Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
TheSpecialJuan

Big news coming to Panther Nation in the coming days

Tepper is announcing he is completely disassociating the state of South Carolina with the Panthers. Fans from SC will have to pay double and their cars must past a simple emissions test before being allowed to park in city limits. 

Edited by 4Corners
  • Pie 4
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 3

29 minutes ago, joeyxfresco said:

Or the contracted design firm

True.

19 minutes ago, hepcat said:

Over a year ago I heard a rumor that someone spoke with Tepper before he even bought the team and his plan was always to update the uniforms. NFL rules make that take some time and the timing is just about right for that to happen now, and goes with his statement to put his "stamp" on the team.

Could be a variety of sources because to my knowledge, Tepper has not been quiet about his desire to update the uniforms. 

That'd make sense.

• Pie 1

I hope it means Luke is coming back as LB coach. His knowledge of the game is invaluable & will help the LB core be a successful unit. 

• Pie 2

One thing I haven't heard is Steve Smith's number being retired? He has been around alot here lately. 

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

Whatever the announcement is, it’ll be followed by a Bruce Springsteen concert, a fireworks show and a winless December. 

(Tepper stans: Relax. It’s a joke.)

Edited by ellis
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

25 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

here is the answer: 

Panthers new defensive coordinator Phil Snow will speak with the local media for the first time on a conference call at 10:30 this morning

Huge if true

• Flames 2

New uniforms makes a lot sense since several teams are starting to announce that they are releasing new uniforms

Per ESPN:

The NFL confirmed Tuesday a widespread hack of league- and team-connected social media accounts and said it was cooperating with its platform providers and law enforcement.

It's all fake! The 5th Q got hacked!

Seriously though, I hope we hear today and not late in the week.

6 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Name change. The Carolina Teppers. Take that, Bob Johnson!

Actually, it's the Carolina Tip-Top Teppers. It was a bold move, but I like it.  

• Poo 1

6 minutes ago, methodtoll said:

New uniforms makes a lot sense since several teams are starting to announce that they are releasing new uniforms

Long overdue. I know we all like/love our uniforms but one design in 25 years is bad especially for a newer team. 

Jerry thought his design choice was above reproach, if legendary franchises have updated we certainly can. 

I expect Luke to take at least a year off before he looks into coaching. His gf and parents probably want to spend some time with him since he's been married to the film room for 10 years

1 hour ago, PantherFanInPhilly said:

Please god don't let some screwball totally ruin their uni's. They could certainly be improved but they aren't UGLY like some teams. No futuristic/new school/gimmicky poo please. Traditional always looks better imo.  

100%

The uniform doesn’t really need much fixing. A quick rework of all stripes is sufficient. Helmet color is subjective and IMO silver works best to contrast the black and blue. I think we need to incorporate even more silver if I’m being honest. A white top with silver bottoms would love great. A good compromise for the black helmet crowd would be a darker gun metal silver like this 

image.thumb.jpeg.9e2db027db569bcca4a84af286ac7dd3.jpeg

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I expect Luke to take at least a year off before he looks into coaching. His gf and parents probably want to spend some time with him since he's been married to the film room for 10 years

I have this inkling in the back of my brain that Luke is going to take a year off from football, his body is going to feel great, and he's going to get the itch to play again.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, hepcat said:

I have this inkling in the back of my brain that Luke is going to take a year off from football, his body is going to feel great, and he's going to get the itch to play again.

I've thought since day one of his retirement that he'll want to come back. I also thought that about Urlacher, Gronk, Willis, etc. Some guys become so consumed with playing pro football for so long that they retire and suddenly realize, "Wow, this isn't so bad"

Edited by Carl Spackler
  • Beer 1