Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

GRWatcher

PSL Owners Losing Seats for Luxury Suites

Just now, Happy Panther said:

False...

True. If you can see a fade completion in the endzone on the other side of the stadium from the first 3 rows of the endzone, you have some amazing eyes. I would take upper sideline over lower endzone 10/10 times. The Panthers are offering a return on investment after 26 years of use or a even better set of psls. There is no case here. It is in the agreement they can raise ticket prices, a judge doesn't care that you liked Sunday giveaways. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Go to your kitchen and grab a bowl. Now explain to me how you'd ever fit as many seats in the lower portion of the bowl as the upper portion.

Don't expect to have more in the lower, but there is like 20,000 to 50,000 if I remember correctly. Usually the average is 30,000 to 40,000 or something. Plus, probably now around 35% of the lower bowl is now club seating... I don't know another NFL stadium like that... Half the sideline, a large majority of the corners and endzone are now club seating. Go to another NFL stadium and see if it looks like ours, there is like 10,000 non-club seats in the lowers now... 

2 minutes ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

True. If you can see a fade completion in the endzone on the other side of the stadium from the first 3 rows of the endzone, you have some amazing eyes. I would take upper sideline over lower endzone 10/10 times. The Panthers are offering a return on investment after 26 years of use or a even better set of psls. There is no case here. It is in the agreement they can raise ticket prices, a judge doesn't care that you liked Sunday giveaways. 

Yes the other endzone is hard to see. That isn't half the field.

No idea what your last two sentences mean.

1 minute ago, Happy Panther said:

Yes the other endzone is hard to see. That isn't half the field.

No idea what your last two sentences mean.

There is no case in this, people are complaining their PSLs are worth more then what the Panthers are offering, when I found comparable prices give or take 500 a piece on the PSLs. The Panthers are offering to UPGRADE their PSLs for free. It doesn't stand in court you liked Cam Newton giving you footballs, the team will face nothing for this. I would gladly take lowers on the 30 in exchange for endzone seats.  So not being able to see some of the most important parts of the game is not important? I can't see anything decently past the 40 from there tbh, it's too much of a straight shot. rows 6-8 I could halfway see something. I don't mind 200 level and 100 endzone in the upper rows. 

• Pie 1

Money, money,money money.....MONEY.  In the 21st century , stadiums have become financially obsolete before they are becoming physically obsolete.

• Pie 1

44 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

One thing Charlotte knows how to do perfectly is work on roads 

Damn stadium will take an additional 10 years to construct. 

1 minute ago, sml1950 said:

Money, money,money money.....MONEY.  In the 21st century , stadiums have become financially obsolete before they are becoming physically obsolete.

I can't stand NFL club seats. Panthers charge fans $280 a game for silver club and make them pay to eat. Club should mean you get food.

2 hours ago, Bronn said:

meh

Paint it up however you want, but if you paid it 25 years ago, and were still paying it, you're likely high middle to upper class.

Poor/lower middle class people don't typically have the means to pay PSL fees. Especially out-of-towners.

Sure, I know a lot of them get resold or w/e.

But PSL ownership does not a better fan make.

lol @ "sacrifice" btw

sounds about white

What is your issue?  

the Panthers are one of the more reasonably priced tickets in the NFL market   

In any given year, you can get single game tickets reasonably on any online service.  This year, because the team was bad, tickets could not be given away ...you can do this with zero commitment 

as a PSL owner, and I assure you I am not rich, I have to commit to buy these 10 tickets no matter what the team looks like, plus extra for any playoff tickets .

I made the choice to save and spend my money on this sport as I enjoy it with my friends

people without PSLs benefit by seeing the games on tv,  no matter how good or putrid they may be...no blackouts 

there are many things I can’t afford  there are a few things I can and I prioritize it that way, 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Waldo said:

I understand making changes but ditching a live crowd in the endzone for a box seat is garbage. Are the players going to give the football to the youngest cheese plater? Not a good look. Of all of the places to convert and they choose the one thats positive and heavily kid involved.

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but by the end of the season when Cam was no longer showing up to QB meetings, etc. the guys stopped giving footballs to kids. 

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, raleigh-panther said:

What is your issue?  

the Panthers are one of the more reasonably priced tickets in the NFL market   

In any given year, you can get single game tickets reasonably on any online service.  This year, because the team was bad, tickets could not be given away ...you can do this with zero commitment 

as a PSL owner, and I assure you I am not rich, I have to commit to buy these 10 tickets no matter what the team looks like, plus extra for any playoff tickets .

I made the choice to save and spend my money on this sport as I enjoy it with my friends

people without PSLs benefit by seeing the games on tv,  no matter how good or putrid they may be...no blackouts 

there are many things I can’t afford  there are a few things I can and I prioritize it that way, 

My issue is with people complaining about this like it is something terrible because they are personally impacted.

This goes on in society on a daily basis for a lot of people, and nobody bats an eye.

IDGAF about your personal choices to buy into the PSL system. The fact is that you did, and that you did so with your money and knowing that you aren't the end-all-be-all of the Capitalist agenda.

Comparing your situation to anyone other than yourself, whom you know nothing about, is pretty privileged imho.

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, ChapelHeel80 said:

I hate to be Debbie Downer, but by the end of the season when Cam was no longer showing up to QB meetings, etc. the guys stopped giving footballs to kids. 

all Cam's fault ppl

all Cam's fault

We couldn't score touchdowns to give the balls away with in the first place.

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

There is no case in this, people are complaining their PSLs are worth more then what the Panthers are offering, when I found comparable prices give or take 500 a piece on the PSLs. The Panthers are offering to UPGRADE their PSLs for free. It doesn't stand in court you liked Cam Newton giving you footballs, the team will face nothing for this. I would gladly take lowers on the 30 in exchange for endzone seats.  So not being able to see some of the most important parts of the game is not important? I can't see anything decently past the 40 from there tbh, it's too much of a straight shot. rows 6-8 I could halfway see something. I don't mind 200 level and 100 endzone in the upper rows. 

No idea why you are directing this at me. I'm looking forward to the call.

These new seats better be heated and air conditioned with plush distressed leather and foot rests.  A reclining feature would be nice for the occasional siesta as well. 

19 minutes ago, ChapelHeel80 said:

Not true. McCaffrey, at least, continued handing out TD footballs. Go back and watch the games.

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Bronn said:

My issue is with people complaining about this like it is something terrible because they are personally impacted.

Comparing your situation to anyone other than yourself, whom you know nothing about, is pretty privileged imho.

No one is comparing anything to anyone but themselves - who you know nothing about - except you.