Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Sign in to follow this  
LegioX

So what’s going to happen if a player tests positive during “season”

7 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

85k out of 330 million, that’s a 0.0285% death rate. Say you have 20.00 and you lost 0.0285%, you would still have $19.998 left

What a stupid analogy and strange thing to say. How embarrassing for you. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 2

46 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

Don’t trust a word that rat weasel Fauci says. I’m still waiting for Armageddon to happen to Georgia for re opening too early, been nealy 3 weeks now and disaster didn’t ensue

Keep ignoring Fauci and going out there. Natural selection at it's finest.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 2

14 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

What a stupid analogy and strange thing to say. How embarrassing for you. 

The reason you can't fix stupid is because they don't know they are stupid and believe everything they say is true.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

43 minutes ago, PanthersNC1984 said:

85k out of 330 million, that’s a 0.0285% death rate. Say you have 20.00 and you lost 0.0285%, you would still have $19.998 left

With logical abilities like this, I can understand your confusion.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

If they could test an entire team and be sure they clear (including staff, trainers, and camp fodder), they aren't going to let them leave just so they can test them again tomorrow. Once you're in, you stay in.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Go ahead and go about life as normal without wearing a mask and no efforts to socially distance. Encourage others to do the same. See what happens.

The reason they don't want to come out and flat out say that we're going to see a lull over the summer because COVID-19 is significantly less contagious in warmer weather is because we NEED that lull to actually happen and to get it we need people not to be idiots. We need people to wears masks and we need them to practice social distancing. If we don't get that lull over the summer, next fall and winter are gonna be ugly. It's kind of like how early on they were saying wearing masks won't help. It was to be able to better secure supplies of masks for healthcare workers who needed them a lot worse than the average person. Unfortunately, that was a mistake. You don't do yourself any favors by telling outright lies like that and while the reasoning behind it was a good strategy (preserve PPE equipment for healthcare workers), the execution of it (flat out lying) wasn't thought out well at all.

You have no idea how bad it will be in the fall. If your reasoning is the cooler weather than look at Australia who is going through their fall from March through May. Their numbers are incredibly low. You have no basis for saying fall and winter will be ugly.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Bronn said:

"He's in the protocol."

And just like they are able to skirt the concussion process, I'm sure the Pats will find a way for positive COVID guys to keep playing.

• Pie 1

Something also not really mentioned; these players and staff would have to isolate from their families and friends for the entire season. No physical contact with their kids, wives, parents, etc.  not fair. 

3 minutes ago, CPFanatic said:

You have no idea how bad it will be in the fall. If your reasoning is the cooler weather than look at Australia who is going through their fall from March through May. Their numbers are incredibly low. You have no basis for saying fall and winter will be ugly.

I could point you toward multiple studies that conclude that COVID is much less contagious in warmer temperatures, but that wouldn't matter.

I could point out that cold/flu season (which COVID closely mirrors in terms of optimal temperature for transmission) generally runs from June-September in Australia, but that wouldn't matter either.

Believe what you want to believe, you will anyway. That's the thing about beliefs, data and logic rarely change them because they were never based on that to begin with.

• Flames 1

17 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

Something also not really mentioned; these players and staff would have to isolate from their families and friends for the entire season. No physical contact with their kids, wives, parents, etc.  not fair. 

And if the season happens with those requirements, older players with families might have more reason to retire instead of playing one more year.  Hello Crabman Winston, new starter of the Saints.

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

This is a terrible opinion. MRSA is not Covid-19. 

if this stuff isn’t under control by September (it won’t be), and they proceed with the season - if a player tests positive, players and teams will be quarantined and they will just end up where the NBA is now. What if Russell Wilson tests positive the night before a game? Also, despite what we are being told by the White House, there aren’t enough tests for everyone (right now) and testing is still an issue. It is unethical and wrong to frivolously test players 5x a week when there are citizens who need those tests. 

I think college football is in serious danger of being cancelled soon, but I do think the NFL is going to push forward and try to play games ultimately to have players testing positive and the season will be suspended or cancelled. 

I don’t see it as an awful comparison but far be it from me to be the judge, jury and executioner. I’m just saying NFL teams will put an emphasis on making the environment as sterile as possible, just as they did with the MRSA breakout. If there’s going to be football that’s about as much as they can do. Maybe I didn’t make that clear enough in my first post. 

42 minutes ago, CPFanatic said:

Please don't compare our/aus response to covid to what the US has rolled out. I hate our pm but he made the tough call mid March and we are only partially lifting some restrictions now. Even with how low the numbers are we have some significant restrictions in place and rumor has they will be for months. 

FInally some footy codes are looking at starting back up with no crowds allowed. Think about the numbers in US vs Aus and still no crowds allowed at the footy? No chance unless US's basically disappear by July. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, LegioX said:

Will everybody be quarantined including teams that they have played? Seems it gonna be a slippery slope if something like this happens if NFL has a season.

public execution  

Thank God the NFL already wears face masks.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, AndrewLaskoski said:

If I'm remembering correctly the Bucs had an issue with MRSA a few years back. I'd assume it'd be similar to what happened there. A lot more attention to cleaning, hope only a small percentage test positive, and proceed cautiously. The NFL is too big to just cancel the season without at least trying. It's just like any other business dealing with risk. NFL will try lowering costs elsewhere so those funds can be put towards addressing the risk that is COVID-19.

Maybe drew brees will stop licking his hands before ball snap 

seriously though,. Football is a collision and physically touch sport 

I want it to go on too but I don’t want a player on a respirator 

• Beer 1