• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Battle for Early NFCS Supremacy

saints4life25

I haven't had a chance to really focus on the Saints this year.

Has there defense looked improved over the past few weeks from the beginning of the season? What's the main issue and do you see Kelvin having a big day? (I have him on my fantasy team and am salivating at the thought of 1XX yards and a TD or two from him tomorrow)

Has Jimmy been hindered by his shoulder? Is he practicing in full and how did he look on Sunday?

How's your pass rush this year? ( We are an injury away from starting pee-wee league tackles on our O-line and i don't trust Foucult at all)

I haven't had a chance to really focus on the Saints this year.

Has there defense looked improved over the past few weeks from the beginning of the season? What's the main issue and do you see Kelvin having a big day? (I have him on my fantasy team and am salivating at the thought of 1XX yards and a TD or two from him tomorrow)

Answer: The defense has seemed to improve as the season went on. Outside of the late brain fart against Detroit, the last 2 weeks have been the best defensive performances of the season. The biggest issue is cornerback outside of Keenan Lewis. The #2 corner spot has just been bad, no matter who was playing. Benjamin will have his hands full with Lewis, and I fully expect him to follow him all over the field. Lewis is long, which should help against Benjamin. Nelson had 3 catches for 25 yards last week against Lewis.

Has Jimmy been hindered by his shoulder? Is he practicing in full and how did he look on Sunday?

Answer: He was limited this week, but looked better last weekend than against Detroit. In Detroit he was basically a decoy. He couldn't even lift his arm. He looked like he couldn't for the majority of the Packers game, but got things going in the third quarter with 5 catches for about 60 yards and a TD. Not sure what to expect from him on a short week.

How's your pass rush this year? ( We are an injury away from starting pee-wee league tackles on our O-line and i don't trust Foucult at all)

Answer: The pass rush has been a major disappointment. Galette has been decent but until Sunday night, Jordan has been invisible. They're too talented a duo to not get things going sooner or later. I would expect a big night from them with 3 starters out on the Panthers oline. (Although it may have been addition by subtraction with Bell.)

Archived