Jump to content
Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

    Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
TheSpecialJuan

REPORT: Panthers discussed trading up to #1 for Joe Burrow

Recommended Posts



The Panthers are so out of touch. They did not think Bridgewater would come so cheap...really! It still has not occurred to them that they were bidding against themselves. Bridgewater did not have much of a market because the rest of the NFL saw him for what he is - a back-up.

I remember reading that the Patriots were interested around the time that the likely signing was leaked. What a load. The Patriots quickly stated that they had NO interest in Bridgewater. Rightfully so.

I wish the Panthers would have said the same.

  • Pie 6
  • Beer 1
  • The D 1
  • Poo 17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

The Panthers are so out of touch. They did not think Bridgewater would come so cheap...really! It still has not occurred to them that they were bidding against themselves. Bridgewater did not have much of a market because the rest of the NFL saw him for what he is - a back-up.

I remember reading that the Patriots were interested around the time that the likely signing was leaked. What a load. The Patriots quickly stated that they had NO interest in Bridgewater. Rightfully so.

I wish the Panthers would have said the same.

Apparently Cam doesn’t have much of a market either.. so.. Bridgewater is your QB!! This a defense rebuild!! Possibly draft a QBs next year!! Cuz they know it probably won’t be a great record!! 

  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DamnItJake! said:

Apparently Cam doesn’t have much of a market either.. so.. Bridgewater is your QB!! This a defense rebuild!! Possibly draft a QBs next year!! Cuz they know it probably won’t be a great record!! 

This is exactly why the Panthers should not have signed Bridgewater. I had no problem with a rebuild. I was ready to take my lumps. So why waste cap space and delay true competitiveness at least one more year.

  • Pie 8
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

The Panthers are so out of touch. They did not think Bridgewater would come so cheap...really! It still has not occurred to them that they were bidding against themselves. Bridgewater did not have much of a market because the rest of the NFL saw him for what he is - a back-up.

I remember reading that the Patriots were interested around the time that the likely signing was leaked. What a load. The Patriots quickly stated that they had NO interest in Bridgewater. Rightfully so.

I wish the Panthers would have said the same.

I’m holding judgements on Teddy. I expect a much more solid offense next year with a young innovative coach, and a QB in Teddy who won’t turn the ball over (which is what killed us at the end of last season on offense, Allen’s fumbles and INTs made my mind explode.). He has also proven that he can effectively operate and win with the offense we are setting up. We have a lot more skilled position players than last year, and we are one guard away from having a solid line. Next season I think we will see the offense grow, hopefully see playmakers emerge from our group other than CMC, and if things don’t work out, we are not in cap hell because of the contract. The defense is a year away, but if we just get solid QB play and he doesn’t turn the ball over like Allen, I think we can compete on offense.

 

  • Pie 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no clickbait about this thread - just confirming people that tried to connect dots with Brady-Burrow, and honestly, what most teams in the top-10 that need a QB probably are doing or did do.

I too thought Teddy was going to get between $25-30M in FA and was surprised at what we got him for. Doesn't speak about Teddy as much as it does him probably wanting to come here and re-link up with Brady and play his former team twice a year. 

Glad we didn't pull the trigger....seems like a Hurney move.

  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, WarPanthers89 said:

I’m holding judgements on Teddy. I expect a much more solid offense next year with a young innovative coach, and a QB in Teddy who won’t turn the ball over (which is what killed us at the end of last season on offense, Allen’s fumbles and INTs made my mind explode.). He has also proven that he can effectively operate and win with the offense we are setting up. We have a lot more skilled position players than last year, and we are one guard away from having a solid line. Next season I think we will see the offense grow, hopefully see playmakers emerge from our group other than CMC, and if things don’t work out, we are not in cap hell because of the contract. The defense is a year away, but if we just get solid QB play and he doesn’t turn the ball over like Allen, I think we can compete on offense.

 

First and foremost I am a Panthers fan. I would love to be wrong. In fact, I would rather be wrong especially if it meant the Panthers were a true contender.

Sadly, I suspect that Bridgewater's best case scenario is a couple more wins than Allen. However, the one time a few more wins is a bad thing is when it gets you lower draft choices while you remain relatively noncompetitive. It sets you back. 

Time will tell.

 

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, we were probably trying to trade something like Teddy, Samuel and Jackson for the first overall pick. Marty would think that would be good enough for the Bengals. He is the only fool to believe that could work. 

  • Pie 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

This is exactly why the Panthers should not have signed Bridgewater. I had no problem with a rebuild. I was ready to take my lumps. So why waste cap space and delay true competitiveness at least one more year.

TB is a game manager who makes smart decisions and is familiar with Brady's system. Maybe Rhule feels Teddy can worst case, provide a glimpse into our offense's future and best case, flourish while earning the chance to lead this team. The contract we signed him to isn't ridiculous and structured so that we have options down the road. I'm sure Rhule and Brady want to know if Moore, Samuel, Anderson, Thomas, etc. are the right guys to grow with this team. Allen and Grier made it pretty clear that they are not the QBs to help us evaluate our system/players. Look on the bright side friend. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, FakePlasticTrees said:

This is exactly why the Panthers should not have signed Bridgewater. I had no problem with a rebuild. I was ready to take my lumps. So why waste cap space and delay true competitiveness at least one more year.

What kind of production would Teddy have to put up in order for you to come on here and admit you were wrong and misjudged his ability and potential?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to laugh at you all when we win the Super bowl this year or at least the simulation SB.

  • Pie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I assume they discussed it in the same breath that Joe Exotic discussed running for president. 

Edited by Jesse
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RASTAN66 said:

What kind of production would Teddy have to put up in order for you to come on here and admit you were wrong and misjudged his ability and potential?

 

I would have to be convinced that he can be a franchise QB. The truth of the matter is that the most TDs that Bridgewater has thrown in a season is 14. The greatest predictor of the future is the past.  I do not think there is a magic number but 14 TDs is not getting it done....probably not even in 1975.

You can recognize a franchise QB when you see them. They elevate the game of those around them and can make all of the throws so that defenses are kept honest. IMHO, this does not describe Bridgewater at all. In fact, he has always been the hostage of a good defense (something the Panthers do not have) by which I mean he needs a defense to keep teams under 20 points for him to be competitive. Rather than making those around him better, he requires others to make him competitive..not a defining characteristic of  a franchise QB.

If memory serves, Bridgewater was dead last or close to it yards per attempt. Game manager is the perfect description of Bridgewater. However, that is not how you want your franchise QB to be described. You want your franchise QB to win games for you and not simple be a guy that will not lose games for you.

As I have said numerous times, I really do hope I am wrong because that means the Panthers are winning and the future is bright. I would rather be wrong and happy than right and frustrated and/or angry.:)

 

 

  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...