Carolina Huddle

Sign in to follow this  
bLACKpANTHER

Wiseman won't make it to #3

17 hours ago, bull123 said:

id take the kid from dayton if wiseman & edwards are gone...want no part of ball...he has gerald henderson written all over him

Kid from Dayton seems like another "safe" pick. I'm good on him.

Hendo at least had a jumper. Ball doesn't even have that at this point. 

Wiseman doesn’t want to play for Minnesota. Warriors and Hornets seem to love Wiseman and many other guys. I think that a lot of it has to do with blowing smoke. MJ was seen talking with Edwards at his workout. Haven’t really heard anything yet about Edwards and the Hornets. I would say that Edwards is probably the guy the Hornets are after. Possibly even Obi Toppin if Edwards and Wiseman are gone. 

More and more rumors are out about the Hornets wanting Wiseman. I’m really praying that Kup isn’t too stupid in trading next year’s 1st rounder to move up for Wiseman. I’ll be pretty upset if that happen. 

I feel like it would be for the best if he goes #1. The Hornets are not really in a position to be burning future draft picks.

I just don’t see how the Hornets can afford to take a gamble on an unsure thing. Giving away future 1st rd picks is suicide if the guy is not sure fire elite. They have to know that. 

• Beer 1

Latest update I read from ESPN+ insider, or whatever its called, is that Ball is rumored to go #1, either to the Wolves or a team trading up for him at #1.  Said we've only been linked to/interested in the concensus top 3 guys (Edwards, Wiseman, Ball) and no one else...  said Edwards hurt his stock with his broadcasted workout on 29th and was showed up by Maxey at his own workout.  Also, said Williams from Fla St. is quickly rising up many draft boards, with some projecting him as high as #4 right now.

• Beer 2

4 hours ago, Proudiddy said:

Latest update I read from ESPN+ insider, or whatever its called, is that Ball is rumored to go #1, either to the Wolves or a team trading up for him at #1.  Said we've only been linked to/interested in the concensus top 3 guys (Edwards, Wiseman, Ball) and no one else...  said Edwards hurt his stock with his broadcasted workout on 29th and was showed up by Maxey at his own workout.  Also, said Williams from Fla St. is quickly rising up many draft boards, with some projecting him as high as #4 right now.

Yep. Saw that as well. Hoping it works out for us one way or another. 

Warriors get:

Miles Bridges

No. 3 pick

Hornets get:

No. 2 pick

Jordan Poole

saw this on cbs sports...would you?

2 minutes ago, bull123 said:

Warriors get:

Miles Bridges

No. 3 pick

Hornets get:

No. 2 pick

Jordan Poole

Nope.  Not big on Miles, but I would suspect there is a better deal for him than a pick swap to move up one draft spot.  And, I really think this top 3 are all pretty close in terms of potential, so no need.

• Beer 2

1 hour ago, bull123 said:

Warriors get:

Miles Bridges

No. 3 pick

Hornets get:

No. 2 pick

Jordan Poole

Just saw that too. We’d be stupid to move up 1 spot and give up Bridges. 

Hornets need to stay put and take the best available player. It appears that they are getting freaked out about losing out on Wiseman. 

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, TikTOK said:

Hornets need to stay put and take the best available player. It appears that they are getting freaked out about losing out on Wiseman. 

I don't think the T-Wolves getting Lamelo is a smoke screen. I think it's legit. 

Also, there are rumors that GS is enamored with Anthony Edwards. Either way, I think we're getting Weisman or Edwards in this Draft. 

6 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

I don't think the T-Wolves getting Lamelo is a smoke screen. I think it's legit. 

Also, there are rumors that GS is enamored with Anthony Edwards. Either way, I think we're getting Weisman or Edwards in this Draft. 

That’s what I think too. I think that Minnesota will take Ball and the Warriors will choose between Edwards, Deni or Obi. It’s all smoke at this time trying to see if a team will trade up and give them some assets. My concern is that Minnesota and Warriors might have been able to do just enough to get the Hornets to trade up.  At the end of the day, this is still a Michael Jordan’s Charlotte Hornets team. 

13 minutes ago, TikTOK said:

That’s what I think too. I think that Minnesota will take Ball and the Warriors will choose between Edwards, Deni or Obi. It’s all smoke at this time trying to see if a team will trade up and give them some assets. My concern is that Minnesota and Warriors might have been able to do just enough to get the Hornets to trade up.  At the end of the day, this is still a Michael Jordan’s Charlotte Hornets team. 

I think Jordan is finally letting the personnel decisions to Mitch. Because Mitch picked Graham, which I do not believe is a Jordan pick. Shrugs. 

3 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

I think Jordan is finally letting the personnel decisions to Mitch. Because Mitch picked Graham, which I do not believe is a Jordan pick. Shrugs. 

I hope that’s the case. But, we haven’t had a pick this high since Cody Zeller at 4 in 2013. Getting the #3 pick this year could make MJ act stupid. We would be right back to we’re we are now as a franchise if we trade our 2021 1st rounder protected or not. And, I really don’t want to trade away Miles or Monk to Move up a spot or two. We need to trade our old guys like Zeller and Batum. Even a Terry Rozier, but not the young core.