Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
Jeremy Igo

Tepper talks layoffs and the reasons behind them.

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

All Panther fans pony up some cash and let's buy this franchise back ala Greenbay before it's a laughing stock.

Go fund me?

It would cost every citizen of Charlotte $2500 to come up with the $2.2B Tepper paid for the Panthers. Tepper's net worth divided among all 875k Charlotte citizens would be roughly $15,000 per person.

I'm pretty sure the NFL owners put measures in place to not allow another GB situation. They want complete control over the members of their club. 

• Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

It would cost every citizen of Charlotte $2500 to come up with the $2.2B Tepper paid for the Panthers. Tepper's net worth divided among all 875k Charlotte citizens would be roughly $15,000 per person.

I'm pretty sure the NFL owners put measures in place to not allow another GB situation. They want complete control over the members of their club. 

Given that the NFL pretty much bent over backwards to hand the Panthers to Tepper, it'd take something major to oust him.

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Got my $2500 whenever we're ready. I think after 2-3yrs of this guy we'll all pony up.

44 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I thought it was pretty clear you were being supportive.

Yeah that seems like some weird attempt to talk poo to me. Seems about right for my first post in four or five months. Good to see y'all are still the same. 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, bull123 said:

He is all about performance & winning

Which if we're winning, I don't care if our whole organization is full of assholes when it comes to competing.  Look at the Patriots lol.  We just have to start the winning part.

• Beer 2

33 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I go back to the stuff we read about him when he was looking at buying the team.

There were definitely some things that could give you pause.

Weird guy...just my gut feeling.

Part of that feeling is his "feeling" for Rhule...you know...because he's a PA guy.  That's strange.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Weird guy...just my gut feeling.

Part of that feeling is his "feeling" for Rhule...you know...because he's a PA guy.  That's strange.

I understand "having a feeling", but my "feelings" get a lot better when somebody has a proven track record.

With Matt Rhule, I'd feel a lot better if his accomplishments had occurred somewhere like Ohio State or Georgia. It's similar to how I feel when we draft an offensive lineman from West Mudbuck University vs a guy from, say, Nebraska or Oklahoma.

Again, high hopes, but skeptical until I can see some results.

• Beer 2
  • Poo 1

16 hours ago, bull123 said:

Jones is a tool...Tepper answered the question & Jones didn’t like his answer so he acted like an a$$

typical media...Jones has always thought he was the story

Fug that. When the richest guy in the league is talking about how difficult of a decision it was to lay off twice as employees as any other owner it's a perfectly valid question. Jones is a journalist not a team publicist.

• Pie 2
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, MechaZain said:

Fug that. When the richest guy in the league is talking about how difficult of a decision it was to lay off twice as employees as any other owner it's a perfectly valid question. Jones is a journalist not a team publicist.

bull123 worships rich people and will cape for them in any circumstance. 

Is there any evidence of other teams laying off employees? Maybe the layoff was already scheduled or needed, and he was holding off as long as he could?

• Beer 1

To be quite honest though....he may know very little of what all is going on with the troops on the ground.

I know a few folks with net worth in the B's...I can tell you that they hire people under them to run their businesses, and they trust them.  If an accountant comes to them and says we need to lay off some folks....their answer may be why?  But that's about it.  The ones I know would likely try to find another spot for them to work...but may not.

Not making excuses, but usually the guys with B's in front of their net worth don't really know all the in's and out's of the day to day business.

That said, he's not a great speaker, we have seen that a few times now.

Edited by thefuzz
  • Poo 1

I am still not sure if most people should care about this at all. I care because I consider some of the folks that got let go to be friends. 

But nothing that happened had to do with actual football. None of it will have an impact on games. It is all behind the scenes stuff that gets shuffled around with each new regime. Such is the way with literally every other business out there. New owners, new people. 

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, MechaZain said:

jones is an angry biased guy looking to make a name for himself...always has been

Edited by bull123
  • Flames 1