Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Rock bottom

Like Kurt Warner and Jake Delhomme?  I think they are talking about the 90-man roster, not the 53--yet.

You know this guy up in Canada had over 900 yards receiving in 17 & 18 for Toronto and over 1,000 yards this past year.  I think he has some experience in the NFL, not sure. He has kind of a strange name but for some reason it sounds familiar maybe you know him but I just can't remember.  His name is Armanti Edwards, maybe we should give him a look.

sarcastic sarcasm GIF

• Beer 1
  • The D 1

2 hours ago, Jesse said:

I'm not sure if that's even a negative thing anymore. He's the exact same size as Russell Wilson and bigger than Kyler Murray.

Both those guys have top end pocket and mobility speed. I dont think 4.74 is gonna cut it at 5'11 to find passing windows.

It would be worth giving him a shot if he continues these types of performances. Low risk high reward.

2 hours ago, bababoey said:

You know this guy up in Canada had over 900 yards receiving in 17 & 18 for Toronto and over 1,000 yards this past year.  I think he has some experience in the NFL, not sure. He has kind of a strange name but for some reason it sounds familiar maybe you know him but I just can't remember.  His name is Armanti Edwards, maybe we should give him a look.

sarcastic sarcasm GIF

Couldn't hurt.

2 hours ago, micnificent28 said:

Any version of cam.

2015:image.jpeg.f622abf589e6554a21341942edae2ac8.jpeg

2018/19:  Image result for cam on crutches newton

I get what you are saying---but this is how Management sees Cam.  Cam has spent half of his current contract on the sideline or playing hurt. 

They are having the same discussion in Pittsburgh, fwiw.  Big Ben has been hit 50% less than Cam over his much longer career, but there is a lot of debate about him moving on.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, bababoey said:

sarcastic sarcasm GIF

Funny---I talked to Armanti Edwards after OTA practice after he was drafted---He was very open.  He told me that he was overwhelmed by the new position (punts/WR) and all the little nuances of route running.  I asked him if Smitty was helping him---he said, "I ain't talked to him too much about it."  Smitty saw all WRs as competition.

That was the draft Marty went Solo.  Remember when Clausen was third team in camp and Fox got pressured to move him up to #2?  I was at the camp in Spartanburg, and Armanti dropped a jugs punt and then Clausen overthrew him.  He made some sarcastic comment to another coach about the rookies.  Of course, Fox was a lame duck at the time.

Edited by MHS831

22 hours ago, Jesse said:

I'm not sure if that's even a negative thing anymore. He's the exact same size as Russell Wilson and bigger than Kyler Murray.

Teams have definitely figured out that height isn't as big of a deal as they used to think it was.  Hand size does matter though, and Russell Wilson's hands are bigger than Joe Flacco's.  They are frickin huge.

• The D 1

Omg!!! I hate this poo!!! Now we're looking at diamond in the rough candidates now... 

I hate  being in the question  mark franchise QB club... 

"Look at this piece of trash maybe he can lead us to a SB"...

Jesus christ..

On 2/17/2020 at 8:34 AM, 4Corners said:

Rock bottom

Exactly what this feels like...

Dumpster diving for a QB.. I hate being near this time...

Obvious landing spot indeed.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

Very prescient of you to spot this possibility, back in February, sir.