Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MHS831

Why the Panthers might Draft Herbert

Recommended Posts

Let's say the Panthers deal Cam to the Chargers for a second round pick.   That is reasonable--the Chargers need some PR noise moving into the new bleachers.  Rivers out, Cam Newton in--heck, he a youngster next to Rivers.  The Chargers draft Thomas (LT--a huge need there) instead of Herbert.

The Panthers draft Herbert.  With 2 second rounders, they can still address as many needs, just one pick in the second instead of the first.  In addition, they have about $20m.

$20m in cap room, a second round draft pick, and QB Herbert vs. Cam Newton.  Ask me which I take.  Ask me! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Let's say the Panthers deal Cam to the Chargers for a second round pick.   That is reasonable--the Chargers need some PR noise moving into the new bleachers.  Rivers out, Cam Newton in--heck, he a youngster next to Rivers.  The Chargers draft Thomas (LT--a huge need there) instead of Herbert.

The Panthers draft Herbert.  With 2 second rounders, they can still address as many needs, just one pick in the second instead of the first.  In addition, they have about $20m.

$20m in cap room, a second round draft pick, and QB Herbert vs. Cam Newton.  Ask me which I take.  Ask me! 

Or, if they trade Newton as you say, then trade back with Indy, picking up another second.  We'd have number 13 and 3 2nd round picks.  Are any of the 2nd tier guys worth taking at QB in the 2nd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, stirs said:

Or, if they trade Newton as you say, then trade back with Indy, picking up another second.  We'd have number 13 and 3 2nd round picks.  Are any of the 2nd tier guys worth taking at QB in the 2nd?

Risky, in my opinion, but a player like Fromm for example has seen his stock plummet.  Maybe an injury, maybe he got figured out---Hurts, etc.  Maybe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Risky, in my opinion, but a player like Fromm for example has seen his stock plummet.  Maybe an injury, maybe he got figured out---Hurts, etc.  Maybe. 

As far as 2nd rounders go, how would Eason stack up?  Tall, rangy, big arm, but in need of a year on the bench

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way we trade Cam!! If we do!! It’s obvious we will be in full tank mode for Lawrence or the Ohio State kid for QBs unless others shine that I don’t know about!! Hurts in the 3rd or 4th might be a thought for this year!! Think we sit with what we have at QB!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Risky, in my opinion, but a player like Fromm for example has seen his stock plummet.  Maybe an injury, maybe he got figured out---Hurts, etc.  Maybe. 

Fromm was so disappointing every time I watched his gam like when Rosen was being hyped up.. he played poorly against teams that weren’t very good.. keep seeing Fromm q-Bert to us!! We are good this year get a stout reliable d or o lineman 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, stirs said:

As far as 2nd rounders go, how would Eason stack up?  Tall, rangy, big arm, but in need of a year on the bench

If he works like a pro QB at his craft he is gonna be a good one.  Like Eason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, DamnItJake! said:

Fromm was so disappointing every time I watched his gam like when Rosen was being hyped up.. he played poorly against teams that weren’t very good.. keep seeing Fromm q-Bert to us!! We are good this year get a stout reliable d or o lineman 

I would love fromm in the 2nd.  Let brady fix him. He was really good in 2018

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I would love fromm in the 2nd.  Let brady fix him. He was really good in 2018

To me, he is not that far ahead of Kyle Allen.  Fromm needs an excellent team around him and does not have an exceptional arm.  Allen probably has a better arm.  At least to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, stirs said:

As far as 2nd rounders go, how would Eason stack up?  Tall, rangy, big arm, but in need of a year on the bench

I think he might be the best value---but others probably have seen him more than me--When I saw him,  I liked him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Actionman0z said:

You never watched a game man. 

LOL! Okay...

1 hour ago, Actionman0z said:

As a long time duck fan, and season ticket holder, Herbert had ups and downs. He missed some easy throws, but is also super athletic. He hardly ran this year, except for the PAC-12 Champ. Game against Utah, and in the Rose Bowl, against Wisconsin.. he’s everything you want in a QB, and has the highest ceiling of any QB in the draft. If he’s the pick at 7, I’m all for it, If the Panthers like Newton, Allen, and Grier, and wanna go a different direction, cool. 

Ah... gotcha. Tthe last post makes sense now. Judgement clouded by emotional attachment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, stirs said:

To me, he is not that far ahead of Kyle Allen.  Fromm needs an excellent team around him and does not have an exceptional arm.  Allen probably has a better arm.  At least to me.

And that could be the reason he dropped.  I thought he was a first rounder in September.  Then I saw him late in the season---different player.  I thought maybe he was hurt.  Whoever we have, if we do not develop a great OL, we are wasting time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stirs said:

Or, if they trade Newton as you say, then trade back with Indy, picking up another second.  We'd have number 13 and 3 2nd round picks.  Are any of the 2nd tier guys worth taking at QB in the 2nd?

I would have said Love,  but I hear is moving on up. Eason---maybe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

And that could be the reason he dropped.  I thought he was a first rounder in September.  Then I saw him late in the season---different player.  I thought maybe he was hurt.  Whoever we have, if we do not develop a great OL, we are wasting time.

Yeah, Fromm really disappointed me down the stretch this season. I've had that same thought that he may have been playing with some undisclosed injury issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, Fromm really disappointed me down the stretch this season. I've had that same thought that he may have been playing with some undisclosed injury issues.

Yeah, he had shitarmitis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



×
×
  • Create New...