• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I've calmed down

Moonshine

And I'll stick with my opinion that your argument to do so is based on shallow evidence. How many "big" games have the Panthers played in? Your choices are rather slim, as we've been really inconsistent from season to season. So, you base your opinion on the rather few showings he's had, against the numerous big games that a kicker like Vinateri has been in because his TEAM put him in game-winning situations consistently. Kasay has kicked quite a few game-winners for us, and in many games was basically our entire offense.

Also, I didn't say the games were worthless. In the grand scheme, they simply aren't worth MORE.

And you don't know if a team is peaking until after it's all said and done. Otherwise, why play the game? That's how we know that the Giants peaked at the right time last year, and the Patriots peaked at the wrong time. If the goal is the Superbowl, you can't "peak" until you hold that trophy, can you?

It may be shallow evidence but it's all I have. As Fox would say "it is what it is". Maybe ten years from now, when I have more evidence, I'll rethink my stance.

I know you feel the need to expand the topic into such interesting areas as "when teams peak", "the importance of games" and "the significance of home field advantage". But you digress...In an effort to get back on topic, let me summerize.

I didnt' said that Kasay had never had a great game.

I never said that he hadn't made some big kicks.

I never said that I didn't think he was a great guy and a good person.

All I ever said was that in the biggest regular season game and biggest post season game in Panther's history he was not clutch. Had he made a good kickoff in the SB and kicked the game winner tonite, I would certainly have a different opinion of his performance in big games. Since he did not, I don't.

One person did not lose the game tonight. Lucas' PI. Allowing a two point conversion. Smitty and that stupid holding penalty. And eveidently the Giants wanted it more.

I couldn't agree more. It was not all Kasay's fault. I never intended to state otherwise.

Archived