Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
Anybodyhome

USS Theodore Roosevelt CO Relieved

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

I saw a lot of stuff during my 20 years in the Navy, some never meant for public consumption and some best left unsaid. But, I can unequivocally say that I have never even heard of nor could I ever imagine something like this happening in the Navy I served in.

A civilian political appointee and the acting secretary of the navy calling a senior United States Navy Captain, Commanding Officer of a $4.5B warship which is probably the most powerful weapon in the world, Commanding Officer of a crew with squadrons embarked which totals over 5,000 sailors, "stupid" and "naive" ranks right up there with Trump making disparaging remarks about John McCain as a POW.

Pretty sure that if I were the Command Master Chief, I would have told this guy after making those comments to get the fug off my ship.

Fug them all. Fug this entire administration.

They should have thrown him in the brig indefinitely. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/7/2020 at 9:55 AM, Anybodyhome said:

I saw a lot of stuff during my 20 years in the Navy, some never meant for public consumption and some best left unsaid. But, I can unequivocally say that I have never even heard of nor could I ever imagine something like this happening in the Navy I served in.

A civilian political appointee and the acting secretary of the navy calling a senior United States Navy Captain, Commanding Officer of a $4.5B warship which is probably the most powerful weapon in the world, Commanding Officer of a crew with squadrons embarked which totals over 5,000 sailors, "stupid" and "naive" ranks right up there with Trump making disparaging remarks about John McCain as a POW.

Pretty sure that if I were the Command Master Chief, I would have told this guy after making those comments to get the fug off my ship.

Fug them all. Fug this entire administration.

Agree with this. The CO violated the chain of chain of command, but for the acting secnav to publicly call the captain stupid was asinine.   Yet another Grump appointee failed at his job.  I would imagine that Grump holds the record for losing the most appointees of any administration in US history. Probably what he gets for valuing personality loyalty (aka a$$ kissing) over competence.  Glad he did the right thing and resigned.  Now if Grump would just follow his example.  

Edited by Davidson Deac II
  • Pie 1

On 4/5/2020 at 12:17 PM, Davidson Deac II said:

The skipper was fired because he wrote a letter and cc'd a bunch of people that were not in his chain of command.  Right or wrong, doing so will get you fired most of the time, regardless of who the president is.  Or at very least, officially adominished.  

Interestingly enough, the ship's namesake actually had a similar issue.  Teddy Roosevelt wrote a similar letter detailing his troops affliction with Malaria.  In part due to his hero status at the time, he wasn't relieved of command, but he did have a medal of honor award blocked.   

On 4/7/2020 at 5:45 AM, Wes21 said:

Its almost like there are rules against leaking stuff like this.

Bruh

1 hour ago, Gazi said:

Bruh

Sad but doesn't change anything I said.  If you take heavy casualties attacking something, and you go outside of the chain of command to complain about it, you run the risk of getting fired.  You write a letter about the handling of the virus, and it goes outside of the chain of command, you run the risk of getting fired.  It ain't new.  

10 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

Sad but doesn't change anything I said.  If you take heavy casualties attacking something, and you go outside of the chain of command to complain about it, you run the risk of getting fired.  You write a letter about the handling of the virus, and it goes outside of the chain of command, you run the risk of getting fired.  It ain't new.  

You also run the risk of getting your men attacked, which is one of the motivations for having a rule like that to begin with.  In trying to "save his men," he put his men at risk.

Well, the Navy has recommended Crozier be reinstated. He has Covid himself now.