Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
TheSpecialJuan

BREAKING NEWS: David Tepper speaks on Cam Newton status with Panthers

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Look I understand everyone has to see Cam when Healthy. Why would you say absolutely nothing positive though when this comes up. You know how the media is and how everyone speculates, especially when it comes to a superstar like Cam Newton who was a former MVP and the leader of the franchise. Take off the blue glasses and look at this from another perspective, if any other teams GM and Owner made comments like this it would seem like the QB would be on the way out. They can change this by saying anything positive about Cam and how they have all intentions of having him lead the franchise if healthy. It’s not hard to do:

example:

“Cam Newton is one of the most talented QBs in the league and if he’s healthy, he’s our QB... next question” 

That’s a big difference from this:

“Listen, I’m not a doctor,” Tepper said, via Steve Reed of the Associated Press. “I’ve said it a million times. Is he healthy? He’s not a doctor. There’s a lot of different things that can happen, but first is, is he healthy? Tell me that and then we can talk.”

absolutely 

  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Not sure how some fans still think that there’s a chance of Cam coming back next season. I know that Cam has spoke publicly about coming back. But, what else is Cam supposed to say. That’s just who he is. Cam has never talked bad about any topic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, WarPanthers89 said:

Look I understand everyone has to see Cam when Healthy. Why would you say absolutely nothing positive though when this comes up. You know how the media is and how everyone speculates, especially when it comes to a superstar like Cam Newton who was a former MVP and the leader of the franchise. Take off the blue glasses and look at this from another perspective, if any other teams GM and Owner made comments like this it would seem like the QB would be on the way out. They can change this by saying anything positive about Cam and how they have all intentions of having him lead the franchise if healthy. It’s not hard to do:

example:

“Cam Newton is one of the most talented QBs in the league and if he’s healthy, he’s our QB... next question” 

That’s a big difference from this:

“Listen, I’m not a doctor,” Tepper said, via Steve Reed of the Associated Press. “I’ve said it a million times. Is he healthy? He’s not a doctor. There’s a lot of different things that can happen, but first is, is he healthy? Tell me that and then we can talk.”

Because that’s not how Tepper is. He doesn’t seem to play word games. That’s part of why I like him so far. He says what he means, no more no less. I don’t have blue glasses on, I’m not saying Cam is definitely staying. I’m saying trying to read between the lines and make up your own meaning (not you you, but anyone in general) is foolish. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If anyone can read this from Tepper especially after what Cam said and think he is coming back then I truly feel sorry for you.

 

All Tepper had to say was "If Cam is healthy then he is our qb.  Period, end of story".  Whats the harm in that?  Instead, well you get what he said in that interview.  He gone.  We in rebuild.  Whether it works out or not we shall see but cam is 110% going to be off the team in a month

  • Poo 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think he's sending a message to Cam. Don't be telling the coach you're ready to play then cry off hurt. Next time you show up to play, you'd better be ready. The supporting band and gullible coach have moved on along with a general acceptance that Cam is the man. I think he will stay, but it's more sink or swim than ever before 

  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Because that’s not how Tepper is. He doesn’t seem to play word games. That’s part of why I like him so far. He says what he means, no more no less. I don’t have blue glasses on, I’m not saying Cam is definitely saying. I’m saying trying to read between the lines and make up your own meaning (not you you, but anyone in general) is foolish. 

I think people try to make someone else's words fit into their perspective.  There are a lot of speculative paths you can go down with Cam but at the top of the decision tree is the question, "Is he healthy?"  No sense in going down the rabbit holes in an interview or media session if you cant answer that one.  Everything else is hypothetical-speak that is dependent on other hypothetical-speak. 

  • Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pejorative Miscreant said:

I think people try to make someone else's words fit into their perspective.  There are a lot of speculative paths you can go down with Cam but at the top of the decision tree is the question, "Is he healthy?"  No sense in going down the rabbit holes in an interview or media session if you cant answer that one.  Everything else is hypothetical-speak that is dependent on other hypothetical-speak. 

That’s exactly what it is. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we remain in limbo a while longer. Yay! This offseason has been the crap sandwich we were promised and it's still February, so much more fun ahead. I really don't know how this all shakes down but damn if this couldn't get a lot worse in the next few months. The talk of a 5 year rebuild, which is abnormally long, and a new rookie HC with little NFL experience and a 7 year contract just leaves me scratching my noggin wondering what the vision of this process really is about. A rookie Owner, a rookie HC and Marty Hurney...ohh the mistakes and fug-up possibilities are endless. 

So far, not impressed with how we have handled the Cam talk. I would expect a better coordinated response from Hurney and Tepper. It hasn't been awful but the inexperience shows. Hopefully the growth is in progress because it feels a little amateurish. Kind of like the Rhule hiring process. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GoPanthers123 said:

Click bait again.  That’s not news.

Jesus h Christ its not click bait its Tepper answering a damn question. 

  • Pie 1
  • Poo 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If I had to put odds on my chances of still being a Panthers fan in 2-3 years, I can't say they'd be higher than 50/50.

It may take another Julius Peppers moment to get me back in the fold of things blow up like it looks as if they may.

Crazy to think, but I think many fans are feeling that way.  I overheard 2 season ticket holders talking the other day and both said they can’t see themselves being as enthusiastic or even keeping their season tickets 2 or 3 years down the road.  Both of these guys looked to be in their 30’s so it shocked me to hear that coming from them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tank GIFKeep your eyes open and look at the evidence we have to this point and will come up! 1. Teppers comments from the day he fired rivera to now about this is a building process and it was not going to be an overnight fix and sustained sucess! 2. Matt rhule contract for 7 years! 3. All parties being not commital to cam when cam said he would be back in 2020!  I'm not advocating or encouraging this but this organization is making an organizational decision to tank in 2020! 

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pretty sure he said this 4 months ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...