• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Just a random thought.

iamhubby1

Is there anyone out there who is as confused about this draft as I am?

Someone brings up Fornette. So you get a bunch of reasons why we won't get him.

Adams, Garrett, Ross, Howard? Not going to happen for us?

Hence my confusion. I mean, who are we going to get if we don't get one of these guys? Since the end of the season, I have been looking forward to getting a stud at #8. Now, after reading all these mock threads, I am convinced we may not get that stud after all.

So...if you don't mind. Could you guys make up my mind already? Are we getting that DE? Or, is Fournette in my future? That Adams character is intriguing, but a SS at #8 just doesn't seem right. Please. For the love of all that is sacred. Put me out of my misery, and tell me who we are getting. Have a heart guys. I can't be asking all that much, can I?

Personally, I think we draft eighth in a draft with five top-tier players that are scheme transcendent and therefore fit any team:

Garrett

Thomas

Hooker

Adams

Lattimore

I think the next tier, for the Panthers, are talented players that fit - or could fit - what we do on offense / defense:

OJ Howard

Fournette (can he be as effective from shotgun?)

Corey Davis

Jonathan Allen

John Ross

So my guess is one of the top 5 if available, or one of the bottom tier if the top five are gone.  I think it's possible the Panthers would place Howard/Fournette over Adams.

Basically, we should root for QBs to go early.

I think this draft has the potential to be as good as 2011.

Garrett

Thomas

Adams

Allen

Lattimore

Hooker

Fournette

Howard

At least one of these guys will be there at 8, and I think all can be stars.  No guarantees on any prospect, but each of these guys has the potential to be special.  And that isn’t even taking into consideration McCaffrey, Ross, Davis, and a few others that also have a chance to be special. 

So, I feel confident we will get someone really good at #8.  I do think there is a pecking order, but I’d be pleased with any of these guys.   

Archived