Carolina Huddle

Captain Morgan

Burns not wearing the green jersey today

Sports Radio WFNZ

@wfnz
· 36m
Eli Apple was in a green non-contact jersey. Brian Burns did not have a green jersey on anymore.
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Good sign. Still not counting on him playing Sunday but obviously very good news there.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, t96 said:

Good sign. Still not counting on him playing Sunday but obviously very good news there.

He's playing, 100%....not sure why you think otherwise?

Just now, therealmjl said:

I may be wrong but I don't think just being out of the green jersey and participating in practice in a likely limited capacity means he's fully cleared the concussion protocols. Pretty sure for some of those concussions Luke had he practiced for days/weeks before finally being ready to come back and play. I hope you're right, but still not expecting it.

• Pie 2

YGM was not at practice so he is almost certainly out Sunday.

Why are both and hurt and what's wrong with them? If we lose three starters on that line we are toast.

1 minute ago, RumHam said:

Why are both and hurt and what's wrong with them? If we lose three starters on that line we are toast.

YGM is an ankle problem. Probably a lingering injuries, those are bitches. Burns was a possible concussion, but that looks to have been not so bad. Although that hit was pretty damn bad. 

Just now, nctarheelreincarnated said:

YGM is an ankle problem. Probably a lingering injuries, those are bitches. Burns was a possible concussion, but that looks to have been not so bad. Although that hit was pretty damn bad. 

mild concussion, we need him out there. Foles is lead feet. he better play.

Yea when they threw out the C word I assumed Burns would be out multiple games. Hope he’s ok and able to play, YGM out numerous games is gonna hurt, if Burns is out too we can kiss our pass rush goodbye. 

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Posted the following in another thread yesterday on the issue: 

https://www.sportscasting.com/nfl-concussion-protocol-explained-how-does-it-work/

I think it’s a reason to be optimistic. Based on the above, I’d say he’s likely at the step right before being cleared (position Specific training minus contact activities) given he’s out there with a helmet. There are quite a few steps before: stretching only, then medically supervised light aerobic, then cardio then strength training. Then they can do position specific minus contact.

The last step is the team clearing the player to return and the team’s neurotrauma expert concurring. Based on the speed of progression, seems possible they put him through the protocol out of an abundance of caution. I’d bet tomorrow we’ll have our answer.”

It’s not 100% clear from the article whether returning to contact and the neurotrauma expert’s concurrence are simultaneous, but reason would suggest as much before returning to contact. I believe the fact that he’s been cleared for contact most likely means he’s cleared to play barring some bizarre setback. 

1 hour ago, therealmjl said:

Because we listen to the coaches. When they have doubt it's logical to  think otherwise. He might play but it's not certain.

Edited by Moo Daeng

1 hour ago, t96 said:

I may be wrong but I don't think just being out of the green jersey and participating in practice in a likely limited capacity means he's fully cleared the concussion protocols. Pretty sure for some of those concussions Luke had he practiced for days/weeks before finally being ready to come back and play. I hope you're right, but still not expecting it.

From what I recall you had to go limited in practice then full contact and not show any residual symptoms after each step in the process. I would think he would have to be a gametime decision and then easing him back into a game if he plays. Seems caution is the watch word these days.

Haynes has been serviceable. him a Burns should generate pressure

Edited by ncsfinest21

1 hour ago, t96 said:

Final injury report and The Panthers website says he is expected to play.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

We really need him to play this game if he is ready to go.