• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyle Orton may be the most ironic good QB in decades.

Delhomeboy

A Hater a la fans of former TO-associated teams? Maybe. I stuck up for Cutler for a couple years (especially against all the Phillip Rivers stuff) and now see I was wrong and am glad to be rid of the guy, to tell you the truth. Does that make me a hater? Probably to some degree. I'd be more than happy to see him fail miserably. I'm just glad he didn't do to my team what I suspect he's doing to do to yours.

Ahh, as the saying goes, "The truth will out." bigpro is a Broncos fan. :lol:

You "stuck up for Cutler" because he was your guy at the time... now he's not, so you're full of hate and vitriol. Nice. Congrats on your good start and as I've said from the start- good luck to Kyle, I've always like him and have hoped for success for him and I'm glad to see he's performing well and getting victories.

Much like the girlfriend that got dumped for a different girl, your panties are in a wad and you just hate to see the ex-boyfriend happy and doing well.

:thumbsup:

Classic

Ahh, as the saying goes, "The truth will out." bigpro is a Broncos fan. :lol:

You "stuck up for Cutler" because he was your guy at the time... now he's not, so you're full of hate and vitriol. Nice. Congrats on your good start and as I've said from the start- good luck to Kyle, I've always like him and have hoped for success for him and I'm glad to see he's performing well and getting victories.

Much like the girlfriend that got dumped for a different girl, your panties are in a wad and you just hate to see the ex-boyfriend happy and doing well.

:thumbsup:

Classic

Wow, character assassination. Nice.

Uhm, I never have tried to hide the fact that I'm both a Broncos fan and a Panthers fan, much like you with the Panthers and Bears, and anyone who's watched me over the last 5 years can attest to as much. On here, I try to concentrate on just Panthers discussion, unless there's something so blatant about the Broncos I have to comment. The difference between you and I, obviously, is that off this board I don't trash talk the Panthers (i.e., your "Panties" comment on the Bears board in, what was it, '05?).

As to the other part, I don't think I have to hear about vitriol and hating from a guy who used Lance Briggs' head on a silver platter as his avatar during the contract dispute. That's all I'm going to have to say about that.

Nevertheless, it's nice to see that you follow the classic philosophy of your left-leaning politics, in that when you can't impugn the message, impugn the messenger. That doesn't take away from the fact that my insight is dead-on accurate, brings novel points in rarely discussed aspects, and, as time is increasingly showing, are correct.

Now, please, back to the topic and the point.

Which reminds me. Did you have one?

Wow, character assassination. Nice.

Uhm, I never have tried to hide the fact that I'm both a Broncos fan and a Panthers fan, much like you with the Panthers and Bears, and anyone who's watched me over the last 5 years can attest to as much. On here, I try to concentrate on just Panthers discussion, unless there's something so blatant about the Broncos I have to comment. The difference between you and I, obviously, is that off this board I don't trash talk the Panthers (i.e., your "Panties" comment on the Bears board in, what was it, '05?).

hahahahaha! Wow... digging into the past for something that I've explained over and over ad nauseum. Since you've been here so long, I would think that you'd have read the explanation for that post. Selective memory, I guess.

As to the other part, I don't think I have to hear about vitriol and hating from a guy who used Lance Briggs' head on a silver platter as his avatar during the contract dispute. That's all I'm going to have to say about that.

OK... speaking of having a point. I'm missing yours here. Contract disputes are just that. Welcome to the NFL.

Nevertheless, it's nice to see that you follow the classic philosophy of your left-leaning politics, in that when you can't impugn the message, impugn the messenger.

:lol:

Your "message" is nothing more than a jaded cast-off fan who doesn't like seeing his "old guy" doing well and hoping and wishing for a meltdown. While you might hope that Cutler doesn't change the Bears QB position into one to be feared by opposing defenses, the truth is that he is doing just that, much to your chagrin... with a bunch of "no name" WRs. I love the parallel between politics and plain old football. How delicious.

That doesn't take away from the fact that my insight is dead-on accurate, brings novel points in rarely discussed aspects, and, as time is increasingly showing, are correct.

LOL. There you go again with your narcissistic "I'm never wrong" BS. Your "insight" and opinions are just that, so I find it hilarious you find yourself in such high regard that you consider them to be "dead-on accurat." Don't trip over yourself trying to assert yourself as the "voice of reason." That title's already been assumed here...

Worse, if he's injured, any chance at the playoffs, or even a .500 season, are long gone.

What a "novel point."

Now, please, back to the topic and the point.

Which reminds me. Did you have one?

The topic is about "Kyle Orton being the most ironic good QB in decades." What exactly does all of your shittalking about Cutler have to do with that? Get back on topic, man!

Wow, character assassination. Nice

And, color me stupid, but just how the hell is anything that I posted interpreted as "character assassination?" Admit it, you just wanted to use "character assassination" in your post (which is essentially what you've been doing to Cutler here and in other posts).

All I did was state a dead-on accurate, novel and rarely discussed perspective which has been show to be increasingly correct as to why you dislike Cutler so much.

:cool:

I guess we have to define "elite".

He's never won more games in a season than he's lost. To me, that would be the first requirement of an elite quarterback.

Second, he's never been to the playoffs. That would be the second.

Next, winning a playoff game, would be the third, but, well, see the second one.

If by elite you mean "Top 50% of all quarterbacks playing", well, maybe.

And you, being the Broncos fan that you are, blatantly ignore and disregard that your "defense" was absolute horseshit last year and prior and was the reason why the Broncos missed the playoffs, finished with the record they did, and thus never gave him the opportunity to win that game in the playoffs...

Yeah. You sure present a "dead-on accurate, novel and rarely discussed perspective which has been shown to be increasingly correct."

:idea:

I love it. I could do this all night!!

I just love picturing you at your computer in your pajamas, fuming over my reply, furiously typing out three of your own. Classic.

In the end, only time will tell. I suspect one team will make the playoffs and one won't, and truly it's up in the air to see who it will be. A lot, a WHOLE lot, can change in the next 10 games. I don't mind eating crow if I have to, let's see if you do.

I think we can just leave it at that.

Guy looks like he should be cooking BBQ at Piggly Wiggly's...yet is making some freakin' amazing throws. It makes Chicago looks kind of foolish.

What is a Piggly Wiggly? Is that some type of truck stop (***** house), with women who are a little robust?

I just love picturing you at your computer in your pajamas

*blink*

In the end, only time will tell.

Probably the most accurate thing you've predicted so far.

I don't mind eating crow if I have to, let's see if you do.

I think we can just leave it at that.

I've eaten my fair share of crow in my time. It is what it is. Sometimes a person is just wrong in what they feel is going to happen. It could just as easily happen to me as it could to you. I know Orton was not the same QB last year after he got dinged up. Like you said... an offense isn't the same without the starting QB. Don't wish too hard for a Chris Simms to have to compare stats to. I wish absolutely no harm to Kyle, but he has been sacked 9 times now.

• 4 weeks later...

Gotta love how these old threads suddenly get bumped...

You sure have been quiet on "your team" the Broncos, bigpro... What's up with that? Only pound your chest when they're winning? I'm pretty sure we covered this before, but what would that be called?

Well your post in the Cutler extension thread to him pobably helped his decision to bump them...

Hopefully, the server here won't go to poo again, so in the future I'll be readily able to rub your nose in just how wrong you've been. That'll be good times, for sure!

:)

Serioulsy though....you have to be a bit concerned with Cutler's decision making so far. I like Cutler and thought (and still do think) that he will be a good thing for Chicago, but he is really making some horrible choices. What is the word/feeling on him by most fans in Chicago right now?

Archived