Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
TheSpecialJuan

Rapoport: Panthers waive RB

@RapSheet
Some transactions today: The #Seahawks cut DT Nazair Jones and the #Panthers RB Marcus Murphy, who last started a game with the #Bills in 2018.

NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
MARCUS MURPHYRB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
10603.jpg

Panthers waived RB Marcus Murphy.

Murphy was signed on a futures deal back in December. The last time he touched the ball was in 2018 with the Bills, taking 52 carries for 250 yards. The Panthers are still quite thin at running back behind Christian McCaffrey.

Slightly off topic but I hope Jordan Scarlett gets some action this year.  I had high hopes for him around this time last year.

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, MMA said:

Cut Mike Davis

How does someone poo this post? Mike Davis shouldn’t be on the roster. WTF we still have him on a $3M for the year is beyond me. Do the right thing and cut him so he can find a job for the year. If we waste money on a guy who shouldn’t be getting any carries over Scarlett or Bonnafon then we as fans should be pissed. We paid him over $400k for 2 yards last year. We paid him $5,719 per inch. We don’t need to even bother acting like he’ll be on the roster.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

16 minutes ago, stbugs said:

How does someone poo this post? Mike Davis shouldn’t be on the roster. WTF we still have him on a $3M for the year is beyond me. Do the right thing and cut him so he can find a job for the year. If we waste money on a guy who shouldn’t be getting any carries over Scarlett or Bonnafon then we as fans should be pissed. We paid him over $400k for 2 yards last year. We paid him $5,719 per inch. We don’t need to even bother acting like he’ll be on the roster.

Silly st, dont you know Davis is going to replace CMC cause he got injured. Then Davis will have the one of best seasons for RBs. Marty will tag him and sign him to top ten deal. History repeats its self! 

• Pie 1

Wonder who they are making room for

20 hours ago, jfra78 said:

Wonder who they are making room for

I would imagine a CB 

• Pie 1

20 hours ago, stbugs said:

I love the myth out there that Scarlett is good.  Had we not drafted him last year he wouldn’t have been drafted.  He wasn’t good at Florida and I don’t really see him being on anyone’s 53.  Bonnafon on the other hand is our number 2 RB, so it really doesn’t matter who number 3 is.   Davis has a lot of talent and can catch pretty well though.  He seems to fit joe Brady’s offense, so maybe that’s why they’ve held on to him.

20 hours ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

Roster currently at 89 

It's a sign...

STEVE SMITH IS COMING BACK! :tongue:

Dre Kirkpatrick for two paperclips and a shoelace.