Carolina Huddle
  • Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

So ... it looks like the name is going away.

EcApAbVXYAc184D?format=jpg&name=large

What would you name the squad?

Posted (edited)

Washington fightin’ Bankrupted Postal Services

Washington Clorox Cocktails 

Washington draft dodgers 

Edited by 4Corners
  • Pie 1

Ron's thinking seems to be evolving.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/06/30/ron-rivera-says-redskins-name-debate-is-discussion-another-time/

........“do you think your football team’s name should change?”

I think that’s a discussion for another time,” Rivera said in his first public comments about the name, which the dictionary defines as a racial slur. “I feel a guy that’s my age, my era, you know, that was always part of football, the name of the Washington Redskins.”

A host then asked Rivera, who played nine seasons as a linebacker for the Chicago Bears from 1984 to 1992, to clarify what he meant by “another time.” After all, the monument to founding owner George Preston Marshall, a segregationist, was removed from the grounds outside RFK Stadium this month, and the team renamed the lower bowl at FedEx Field, formerly called the George Preston Marshall Level, in honor of Bobby Mitchell.

Regarding the name, which owner Daniel Snyder has vowed to never change, D.C. Mayor Muriel E. Bowser (D) recently said it was “past time for the team to deal with what offends so many people.”

“I think it’s all about the moment and the timing,” Rivera said. “But I’m just somebody that’s from a different era, when football wasn’t such a big part of the political scene. That’s one of the tough things for me, too, is I’ve always wanted to try to keep that separate. People have wanted me to get involved in politics while I was coaching, and I kept telling them, ‘It’s not for me to get up there and influence people.’ I have my beliefs. I know what I think. I support the movements, support the players. I believe in what they’re doing. Again, I think there are certain elements to certain things that’s all about the timing and the best time to discuss those things.”

The Washington Indigenous People.

Thank you Nike and FedEx. Now we get to watch their idiot owner come up with a name we can all laugh at. I hope it is very Snyderish.

Washington Hemorrhoids

• Pie 2