Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ncfan

Why we should draft OT

9 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

We're going to have the #1 offense in the NFL in 2020

youresodumb.gif.f2be3f389b09b404b40bd7fe026a3cd8.gif

4 minutes ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Getting the ball out to a weapon quickly stymies a pass rush and greatly helps an offensive line.

That works great on paper, and in practice not so much. No team that's ever had turnstiles at offensive line as ever been able to throw it deep. Hell, they can barely even throw slants, sweeps, drags, bubbles, and screens.

Just now, Madwolf said:

That works great on paper, and in practice not so much. No team that's ever had turnstiles at offensive line as ever been able to throw it deep. Hell, they can barely even throw slants, sweeps, drags, bubbles, and screens.

Stop discounting Greg Little. He's going to be at least as good as DJ Humphries.

1 minute ago, (ATL'ien)CamNewton said:

Stop discounting Greg Little. He's going to be at least as good as DJ Humphries.

Ah yes, a guy with a major concussion history can be counted onto stick around and be the next great LT.

You should be more worried that he doesn't retire after 1 more concussion than him being a great LT.

I understand the thinking on five men in pass protect only, and it makes sense in a way. Can it stand up in the NFL, though?

Forcing the defense into nickle and dime packages for an entire game can wear them down pretty quick and those third and fourth DBs generally drop off faster in coverage than receiver abilities drop off, especially if you consider the receiving weapon that CMC is.

Still, those DEs, LBs and DTs, not to mention blitzing safeties are a lot bigger, faster and smarter than the typical college ones. A lot of the defensive starters Rhule coached against at the collegiate level aren't capable of holding a roster position in the NFL. That's a big, dangerous gamble he's taking.

We're going to need help on the O-line if this is the plan. Our five can't hold off three most times, much less four or more rushers.

For those who are hollering LT, LT, LT. At the 7th pick are the same ones wanting Lawrence next year. Left Tackle will not protect Lawrence's blindside. If you want Lawrence you need to be hollering RT, RT, RT, unless there is another right handed QB you want more..
Fields?... FA?

23 minutes ago, Zorbac said:

For those who are hollering LT, LT, LT. At the 7th pick are the same ones wanting Lawrence next year. Left Tackle will not protect Lawrence's blindside. If you want Lawrence you need to be hollering RT, RT, RT, unless there is another right handed QB you want more..
Fields?... FA?

Wut

5 hours ago, Zorbac said:

Fields?... FA?

Lawrence is right handed. Tua is the lefty.

6 hours ago, Zorbac said:

Fields?... FA?

Lol. One of your first posts in here and you come up with this. Wow, I’m really looking forward to the insights I’ll gain from your next post.

9 hours ago, Zorbac said:

Fields?... FA?

I've watched Lawrence play in 3 games, and I know he's a righty.

Sorry you all are correct I was watching some comparison videos and I just got them mixed up in my thoughts. I'll be more careful next time.

I can see a FA that includes a decent guard signing and a draft with a center of the future.  With a better interior, I think it could benefit the performances of Moton, Daley, and Little whoever is where.