• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Darth Biscuit

Huddle Workout Warriors

You can make a pretty healthy one using Naan or Lavash bread. use the marinara sauce from whole foods, some fresh mozzarella cheese and a little basil and you have a much healthier version. I would also use Paul Prudhomme pizza and pasta seasoning.

Result is much healthier lower calorie, no gmo, preservatives or additives that taste awesome and won't ruin you daily calorie count.

Which bread do you prefer?

Which bread do you prefer?

I've been eating raw vegan for almost past year, but will be moving to more of a paleo diet when the that year ends next week, so it's been a while since I had bread or cheese. The naan bread is thicker and tastier, but you can have almost twice as much lavash for same calories. I would take the lavash and cook it a little first, then put sauce and cheese and finish it off a few more minutes in toaster oven and it basically comes out just like a pizza cracker.

You can also soft boil some eggs, mash them up with a tiny amount of real butter and spread over the toasted lavash and it's like eggs and toast (crackers).

The naan bread from whole foods brand also comes in garlic flavored which was great for the pizzas and probably the tastiest way to make them. It's taken quite a while to find healthy options of common food since most of it is loaded with additives and preservatives and found most of whole foods fresh stuff is usually free of any of this. They have a sweeter pizza sauce that I haven't tried, but the marinara sauce I use is pretty awesome.

I got a bunch of recipes and stuff I can share if you want help finding healthier versions for anything else. I made this raw vegan fudge last week that was super tasty using cacao nibs, medijool dates, cocunut oil, and almond butter. If you never tried medijool dates, they are just like caramel and worth a try to satisfy sweet craving.

Just got done with a 25 miler with none other than Mr Joe Person. He doesn't have too many fans on here but he's a good guy.

Sent from my iPhone

I'm not as sore as I thought I'd be... I did 8 total sets of squats pyramid style.  5 up, 3 down.  4 sets of hack squats, some supersets of tibias/calf raises, some quad extensions and a burnout on the leg press machine.

I'm getting more and more into this leg stuff...

Any good routines you have come across?  Mind setting out your regimen in further detail?  I really need to focus on my legs more and build more muscle.  I've got little chicken legs, and it isn't a good look.

Any good routines you have come across? Mind setting out your regimen in further detail? I really need to focus on my legs more and build more muscle. I've got little chicken legs, and it isn't a good look.

Honestly I just kind of make it up as I go...

Let me get at a real keyboard and I'll put some stuff down...

Any good routines you have come across?  Mind setting out your regimen in further detail?  I really need to focus on my legs more and build more muscle.  I've got little chicken legs, and it isn't a good look.

So back to this...

I don't really do any particular workout regimen... I do try and switch things up everytime I workout.

I have finally gotten back into doing squats... it hurts my surgically repaired shoulder some to hold the bar, but I just do it kind of wide gripped and it's better.

Squats are really the key for me with legs.  I generally either start with barbell squats or the leg press machine and go heavy with each, typically doing pyramid sets, and for the last two sets I'll do lighter weight, higher rep with a wide stance to target my inner thigh area.

On a typical leg day I'll do that, some seated calf raise supersetted with tibia raises, leg extensions and curls, hack squats, lunges, etc, and like I said, I switch it up and do a different order each time.

That's pretty typical of all my exercises.  Lately I've been doing one day during the week where I do deadlifts and more low back/hamstring and glute work and one day where I do squats and stuff that focuses more on my quads.

I am really starting to tell a difference in both strength and appearance of my legs.

So apparently I've hit a plateau and it sucks donkey balls. Switching up my workout a bit. It's pretty deflating to be doing everything right and not see results.

So apparently I've hit a plateau and it sucks donkey balls. Switching up my workout a bit. It's pretty deflating to be doing everything right and not see results.

It'll come back... just keep working.

Oh I'm not giving up but I do feel like I've earned the right to bitch about it.

I've wondered if I'm not eating enough but I get full at meals and have healthy snacks between meals.

Is it weird that when I see feet I automatically think of Jase?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Is it weird that when I see feet I automatically think of Jase?

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Pretty sure that's every huddler's automatic reaction.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    The_Apostle610

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts