Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
WarPanthers89

Top remaining free agents...who in the world do we sign at CB and DT???

Posted (edited)

The two biggest holes on the team currently is by far CB and DT. Not only do we not have depth, but we only have one starter period at both positions, one being over 30 coming off a season on IR, and the other still developing who was benched at the end of last season. I know the draft is coming up soon, but we must sign a free agent at both positions. With that being said who do you want, and who do you see as the most realistic target? Personally, I would love to have Cockrell back. Not only is he good depth for us, but also able to play safety if needed. 

See the top available free agents below:

94FB378C-AD93-4879-87A5-7430152BE743.jpeg

9FF08960-C21E-4D7F-A676-527B16EC5756.jpeg

A35966BF-A109-4B00-A3E9-319F012C1E4F.jpeg

15274A0F-9E9E-4C31-8CB3-4CEC0A4B4DF7.jpeg

95C3C515-9E15-4D79-A191-B375403AF1F2.jpeg

338633F3-7CC9-4FF7-961A-995608710F25.jpeg

568E447B-D2BA-4891-9EAE-4EF1080B116E.jpeg

Edited by WarPanthers89
  • Pie 2

Depends on the draft..

You get Okudah you can sign a cheaper option at CB.. 

You get Brown you're probably done at DT.. Honestly if you draft 2 DT you're probably done..

With Okudah you probably grab a late round cb prospect then sign Crockrell back and be set at CB...

Posted (edited)

Gimme Trumaine Johnson, he is a long rangy corner. I think he could replace Bradberry pretty well. Plus he wouldn’t affect our comp picks as he was cut.

Edited by shaq
  • Flames 1

We ain't signing nobody else until after the draft when these guys lose even more leverage and have to sign for less.  Cold economics

• Pie 3

Crazy how so many good starting caliber players are still on the market 

• Pie 2

Give me Dennard, Verrett, Snack Harrison and Iuptai if we want to win. Give me Worley, Carr, John Jenkins and no OG if we want a top 3 pick. 

• Poo 1

We are definitely set up to take either OT, DT, or CB in the draft. Probably the highest ranking will be drafted. Then fill holes after. I honestly will be surprised though if we even have a season. C virus is still going to be a problem. 

55 minutes ago, MMA said:

Give me Dennard, Verrett, Snack Harrison and Iuptai if we want to win. Give me Worley, Carr, John Jenkins and no OG if we want a top 3 pick. 

Why do I keep hearing people say Verrett?  You know he has played 1 game since the start of the 2017 season.  Why do you want someone that makes Cam look like the picture of health? 

We're probably going to re-sign Javien Elliott and bring in someone like Aaron Colvin or Kevin Peterson for depth. 

• Beer 1

Build through the draft and undrafted free agents. Let's go young and stay young and cheap on defense. Load up the offense and draft a QB and air it the fug out. Start winning and dominating for once.

• Poo 1

As far as DT, Christian Covington from Dallas and Xavier Williams from KC are still mid/late 20's and offer upside at he position. 

• Flames 1

I would like get Dennard but he may want more than we are willing to pay. He was one of the Cincinnati Bengals' most effective defensive backs in 2019, leading the team in catch rate allowed below expectation at 16.3%, according to NFL Next Gen Stats. Overall, he allowed just 16 completions on 36 targets last season.  Or else ,i would like to see us resign Cockrell if we can get him for the right price and terms.

• Beer 1