Carolina Huddle
Jeremy Igo

Chicago Bears at Carolina Panthers - Matchup and Discussion

13 hours ago, hepcat said:

From reading their message boards, they've all drank the kool-ade and think they are a Superbowl contender. They play the Rams, Saints, and Titans in the weeks after the Panthers. They're about to come back to earth very quickly. They're about the luckiest team in the NFL right now. They're a Detroit RB drop and an Atlanta meltdown from being 2-3. 

Falcons didn’t meltdown. The Bears awoke from a slumber with Foles. The Falcons were completely dominated in the 2nd half.

Lions game was some luck but a bad QB brought them back. That says a lot about the rest of the squad. 

No Bears fan sees this team as a SB contender. Proof? 

• Poo 1

11 hours ago, bull123 said:

YGM and burns didn’t practice today...we need them both on the field

donte at least out there today...we may have him for his regular 1st quarter appearance before he goes down

I thought no one practices today due to the contact with a player having covid on the falcons ? Maybe I misunderstood the other thread

6 hours ago, Bearswin said:

Falcons didn’t meltdown. The Bears awoke from a slumber with Foles. The Falcons were completely dominated in the 2nd half.

Lions game was some luck but a bad QB brought them back. That says a lot about the rest of the squad. 

No Bears fan sees this team as a SB contender. Proof? 

Proof? Here you go. Text from a die hard bears fan with season tickets and lives in the heart chicago:

EEB26799-AD46-4474-B89C-494AD0D68BAD.png

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I thought no one practices today due to the contact with a player having covid on the falcons ? Maybe I misunderstood the other thread

no indoor activities, masks worn during outdoor practice

• Pie 1

39 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Proof? Here you go. Text from a die hard bears fan with season tickets and lives in the heart chicago:

EEB26799-AD46-4474-B89C-494AD0D68BAD.png

This text says they don’t see themselves as Super Bowl contenders. 

16 minutes ago, Varking said:

This text says they don’t see themselves as Super Bowl contenders. 

Maybe I misread this comment above. I thought it was a sarcastic comment about how all bears think they are a SB team.

I need coffee....

Edited by TheCasillas

NFL fugged us a bit with this two game stretch. 

We get the bears coming off a Thursday night game (mini bye) and the saints coming off their full bye. 

35 minutes ago, Pantherxtreme said:

Man I hope Burns can play, I'm certain our defense will shut down the Bears passing attack if he plays. 

if he is in the protocol we can forget it...hope we have him for saints game

On 10/14/2020 at 9:03 AM, LinvilleGorge said:

It probably comes down to which version of Nick Foles shows up. He can be very good, but he can also be very bad. If we can pressure him early, that would bode well for us. If we can't and he gets in rhythm that would not bode well for us.

Revisiting this, if Burns is out that does not bode well for us 

I was confident we would win the last 3 weeks even though were underdogs in all three.

This game has me a little nervous, not because I think Chicago is better than those other squads, but because of the injuries we have across the dline. Short is gone,  Gross Matos hurting, Burns in protocol.

Foles is streaky, but if we're unable to put pressure on him he's the type of Qb that can light you up. 

If there is any week we need our offense to step up it's this one. 

Edited by Pantherxtreme

1 hour ago, imminent rogaine said:

Predicting that Tre Boston will have his signature break back up field to jump in front of the WR. Pick 6. 

It’s either that or a missed tackle...No in between.

• Pie 2

On 10/14/2020 at 5:55 AM, t96 said:

Often times it's better to be lucky than good... We're going to need to be on point and win the turnover battle this game. It's definitely our toughest test so far.

The Bucs are a SB contender and the Raiders just beat the defending champs. The Bears and their revolving door QB dysfunction is not our toughest test. Solid team. Will be a tough game though since we’re not world beaters this year 

Its going to be tough to win if Burns, YGM, Jackson are all out. Need the offense to kick ass against one of the toughest D's they will face all season