Carolina Huddle
Sign in to follow this  
Martin

Deni Avdija article

Here is a part of Rick Bonell’s article which I found interesting. I don’t know much about him:

Mitch Kupchak is right: If there is an obvious most-talented player when the Charlotte Hornets draft third, they must take him regardless of position.

Trouble is, there’s nothing obvious about the 2020 NBA draft class. It isn’t clear who is the No. 1 player, so it sure won’t be clear when the Hornets pick No. 3 the night of Oct. 16.

Here’s my humble suggestion: Strongly consider Israeli pro Deni Avdija. He has that star potential this roster so lacks, and he would quickly impact in ways the Hornets are weak.

Avdija (pronounced “Ahvdeeya”) is a 6-foot-8 wing. He’d score, but much more. While he is 19, he has played two seasons in the pros for Maccabi Tel Aviv. He has already shown a feel for the sport — the decision-making with the ball, a knack for breaking down defenses — that the Hornets so lack.

I won’t call him Luka-Lite, but he has some of those skills Luka Doncic excels at with the Dallas Mavericks. He is a connector: The player the Hornets hoped they had in Nic Batum, but aggressive in the way Batum hasn’t been.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/article245132625.html

He is a Saric, Milo clone.. He is no where near Luka lite and would be another wasted attempt on a foreign player here. 

Posted (edited)

Pretty sure Bonnell cant get through an article without mentioned Batum.  Annoying 

If he wants this guy we need to stay the hell away

Remember how he spent like 4 years praising how great Josh McRoberts is.... the same guy who is living in complete anonymity these day.

Edited by Shocker