• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Overview of season/next off-season

Crazydounut

So as all of us know we are looking down the barrel of another lost season after going 15-1 last season.

The loss against the Chiefs is a microcosm of this season. And last season in a way if we didn't get as lucky as we did. 

Offense and Defense are solid-good in the first half. 

Other team makes adjustments accordingly. 

Rivera, Shula, and McDermott sit on their comfortable lead and don't plan ahead.

2nd half our run game fails, we rely on Cam throwing. Letting the opposing team's pass rush get to him. 

Defensively we start to run prevent defense letting other teams dink and dunk their way down the field. Also offsetting our pass rush and we are unable to turn it over for our offense.

Rivera doesn't make adjustments and the other team gets close to or grabs the lead late in the game. And we end up blowing the game.

We have still had plenty of chances to win games. We have one of the worst TO margins in the NFL.

We gotta sign/tag Turner, Norwell, Short, Star, Boston next offseason. I see us signing Boston, Star, and Turner, we tag Norwell and let Short go. Draft a RB, OT, DE. Cut Remmers and Tolbert. Fire Shula. We are set for another SB run.

Gettleman and Rivera also need to be on the hot seat next season. We could easily be 6-3 or even 7-2. But that is not what our record is and with our remaining schedule left I don't see us making a run. I say play hard but tank a little. Get a top 10 pick and push for a super bowl next season like the Cowboys this season 

Archived