blamed if it happens to suck.

this board went soft on marty after the last GM came and did the dirty work and the tough decisions that GMs need to make that they couldn’t handle emotionally. we’re beyond the point that ppl are defending hurney just bc he isn’t gettleman. dudes are literally grasping at any straw they can to cope with reality.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, frash.exe said:

this board went soft on marty after the last GM came and did the dirty work and the tough decisions that GMs need to make that they couldn’t handle emotionally. we’re beyond the point that ppl are defending hurney just bc he isn’t gettleman. dudes are literally grasping at any straw they can to cope with reality.

I've said before I think some folks have this weird attachment where they think that just because Hurney drafted Newton, somehow they have to be loyal to him.

Given that Hurney also built losing teams around Newton, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. But hey...

Regardless, like most folks here I'm hoping we only have to put up with a few more months of Marty. If he sticks beyond the draft without his role being reduced or redefined, I'm going to seriously question what he has over Tepper.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, Cpt slay a ho said:

I trust what tepper does so yeah Why not

Like when he thought "sure, Ron Rivera's a good coach, let's keep him around".

Oh yeah, smart move.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I've said before I think some folks have this weird attachment where they think that just because Hurney drafted Newton, somehow they have to be loyal to him.

Given that Hurney also built losing teams around Newton, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. But hey...

Regardless, like most folks here I'm hoping we only have to put up with a few more months of Marty. If he sticks beyond the draft without his role being reduced or redefined, I'm going to seriously question what he has over Tepper.

It’s not even that. This board simply spends all its time rationalize bad management into good management and then crying during the season when it doesn’t work. Over and over and over. Tepper isn’t anything new, in fact I’d put money down on this team being worse for years to come. Which in turn leads to the apologetics being more idiotic, which in turn leads to more BS like the forum has been for the past 3 years. 

When are people going to wake up and realize Hurney sucks and handful of good drafted players don’t make a competitive team by themselves. The writing has been on the wall. 

Those players surrounded by the right players made a run. Hurney comes back. We are looking down the barrel of a .50 cal at point blank range. 

• Pie 1