Carolina Huddle

nctarheelreincarnated

Shams: Charlotte is looking into getting Westbrook. Also, shoot me.

1 hour ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

DO NOT TRADE #3 or NEXT YEARS FIRST ROUNDER (LOADED DRAFT)

Honestly whatever they want they are going to have to take back Batum with it.

My offer looks like this:  Terry Rozier, Batum and both 2nd rounders this year. Still drafting Edwards or Okongwu if they are there.

Batum would drop off the books 2 years before Westbrook plus they get a young point.  Thats the deal.

Westbrooks contract is pretty terrible tbh but he is obviously still very good.

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 2

As long as we don’t give up any draft picks or young prospects, at which point why would the Rockets do it.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

As long as we don’t give up any draft picks or young prospects, at which point why would the Rockets do it.

He wants out of Houston and his contract is gigantic.  Salary dump basically.

Edited by Shocker

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

I just figure they can get some return out of him from somebody. A team who feels they’re a piece away may feel he is worth giving up a mid to low first or something along those lines, at the very least a second. With where we are as a franchise I don’t even want to give up a second round pick for him.

• Pie 2

15 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

Rockets would do it because he’s mostly an ass hole. 

38 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

I just figure they can get some return out of him from somebody. A team who feels they’re a piece away may feel he is worth giving up a mid to low first or something along those lines, at the very least a second. With where we are as a franchise I don’t even want to give up a second round pick for him.

Thats fair...he is on the decline and for us to make this move it has to be an amazing deal and include Batum.  Period.

If we give up a first rounder for him this franchise is lost and ridiculous.  Cant do that.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

Well there is some “sources” on twitter that he doesn't want to come here anyway.  Fine, saves us from doing something stupid here.

• Pie 4

I'm sick of the Hornets going after other teams' sloppy seconds stars. Westbrook, Howard, Lin, Lance, Big Al, Rozier, etc. Either go after a legit superstar or draft and develop players internally. Hard pass on Westbrook in any trade.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, t96 said:

I'm sick of the Hornets going after other teams' sloppy seconds stars. Westbrook, Howard, Lin, Lance, Big Al, Rozier, etc. Either go after a legit superstar or draft and develop players internally. Hard pass on Westbrook in any trade.

To be fair, Lance was in his prime. Big Al was under the age of 30. Rozier is still only 24, I do believe. 

5 minutes ago, nctarheelreincarnated said:

To be fair, Lance was in his prime. Big Al was under the age of 30. Rozier is still only 24, I do believe. 

Yeah but as we saw with those guys, they had big questions marks and didn't last very long here/have success here. Rozier is to be determined, and I actually was pleasantly surprised by him last season but honestly I don't see him being a part of our core here, and I'd be shocked if he's here in 5 years. 

• Beer 1

If the Hornets really are interested, they have the leverage here if the rumors coming out of Houston are true. 

Like someone mentioned above, the only deal i’d make is Westbrook for Batum and Rozier.  I’m guessing they just want to get rid of his huge contract, they make that happen with Batum’s expiring contract and still get a capable starting PG. 

I personally wouldn’t make that deal, i’d rather be free of Batum’s contract after this year, but if it happens..it’d be an exciting starting lineup to watch, with the possible addition of James Weisman as our starting center or any of the other top rookies coming off the bench. 

• Pie 1

I knew it the second I heard that Russell wanted out of Houston. I pray that Jordan isn’t frigging dumb. Jordan is all about selling tickets. 

4 hours ago, Shocker said:

We have the cap space for Russell. I just don’t want to give up any picks or our young players 

We need to hit the draft next week and keep our 1st rounder next year in a good deep draft. After that, do whatever you want Jordan. Now just isn’t the time. Quit taking two steps backward every time you take a step forward.

1 hour ago, DeSim said:

If the Hornets really are interested, they have the leverage here if the rumors coming out of Houston are true. 

Like someone mentioned above, the only deal i’d make is Westbrook for Batum and Rozier.  I’m guessing they just want to get rid of his huge contract, they make that happen with Batum’s expiring contract and still get a capable starting PG. 

I personally wouldn’t make that deal, i’d rather be free of Batum’s contract after this year, but if it happens..it’d be an exciting starting lineup to watch, with the possible addition of James Weisman as our starting center or any of the other top rookies coming off the bench. 

The only way I would feel good about it, is Batum + Rozier + 2020 second round + 2021 second round. I wouldn’t even give up Malik Monk and definitely not Miles Bridges. I hate Jordan. If we give up Bridges, Monk or our 2021 1st rounder I might really have to quit rooting for this team under Jordan.